What's new

TYM members, help us rebuild!

Dark_Rob

Noob
In the grand scheme of things, 3 months is not a long time. Its not even a hockey season. But for TYM, and our community that thrives here, 3 months is a big chunk of our existence. We need you all to help us rebuild what weve lost. TYM's character forums were among the most informative and up to date character forums on any MK site, anywhere. And it was all due to you, our members who put so much work into them.
Now they are all 3 months out of date. So much tech, strategies, videos and other important data has been lost. And were going to to need everyones help to get back what we once had. I encourage all character mods to go through their forums and help bring them back up to date. Everyone try and remember the important things you contributed over the past 3 months and repost it. This is a big task, but we have a solid and resourceful community and I know you all have what it takes to bring it all back.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
... dammit, pride swallowing time. Give credit where credit is due and all
RedRaptor10 posted this on the GameFAQs boards when it came out

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/961031-mortal-kombat/63737621

That topic leads to a thing about fighting Skarlet. He and a bunch of other people (credited in the topic) worked hella hard on it and if it ain't int he SKar Skar forums, I feel it NEEDS to get back there quick like. I'll scrounge around for what else I can find.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Tom Brady your kitana and noob videos along with specific use of D4.
Youve given me a good idea. In addition to trying to remember what you,yourself may have posted, if anybody thinks of anything another member posted that was useful and informative, tag them here asking for them to repost it as Qwark just did. You may help someone remember to post something that they, themselves have forgotten about.

Or we could replace 3 months of complaining about Kabal and Kenshi.
Maybe we dont need to bring back eeeeeeeverything.

zaf

professor
Dark_Rob
Got that ermac mod, and now ill be back in the ermac boards putting it back to normal.
I know some threads that are missing, as well as my tutorial videos.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Dark_Rob STORMS said he had the posts, but not the threads.. I can rebuild probably 70-80% of the important threads from that. So it's not really lost. Just requires a bit of ingenuity.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I may be wrong, but I believe it was Derpin Errday who made the tech jump topic.
@ChongoLovesYou made a throwing topic that was pretty awesome
@AlienSubstance made the Kratos Forums amazing and sexy in every way...

Ummm... Why aren't they all blue linked like Derpin?

Dark_Rob

Noob
Dark_Rob STORMS said he had the posts, but not the threads.. I can rebuild probably 70-80% of the important threads from that. So it's not really lost. Just requires a bit of ingenuity.
Ingenuity is something I know this community possesses in abundance and I thank all you guys in advance for the hard work you guys will do(again) to make TYM the best competitive MK site on the web once more.

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
I wrote an overview of Sub-zero's story, before. I've since then updated it by a lot, would it be ok for me to post that somewhere?

4x4lo8o

Noob
Lots of stuff that's gone is cached on Google, so if you know of something but can't remember all of it or who posted if you can find it on Google you can get it that way. Finding the thread you want can be a pain, but it's probably better than remaking some stuff from scratch

Edit:
For any who don't know how, just google for what you're looking for, once you find it you click on the little arrows next the result, then click cache
http://i.imgur.com/m16tU.png

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Lots of stuff that's gone is cached on Google, so if you know of something but can't remember all of it or who posted if you can find it on Google you can get it that way. Finding the thread you want can be a pain, but it's probably better than remaking some stuff from scratch
I love you 5ever for this.
Just found Chongo's topic, going to post it in a sec

4x4lo8o

Noob
Tried, unless I'm doing it wrong that stuff is gone too
What are you looking for? I was using it for a lot of stuff successfully while the site was down. Not everything is there, but there's a ton of cached stuff

Edit:
For example:
Kabal complaining
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ZXoScS6GZx8J:testyourmight.com/threads/the-kabal-era.25375

Evo memes
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:4TrRQs3W1TcJ:testyourmight.com/threads/evo-memes.24405

For any who don't know how, just google for what you're looking for, once you find it you click on the little arrows next the result, then click cache
http://i.imgur.com/m16tU.png

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Word Rob. My mental block has even reverted back to June coming back to TYM in this state. I feel weird trying to use Kenshi now.. :confused:

However there's something I've been sitting on for months with Scorpion that I finally got down at i46 and owe the Scorp forums an explanation, so I'll be up for helping with the restoration process there :)

Espio

Kokomo
Stryker, Jade, and Sheeva video guide series have been restored to their respective forums, just to update everyone.

I'll probably need some help retrieving my Stryker MU chart from the Netherrealm as it was restored back to the Stryker forum, but the crash sent it back lol.