What's new

Twitch.tv policy changes: "save forever" gone, old videos to be deleted

Sami

Noob

The main changes that will be happening are:

• Highlights
    • These will still be saved indefinitely.
    • New highlight videos are capped at 2 hours each.
    • Previous highlight videos over 2 hours will NOT be deleted - they'll stay "forever".
  • Past Broadcasts
    • The "save forever" feature is being removed for new broadcasts.
    • Existing footage in the "past broadcasts" section will be deleted from twitch.tv in 3 weeks time.
    • New streams can only be archived in "past broadcasts" for a maximum of 14 days for regular broadcasters and 60 days for Turbo and Partner members. After those times are hit, it is deleted.
How to prepare for these policy changes (copied from the link below):
  • Use the new Video Manager to highlight the content you love so it will be saved indefinitely.
  • Export past broadcasts you want to save to YouTube. Note: Past broadcasts will be exported in 2-hour segments.
  • We will remind you regularly over the next three weeks of the impending changes so you’re prepared.
Source: http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/08/update-changes-to-vods-on-twitch/

@AK RM Blake@Cal-EL @CrimsonShadow @STORMS front page worthy? A LOT of archived MK9 and Injustice footage is going to be lost if it doesn't get exported within the next 3 weeks...

Last edited by a moderator:

Justice

Noob
People didn't see this coming? Seriously? If you want to get mad about something, how about the lack of ability to archive ps4 streams AT ALL!

I know people can just archive everything to youtube, which will be made easier apparently. But it's still going to suck for tournaments and especially weeklies like WNF which last way more than 2 hours. So they can't just turn them into highlights.

I guess the highlight would be top 32 or top 16. But if they want to save everything they'll have to upload like 40 parts..

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I know people can just archive everything to youtube, which will be made easier apparently. But it's still going to suck for tournaments and especially weeklies like WNF which last way more than 2 hours. So they can't just turn them into highlights.

I guess the highlight would be top 32 or top 16. But if they want to save everything they'll have to upload like 40 parts..
Whoever is the "stream master" will have to break out the matches. Nothing more to it.

Sami

Noob
R.I.P twitch.tv you were so young...

Anyway we still got justintv and ustream!
Not sure if that's a joke... justin.tv was shut down 2 days ago by the parent company that owns it and twitch.tv ("Twitch Interactive") and all stored videos were deleted. Twitch Interactive is now focusing 100% on twitch.tv.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Not sure if that's a joke... justin.tv was shut down 2 days ago by the parent company that owns it and twitch.tv ("Twitch Interactive") and all stored videos were deleted. Twitch Interactive is now focusing 100% on twitch.tv.
:(

Ustream its then!

Sami

Noob
@STORM trying to find a way to switch the front page image to the twitch logo as currently it's trying to use the image/table thing which looks weird. Any chance you could fix it? Also, thank you for the front page :)

Twitch is also implementing the copyrighted music policies of youtube. They will mute any archives that their robots deem has copyrighted music in it. If I read it right, I don't think it matters if you stream with music playing. They will just mute the archive. Ay Carumba!