What's new

Top 50 Xbox Live Leaderboard

how can you be 101-0 and not be top 5? who'd he play? ts 24 and below? 110 times, how can yo miss so many good ts players?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I was 34 at one point but lost to several NW players in a row and got sick. Just now started playing ranked again and I stopped when I broke 50.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
more than likely once he got to a certain level he only was playing against people ranked lower than him. When I moved up to #7 and was like 75 and 4.

Enigma

Noob
Updated for 11/10. Sorry for the lateness, but I've been sick lately. My sleep schedule has been all over the place.

Anyways, sharp drops by NECROPEDOHILE1, DIGIT BLACK, and x rickson x with Freeisgood debuting on the list with an interesting W column.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
3rd place for now! 435 and 17. That VaderXxx guy lost 4 matches and dropped down to the 260s! He even won a few more lol.

my rank see-saws waaaay too much. and I KNOW i'm not total garbage in this game.

Up in the 40s down to the 60s then back up to the 50s now down to the 100s. I lose a match to a laggy ass robot smoke or a laggy teleport jump kick spam ninja and my rank just shoots all the way down. Upon seeing the bar it'll be like 3 yellow or 3 green, then the match is all of a sudden laggy as hell and then once i lose their bar is 1 red.

you guys are lucky in the top five. not saying your not good. but, how you get bye these laggy losers and what not is amazing

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Action, the reason why your rank moves around so much is because you are in a section of the TS level where a LOT of players are just about equal right now. In terms of tier players the top 5 are pretty much fluctating by 1 spot a day, 5-10 are about 2 unit variance, 10-15 about 3, 15-20 about 5, and then after that between 21 and 80 there is a huge chunk of closely skilled players where you might see someone ranked 25 one day, and then 50 the next. That section will ALWAYS be like this unless these players start tightening up their skills and start pushing the top 20 down. Eventually it's going to get to the point where the top 2 or 3 spots will remain static for a very long time at certain points because #1 will be far away from #2, and 2 and 3 will probably fluctuate a bit more. There are at least 10 amazing players on the list right now and if everyone keeps playing the variety of placement will continue. It all depends on "what happens"

As for the laggers, I have started making a mental list of players I simply do not want to play against because the chance of losing because of lag is too great. Fortunately it's maybe 1 in 10 players who lags beyond playability. ShynForce's lag/delay is so insurmountable at times, and a couple other guys are always red when I play them. There's one guy who gets 4 Green bars to me and still lags like Hell. I just don't play people who have any red bars at all, the lowest I'll play is 2 yellow and even that can be risky as it was tonight in a 4 Player game I had.

As far the top 5, only reason Lex is not in there right now is because he's still on the pad and he's also not quite as accustomed to netplay as me Moe and Thrower. Once MikeJ119 gets on things are going to get SICK. The fact that Lex, Moe, Thrower and myself are top ranked means that the True Skill rank is working. There's no luck at all involved with our ranks, but I would say the W/L records are slightly tainted. In my personal opinion, I should only have about 2 losses but I have 17 due to lag/gamepad issues. It's obviously not a huge enough factor at this point to skew the results that much.

Bottom line: Don't play red bars.

i played that vader xx guy, thats the most lagggy guy on earth very slow mow. can anyone make a lag list of sticky people im going to start posting tag names.

Enigma

Noob
We need to get a list of known lag manipulators and have everyone send them with Cheating complaints. If the system has remained the same from the original Xbox, it's totally automated and triggers on x amount of unique complaints.

So VADER Xxx is a cheater, eh?

Send him a friend request, file a complaint on him, cancel friend request.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
It might not be his fault guys. The last two nights I've played at around 4-5am and there are TONS of European players, some have better connections that feel like playing someone in the US, but most make the game move in slow motion. Even played a guy from Australia, horrible games due to the connection...I barely scraped by with 2 wins and told him that I've had enough lol

even if its not there fault, i still would'nt mind a list, i'd rather not play those people, because the funny part they think there good because of a lag win.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Those people that don't believe the lag they cause affects the gameplay can really bring down the match. It sucks to avoid someone that just wants to play and realizes their lag is hurting the other player, but a list of people that are dicks about it because they don't want to believe their lag is the reason they win so much would probably raise the quality of gaming for the whole community.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I have had several instances playing people where I've had significant kaillera "good" setting lag, and the other person says there's none at all. That's a huge disadvantage even for someone skilled vs someone average. This is why it's pretty much essential that you only play people with a decent connection to you.

does anyone know if there going to patch this game, i sure would like to see some other stage then hell, without puting the codes in. my eye s hurt form seeing so much red. i wanna fight on the street every once in while.

Shock said:
Bottom line: Don't play red bars.
Yes. But what happens alot of the time is that the bar ends up being red once the match starts. You'll go up against someone with 3 green or 3 yellow, and the match is over it's a red.
---------

To Enigma: why avoid playing me? You're just like the majority of everyone else that quits once they play against my Kitana. My Kitana isn't super amazing either, i dont understand what your problem is.

Enigma

Noob
I never quit the actual game. But yes, I'm in a particularly rotten mood because of this stupid ranking system. I win 20 games in a row and only go up about 15 notches, lose 1 game and go down 10. It's absolutely ridiculous. Nothing personal.

welcome to the club. but instead, how but actually winning matches and have your rank go down. That happens to me all the time. I thought the ranking was supposed to always be positive when you actually win a match. WTF in game match criteria does this thing look at.

Also, when my rank was at 47 for a span of like 1 hour i was there, i lost one laggy match and dropped down into the 90s. So you're not the only one this is happening to.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Having to win more to maintain after a loss makes complete sense and it also depends on the level of the person you play. I have won over 170 matches in the last 5 days and lost *1* but I am still a TS of 40, I think I was 39 5 days ago. This is probably because increment for the TS unit values increases, making it harder for the highest ranked players to surpass eachother by beating other players. I thought my one loss would have even dropped me to 38 but I stayed a 40. Crazy Dom lost 3 and hasn't played as many as I have in the last few days but is still the same rank.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Other people advancing more infront of you. I really don't think it's possible for your True Skill to decrease after winning, but say two guys play at the same time as you vs other players and they both surpass your TS level in the mean time, they push down everyone on top of you as well, so ranks will all come down in a line once one person gets there. When I reached #12 on the first night, at some point like 15,000 all dropped 1 rank. The more people ahead of you, the more your rank is going to fluctuate.

i really like the fact that the top five have no choice but to play, it keeps the game fresh.

its kinda like tiger woods, if you wanna stay at the top you gotta keep going plus you make the rest of the field stronger.

they should have a option to join mini tourneys, this way you can gain more rank.