What's new

*TOURNEY SEASON 3 - TEAM BATTLES* TYM League (PSN)

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Please report your scores in the private conversation threads, it will be much easier to keep track of when it's all in the same place. That's my fault and I should have said that from the beginning. You are more than welcome to make your own small group conversations to help keep in contact for your matches, but please report scores and everything else to the main one:

TYM MK11 League (PSN)

TYM MK11 League (XBL)

@Vslayer

xKMMx

Banned
I won 3-1 over @xKMMx ...but got lucky!
That dudes jacqui is.... Ummm... Imma have nightmares
HAha dude your too nice. I'm still having a hard time with certain match ups. Although I will say I noticed after I took the first one where we both tried to play up close and I won you went straight to that Cassie zoning game lol.

And I definitely did not do enough to get around that effectively.

xKMMx

Banned
Lol
I won 3-1 over @xKMMx ...but got lucky!
That dudes jacqui is.... Ummm... Imma have nightmares
Lmao your being way too nice. I didnt play well at all after that first match.

I guess i Can give myself credit for making you want nothing to do with the close range game after I took the first one. But you zoned me out big time after that and I had no answer for it.

Lol
Lmao your being way too nice. I didnt play well at all after that first match.

I guess i Can give myself credit for making you want nothing to do with the close range game after I took the first one. But you zoned me out big time after that and I had no answer for it.
lol just sayin man ive played a lot of jacquis and you were doing pressure strings i dont see often...i learned a ton of jacqui stuff in that set...i stole the HELL outta that b34 in to pressure on block...that shit got me every damn TIME!

xKMMx

Banned
lol just sayin man ive played a lot of jacquis and you were doing pressure strings i dont see often...i learned a ton of jacqui stuff in that set...i stole the HELL outta that b34 in to pressure on block...that shit got me every damn TIME!
Getting my ass kicked countless times by @Professor Oak made me have to get creative with my pressure. Iron sharpens iron.

Almost no randoms adjust to that in ranked. They will literally push a button thinking its their turn every time. I'm not really well schooled enough in fighting game mechanics to know if that's a legit frame trap or not but it sure works like one.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Getting my ass kicked countless times by @Professor Oak made me have to get creative with my pressure. Iron sharpens iron.

Almost no randoms adjust to that in ranked. They will literally push a button thinking its their turn every time. I'm not really well schooled enough in fighting game mechanics to know if that's a legit frame trap or not but it sure works like one.
Learned today that theres a gap between b3()4 large enough for a normal into full combo :)

xKMMx

Banned
[/QUOTE]
Learned today that theres a gap between b3()4 large enough for a normal into full combo :)
Ive been poked out of it a bunch by mashers but they always keeping mashing the poke so I just whiff punish the ones they throw out after they poke me out of the string.

But now your saying I'm gonna get banged up for damage?!

Time to get more tricky i guess.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Yeah and I'm pretty sure Maniac or someone flawless blocked me in that. We need to practice that shit. Lol
Its def fblockable, more resource conservative to use a normal, though. But we def need to practice fblocking counter pokes.

Ive been poked out of it a bunch by mashers but they always keeping mashing the poke so I just whiff punish the ones they throw out after they poke me out of the string.

[/QUOTE]
A big 371 damage if Im playing Sonya and 353 if I wanna side switch. Also, if you stagger it, she can parry any follow up on a read.

xKMMx

Banned
Its def fblockable, more resource conservative to use a normal, though. But we def need to practice fblocking counter pokes.

A big 371 damage if Im playing Sonya and 353 if I wanna side switch. Also, if you stagger it, she can parry any follow up on a read.
[/QUOTE]
I'm currently trying to explore the options around Next Gen and her tools. That DOT doesn't seem to stack as well as it should from the grenade launcher. Or at least not as much as I'd like it to LOL.

In MKX doing similiar stuff with Acidic alien was basically death in the corner. I'm not the best with labbing and finding tech so I generally look for stuff on the internet but there really isnt much out there on Next Gen yet.

xKMMx

Banned

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for putting my tech on blast across the league bro. I thought you were supposed to be my coach lol.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Thanks for putting my tech on blast across the league bro. I thought you were supposed to be my coach lol.
[/QUOTE]
Ayy, Im saving you from getting blown up by someone who already knows. AND Im labbing next gen set ups for you rn.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man

I get my ass handed to me by a bunch of the KOTH group because I do that as well, pressing a button when its not my turn. Not sure why that happens since when I'm facing randoms, I almost never do that. That is something that picking Johnny back up has taught me, being patient and picking your spot.

xKMMx

Banned
I get my ass handed to me by a bunch of the KOTH group because I do that as well, pressing a button when its not my turn. Not sure why that happens since when I'm facing randoms, I almost never do that. That is something that picking Johnny back up has taught me, being patient and picking your spot.
I pretty much always end up playing less than my best during the KOTH cause I fell like everyone is probably judging my game the whole time going...."what the hell is this guy doing?!" lmao

That and nerves cause most of yall I cant make one mistake against without being blown up

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I pretty much always end up playing less than my best during the KOTH cause I fell like everyone is probably judging my game the whole time going...."what the hell is this guy doing?!" lmao

That and nerves cause most of yall I cant make one mistake against without being blown up
I think that's my issue as well, just wanting to get something going, even though I know that it's not worth the risk. One of those things that you are able to look back on and think, "What was I thinking doing that?"

As for the first part there, don't worry about any of that. The group is pretty good about that kinda thing. We're all at different skill levels, but we're all here to improve.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think that's my issue as well, just wanting to get something going, even though I know that it's not worth the risk. One of those things that you are able to look back on and think, "What was I thinking doing that?"

As for the first part there, don't worry about any of that. The group is pretty good about that kinda thing. We're all at different skill levels, but we're all here to improve.
Yeah, that's why you try to go for B13 a lot. Use Cassie's F2 and B24 when you're on offence, B13 is not worth it. But yeah don't be nervous guys, we're here to improve really and having people of all skill levels is really great cause we get to give each other pointers and force each other to be better the hard way, tough love baby. :p

Also, play sets with people who body you. I can guarantee after a few weeks the matches will be much, much closer.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Yeah, that's why you try to go for B13 a lot. Use Cassie's F2 and B24 when you're on offence, B13 is not worth it. But yeah don't be nervous guys, we're here to improve really and having people of all skill levels is really great cause we get to give each other pointers and force each other to be better the hard way, tough love baby. :p

Also, play sets with people who body you. I can guarantee after a few weeks the matches will be much, much closer.
Oh yeah, B13 has become a bit of a crutch for me. Really gotta stop leaning on it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

Nah man, fuck that. Don't care what we think!

Gotta go in feeling like you're gonna dominate.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Please report your scores in the private conversation threads, it will be much easier to keep track of when it's all in the same place. That's my fault and I should have said that from the beginning. You are more than welcome to make your own small group conversations to help keep in contact for your matches, but please report scores and everything else to the main one:

TYM MK11 League (PSN)

TYM MK11 League (XBL)

@Vslayer
Hey does anyone have the XBL bracket and can someone tag me and @PreNerf_ in the Private XBL matches thread?