What's new

TWEEDY IS QUITTING AFTER CEO!? DONT DO IT!

I am really wondering how much these top players make each year. I am not talking about the likes of Sonicfox (the best of the best). How much does a player like tweedy make? 40 or 50 thousand a year? Maybe a bit more? It's decent money but not much more then your average worker. But with a lot less job security. I understand if he is tired of the grind. I just hope he has something else to fall back on.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I am really wondering how much these top players make each year. I am not talking about the likes of Sonicfox (the best of the best). How much does a player like tweedy make? 40 or 50 thousand a year? Maybe a bit more? It's decent money but not much more then your average worker. But with a lot less job security. I understand if he is tired of the grind. I just hope he has something else to fall back on.
Yeah that was my guess was 40-60k a year. I don't know about sponsor money or if they just pay to cover entree fees/share profits from monetizing videos?

Xentex

Noob
You can see the prize pools for all the major tournaments. $40-60K a year on a game like MK11 is possible for 1 or 2 dominant players.

You can drive a truck for Walmart and make $70K. And you don't have to be particularly good at driving.

I'd enjoy it (as a spectator) if there were a more lucrative market for professional gamers, but global number 5 in MK 11 will likely net you a bit less than pushing a broom at your local middle school. Sad, but unless you manage to get a bunch of endorsements, YouTube, or streaming revenue that's where the numbers are.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You can see the prize pools for all the major tournaments. $40-60K a year on a game like MK11 is possible for 1 or 2 dominant players.

You can drive a truck for Walmart and make $70K. And you don't have to be particularly good at driving.

I'd enjoy it (as a spectator) if there were a more lucrative market for professional gamers, but global number 5 in MK 11 will likely net you a bit less than pushing a broom at your local middle school. Sad, but unless you manage to get a bunch of endorsements, YouTube, or streaming revenue that's where the numbers are.
True....he did say he's gonna be streaming more. So maybe thats the route hes gonna take.

i think streaming would be a nice move he has the personality to make it work. wish him the best.
Shroud did the same leaving his CSGO career to go full time streamer and his making millions.

Sad numbers indeed. But it makes it more understandable that tweedy is quitting.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.

And you get insurance and likely a 401k from the school.

GothamInGray

Hanzo Main
I'm not surprised. I was kind of expecting him to take some kind of break considering how unpopular he seems to be among his fellow competitors.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

That's basically where I fall into. I can see myself doing locals for the fun of it and maybe a bit of money on the side, but as far as making a career of it, I've already gotten a Bachelors Degree and I'm able to make more money doing what I do than being a pro gamer.

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
$40k~70k for a salaried FGC pro player is a dream

hell any decent salary for a pro FGC player is a dream...

right now most sponsorships are travel/hotel/registration fees paid and theyre def dipping into your winnings if you do win

Searsy82

Noob
I don't really follow the tournament scene or really know who he is. But I hope he finds his way and gets better (mentally and physically).

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
He’s not allowed to give his opinion? He ain’t call him out of his name or say anything remotely derogatory. I think you’re slightly overreacting.
Being an asshole is not giving an opinion. Im not goin back with u kids that dont know the difference. Dont be a dick. Its not fucking hard. Or dont post. End of discussion

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
He should do what he has to do. I can't begin to imagine putting in hundreds or thousands of hours into gaming to only get maybe a few thousand dollars a year. That's in of itself crazy and reckless.

How can someone support themselves and pay rent, food, bills and have a meaningful life let alone pay for a family and kids and whatnot.

It doesn't matter if your young or old. Successful or not. There's a slim chance you're going to be a top earner or ride the easy content/streaming wave and get paid.

Get a education.
Get a career.
Then follow this hobby or dream or whatever you call it.

No need to stress yourself out on what a placement or the next guy makes when your better off working or going to school to be better then that next guy.

That's the way I see it.

BuffRaiden

Nerf Erron's F4 Already
Being an asshole is not giving an opinion. Im not goin back with u kids that dont know the difference. Dont be a dick. Its not fucking hard. Or dont post. End of discussion
Bro, what is your deal with this nazi like kindergarten happy feelings crap. People don’t like the guy. Get the fuck over over it. You’re in for a rude awakening when you leave your mom’s house.