What's new

True Frame Data for Each character

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
The only accurate one I did was for Harley....and even then it isn't entirely complete because of the air stuff. WW is accurate up until MBshield toss and tiara and b3/f3 only. Everything else is good. It just takes a long ass time to break it down because animations change between characters, as well as their jumps. Some characters hit the air in as little as 2f while others can take up to 4-5f, so it requires a bit of testing per character so that you can time everything else

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
someone needs to do this, like write this up for each character, since a fair portion of the in game frame data is off or just plain wrong.
It would be nice to have it in a thread however isn't it already on a website where everything for each character is laid out all nice in a table and stuff? Or we could just make a thread and list only what frame data is wrong, since there is less of it than correct data.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
It would be nice to have it in a thread however isn't it already on a website where everything for each character is laid out all nice in a table and stuff? Or we could just make a thread and list only what frame data is wrong, since there is less of it than correct data.
There's that, but also cancel advantage which isn't anywhere. Only characters I got it for was Cyborg, Harley and WW. You can find them in their forums

7L

Heads up!
sinestro b12 -14

but in all reality it's spacing specific for a lot of moves
like arrows slide. says -13, but in reality if you slide in their face and get blocked, you're like -25. If you can space it so the edge of your toe hits them on the end of the slide, it's safe

i don't get how that works.
Some character specific moves just recover faster if used at max range. At like, the end of their animation. This accounts really only for characters that has special moves that zip across the screen, or half screen. Like kf slife, catwoman's dash, and Nightwing's flying grayson.

Some character specific moves just recover faster if used at max range. At like, the end of their animation. This accounts really only for characters that has special moves that zip across the screen, or half screen. Like kf slife, catwoman's dash, and Nightwing's flying grayson.
Actually, Martian manhunter's standing 3 has more advantage at max distance than at close, because it hits higher on the spin, meaning it hits later in the animation, meaning the move is recovering slightly earlier than normal in relation to when the block stun becomes active. Moves like kenshi's back 2 or shoulder charge in mk9 also have this application based on range.. (the shoulder more dramatically)

@Axel_Redd i hope this helps

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so its kinda like a meaty almost? except their standing?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
i don't get how that works.
Some moves go through entire animation regardless of moment it connects with the character that blocks. So, say, you can have some move be less safe up close but almost neutral if your opponent stands further (so it takes more time before the move connects, so it puts opponent into blockstun later, so he'll recover later, so you get less minus frames on said block).

E

Eldriken

Actually, Martian manhunter's standing 3 has more advantage at max distance than at close, because it hits higher on the spin, meaning it hits later in the animation, meaning the move is recovering slightly earlier than normal in relation to when the block stun becomes active. Moves like kenshi's back 2 or shoulder charge in mk9 also have this application based on range.. (the shoulder more dramatically)

@Axel_Redd i hope this helps
DA PECKA IS LAYING DOWN THE KNOWLEDGE.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
mmh's overhead telport's frame data depends on how it get blocked and possibly the air and regular oh telports have different data because sometimes a corps charge punishes (-8 on block) and sometimes it doesn't (-5 on block?):(

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
mmh's overhead telport's frame data depends on how it get blocked and possibly the air and regular oh telports have different data because sometimes a corps charge punishes (-8 on block) and sometimes it doesn't (-5 on block?):(
Or maybe it's about spacing and not actual frame data.
If you "just block" OH teleport, you don't walk too far away from where MMH appears so Corp Charge reaches him in time.
If you hold back all the time, you go back further during the time between MMH's reappearing and his teleport hitting you, so Corp Charge requires a couple of frames more to reach MMH letting him recover and blow you up for your trouble.

Just my theory.