What's new

Tournaments Should be 3/5?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
yes, even paulo has stated he feels the game should be run 3/5.
TO stuff aside,maybe we should listen to the people who make the game when it comes to this stuff

Nutrient

Lex Flex
yes, even paulo has stated he feels the game should be run 3/5.
TO stuff aside,maybe we should listen to the people who make the game when it comes to this stuff
Was MK made to have only few select characters dominate tourneys?

Was SSF4 unblockables part of game from beginning?

Was SSB even made to be apart of competitive fighters?

Nope.

Games don't always pan out the way you want

I acknowledge issues with 3/5 in big tourneys, but when ttt2 and UMVC3 are rocking it for reasons like legitimate play I can only feel ousted when denied the same treatment.

When Killer Instinct comes out I guarantee you won't see any issues 2/3 or 3/5

Why?
One probability: "derrr uber mega hype lets go!!! maximum cpm from stream monsters hype"
2nd probability: Nobodys playing it

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Was MK made to have only few select characters dominate tourneys?

Was SSF4 unblockables part of game from beginning?

Was SSB even made to be apart of competitive fighters?

Nope.

Games don't always pan out the way you want

I acknowledge issues with 3/5 in big tourneys, but when ttt2 and UMVC3 are rocking it for reasons like legitimate play I can only feel ousted when denied the same treatment.

was marvel meant to be played outside special needs clinics?

yea i get what your saying though,fair point.
but still 3/5 or gtfo lol

pherleece

Woolay
I don't get this TBH. Most majors are run over an entire weekend not a single night, why do all the games overlap each other instead of broken apart.
Another reason why I love running round robin, you are not at the mercy of any which pool, so if someone is playing another game, you can work around then very easily.
I agree with you but it's how the TO's run their event. with things the way they are now, tournaments barely finish on time so i dont see how adding in more games wouldnt just make thibgs worse. I like 3/5 or round robin cause it means more games for the attendees

wait wait wait. Since when was Tekken 3/5 games? Its 3/5 rounds because the game defaults it to that setting since like... tekken 3? maybe not 3 but its been the default for years now. That is why tekken is 3/5 rounds and 2/3 games

TEKKEN Tag Tournament 2
  • PlayStation 3
  • 80 Second Rounds, 3/5 Rounds, Best 2/3 Games in Pools. 3/5 Games after Pools
You have to remember why tekken is 3/5 after pools at TFC. TFC is run by one of the biggest supporters of the tekken scene in the U.S. Final Round is Tekken homeland in the USA and you can bet your money they will have it their way when they host their events.

SCR, ECT, Big-E tournaments are all 2/3 in pools