What's new

Top 5 Fighting Games of All-Time

Hey guys, so I'm creating this post because I want to know what the community's tastes are when it comes to fighting games. Maybe this will help you understand who you are as a player, and where you fit within the FGC. Here's my personal top five, be sure to post yours down below!
  1. Dragonball Z: Budokai 3
  2. Soul Edge
  3. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
  4. Bushido Blade
  5. Skullgirls
Honorable Mentions
Tekken 3
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Ultra Street Fighter IV
etc.

Last edited:

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
1-3 mk9 injustice and mkx in no particular order
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5. Virtually Fighter 4 (even though I am absolutely terrible at it)
Honorable mentions:
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Any other street fighter besides the first one
Dead or Alive 5: Last Round (because Virtua Fighter characters are in it)
I'm pretty much trouble at all these except for MAYBE mkx, I could maybe possibly be good, but I would probably say I'm the best at mkx out of all my favorite fighting games but I'm still mediocre at mkx

Sultan

Kitana, Scorpion
CVS2 -- my all time favorite, the system, the character selection, the playstyle. It warms my salty old heart.
SF3:3S -- my first love in the FGC. Urien will go down as my favorite fighting game character til death, AEGIS BOYS FO LIFE
SSF2:T -- probably the game I'm most proficient at and the game I took most seriously. ST M.Bison is a close second for favorite character ever.
KOF13 -- The best fighting game to come out in the last 10-15 years, easily. I wish that I was around a thriving scene for this when it came out, or that the netcode was even remotely usable. I've spent more time in training mode in this game for no reason just because it's that perfect.
IGAU -- it was between this and UMK3. Probably the most flawed game on my list, but despite annoyances like interactables and other oddities, I can't deny the fun I had playing this game.

SF5 will inevitably replace IGAU on my list when it drops. Based on beta play it's already one of the best fighters period in my mind, and I can't wait to sink my teeth into it. The hype is so f-cking real.

Ns_Brutalmileena

Wheres Mileener!BRUH
1.guilty gear xx accent core +r
2.capcom vs snk 2
3.super smash brothers melee
4.bloody roar 3
5.soul caliber 3

Bonus::: power stone series

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Tekken 6
Mortal Kombat X
Smash Bros Meele
StreetFighter 3rd Strike
Darkstalkers

Honorable mentions
UMK3
Streetfighter ex3
Tekken 3
Rival schools
IGAU
MK9
Tekken Tag

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
no order

1)Tekken 5:dr (t3 gets an honorable mention)
2)Soul calibur 2
3)Cvsnk2
4) melty blood (pc version)
5) uniel(hopefully uniest)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Since, as said beforem this is really opinion based. My list is:
1. MK9
2. Injustice
3. SFIV
4. MKX

I don't even think I've played another fighting game when I understood anything pretty deep about the game so I guess number 5 for me has to go to either:
SFxT
Tekken 3
Capcom vs SNK 2 (I loved the london stage and the music and some sort of stage with a windmill in the back. Ahhh memories)
Street Fighter Alpha 3

Really, I'm only good at MK9 so the other games can just sort of be in any order for me lol

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
  1. MK9
  2. MKX
  3. SF3: 3rd Strike
  4. Soul Calibur V
  5. USF4
Honorable mentions: SFxT, Melty Blood AACC, UMK3, SSF2: Turbo, Soul Calibur III, Tekken 3, Tekken TT1, Tekken 5: DR

1) SFxT
2) MKX
3) Soul Calibur 2
4) Injustice
5) Guilty Gear Xrd

Really, if it weren't for the netkode I could confidently say MKX is the best Fighter I've ever played.

And yes, SFxT is my favorite Fighter of all time. Fight me.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
your favorite fighter is smash? :confused: huh i never took you for a smash player, oh well
I love all the Smash games, but in particular Melee is godlike. You have so much control of the movement of your characters. And it's the most in-depth and advanced fighter ever made.

I feel like Melee is the closest thing to a game allowing the player to show their exact personality and self in match.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
In order-

1) Tekken 5 DR (significantly #1)

2) King of Fighters 2002

3) Street Fighter Alpha 3
4) Soul Calibur 2

5) Capcom vs SNK 2

1)MKX
2)MK2
3) Killer Instinct - original arcade. as a kid, changed my life.
4)USF4
5)Bloody Roar - game was awesome when i was younger.

for what its worth i live in the midwest and dont have many people to play against so this list is mostly based on childhood AI experience haha.