What's new

TYM Movie Thread?

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
We have one of these? For like, current stuff? If not, BAM! I'll start: Why the hell did my theatre get August Osage County instead of Her and did anybody else not like Lone Survivor?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Lone Survivor sucked ass.

But lets talk about Wolf of Wall Street. Best Movie I've seen in years.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Lone Survivor sucked ass.

But lets talk about Wolf of Wall Street. Best Movie I've seen in years.
I would have liked it more if they cut out like 30 minutes. DiCaprio was fantastic as always. Do we have spoiler tags here? If not, I'll just say between the two artsy comedies that just came out, I liked American Hustle better. And was it just me, or did it seem like he was channeling his Gatsby for the role?

ruff321

Noob
Her was amazing although there was a few scenes where me and my bro were like "well this is awkward". Haven't watched Wolf of Wall Street yet so I'm definitely looking forward to watching it this weekend along with Ride Along.

Can't believe there's people buying tickets to watch Devil's Due. Found footage movies is waaay overdone and it need to stop.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I wished we had better scary flicks this year, but hat was one of the better ones. Dark Skies was cool, not a lot of press on that one. Same studio too if I remember right.

And @juicepouch January has been sucking tons of ass, you ain't missing much
The last thing I saw was the new Paranormal Activity, which was all sorts of entertaining, but not quite for the reasons I had been hoping

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Idk but Ima watch the new Robocop fuck it. I know ppl are gonna say "Its gonna suck etc." It looks interesting though. I know it will never compare to the original in 1987 but I will give this one a chance.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Her was amazing although there was a few scenes where me and my bro were like "well this is awkward". Haven't watched Wolf of Wall Street yet so I'm definitely looking forward to watching it this weekend along with Ride Along.

Can't believe there's people buying tickets to watch Devil's Due. Found footage movies is waaay overdone and it need to stop.
I saw it hoping it'd be better than Paranormal Activity. The ending was anticlimactic as fuck and it was full of plotholes. One you can figure out from the trailers :D! I want a good spooky movie dammit

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart

Not to mention it is a 100% copycat of Rosemary's baby

Edit: I also enjoyed Dredd

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
Idk but Ima watch the new Robocop fuck it. I know ppl are gonna say "Its gonna suck etc." It looks interesting though. I know it will never compare to the original in 1987 but I will give this one a chance.
I totally dig the new trailer until the "make him black" line. It's a good cast though, not like some of these reboots, so who knows?

@juicepouch, I think my favorite part is when he turns evil, he switches from a plain white shirt to plain black. The implications of outfit choice and evil in the Paranormal Activity-verse are astounding. And Simon Ouija is delightful

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I totally dig the new trailer until the "make him black" line. It's a good cast though, not like some of these reboots, so who knows?

@juicepouch, I think my favorite part is when he turns evil, he switches from a plain white shirt to plain black. The implications of outfit choice and evil in the Paranormal Activity-verse are astounding. And Simon Ouija is delightful
I was a big fan of the scene where they put the kid floating on Youtube and then got pissed when people were calling it fake

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"

Yeah I think when Michael Keaton said "make him black" it was a reference to Batman since he portrayed him in 1989 movie

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Good scary/horror movies are really hard to come by these days. The better ones are foreign with subtitles.

I did like The Conjuring, but was expecting a lot more out of it based on reviews and the hype.

This Is The End was also a lot worse than I expected. Not really that funny and random as fuck. The best part was Emma Watson, but that's only because she's my dream girl.

Oblivion with Tom Cruise was actually not that bad. I enjoyed it in fact.

Saw this weird movie with Seth Green called "Sexy Evil Genius". Entire movie takes place in a bar, but it wasn't too bad imo.

The newest Texas Chainsaw movie was actually pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. The main chick character is incredibly hot as well.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters wasn't too bad. The special effects and make up were well done imo.

The Purge was pretty bad. It could have been waaaay better and definitely not what I was expecting.

I saw this 2011 movie called Ironclad recently. It was pretty good, I love movies like that.

All I can really think of right now.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
I havent seen any new movies in a while. Last movie I saw in theatres was Catching fire. But on the real though, I wanna see Wolf of Wall Street and American Hustle, because Jennifer Lawrence <3

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Good scary/horror movies are really hard to come by these days. The better ones are foreign with subtitles.

I did like The Conjuring, but was expecting a lot more out of it based on reviews and the hype.

This Is The End was also a lot worse than I expected. Not really that funny and random as fuck. The best part was Emma Watson, but that's only because she's my dream girl.

Oblivion with Tom Cruise was actually not that bad. I enjoyed it in fact.

Saw this weird movie with Seth Green called "Sexy Evil Genius". Entire movie takes place in a bar, but it wasn't too bad imo.

The newest Texas Chainsaw movie was actually pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. The main chick character is incredibly hot as well.

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters wasn't too bad. The special effects and make up were well done imo.

The Purge was pretty bad. It could have been waaaay better and definitely not what I was expecting.

I saw this 2011 movie called Ironclad recently. It was pretty good, I love movies like that.

All I can really think of right now.

The conjuring was amazing imo, and the purge is the one with that 12 hour period right?

ruff321

Noob
^^^ Yep. Just a heads up Justice League War is coming out on Feb 4 for anyone that watches DC animated movies.