What's new

Tom Brady is gonna win CEO if he sticks with Sub-Zero

dubson

Noob
because Reptile can't beat him. I've tested the fuck out of it and they can chalk it up.

It is officially top 3 right now.

Lets see if I'm wrong.

dubson

Noob
I cant believe Arturo lost to Chris.

He realized Sub-Zero counters Reptile, but his Sub just wasnt good.

dubson

Noob
Arturo simply dropped all of his crucial combos and punishers and was just inexperienced.

Sub has no business losing to Reptile if played correctly.

Chris G's Reptile is just that fucking good.

dubson

Noob
Tim Static said:
Well how did that turn out? :p
Im pretty salty about it, but Art simply was inexperienced with Sub and Tom should have stuck with him... Had he stuck with him he could have won, so who knows what could have happened now. I said in the title he had to stick with Sub-Zero.

But... on another note. I was right about the Mavericks closing on the Heat tonight, and right about them taking it all this year.

I guess going 2/2 on today's bets was pushing today's luck too far... =/

Was there in person, happy to see someone other than Tom Brady win. Like Arturo said, people need to surpass him in this game and show you don't have to be involved in making a game to be good at it.

On another note, this "find something that is somewhat exploitable and patch it 2 days later" shit hurts the game more than it helps. I really do respect Tom for the information he provides for the community and the videos and whatnot, but his and Netherrealm's inability to allow the game to evolve naturally is sort of frustrating. Game-breaking glitches and retarded infinites should be rectified of course, but damage nerfs and complete removal of a lot of characters' tools? I disagree.

Let the game stew and let players have some time with it, THEN roll out a patch. The truly broken shit will become apparent after time has passed.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Davey_8000 said:
Was there in person, happy to see someone other than Tom Brady win. Like Arturo said, people need to surpass him in this game and show you don't have to be involved in making a game to be good at it.
I don't get why ppl are always harping on Bill with this he helped make the game shit. He did contribute alot and is a theory crafting genius among the best of them but he was really only involved very late in the game and didn't have alot of time with it. Many players had the same amount of exposure to it and others had more time with the game. Some of these are other players who are also participating in these tournaments, Bill is just the loudest of them and I guess his personality rubs some people the wrong way.

He may be awesome but I'm pretty sure at every competition he's complaining about a stick/pad that he's gotta use. He definitely has a pretty sour attitude in this video. A player in the tourney should not be commentating.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
To me he looks pissed off all the time. lol

Personally, I'm surprised he's not a member here. (if he isn't lurking already)

edit: So he is apparently a member, joined 10-8-09 and no posts. No fun.

X820

Noob
I'm no offline tourney player, but I would think you'd have some sort of backup controller when you play at his level, especially something as small as a pad.
He did seem a bit salty through out the whole thing, poking randomly.. Doesn't seem like good sportmanship to me.
I think that players are perfectly capable of commenting, as long as they keep personal crap of the stream.
I always enjoyed Phil and Tim commenting on the UMK3 streams.

dubson

Noob
dubson said:
Sub has no business losing to Reptile if played correctly.
dubson said:
Chris G's Reptile is just that fucking good.
The first couple matches came down to the wire and were so close, could have gone either way. They were bangin really good and he was keeping him locked down really nice in the corner, it almost just seemed too exhausting in how he had to play against him but that is just how the match-up is. Against Arturo or any other Reptile he would have done fine as the match-up is no doubt in Sub's favor, Chris's Reptile is just that good. Even Arturo said on the stream there is just no doubt he has the best Reptile.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
ZAQ said:
I think you pretty much nailed it there.
Also Arturo and LI Joe are from the same area and I kind of think some of it was in response to his claim of "20-0" after he lost and was commentating. I'm not saying it's right, but it probably helped. Nobody deserves to have a commentator being biased against them, especially while they are playing. Hopefully this past weekend was the last of it.

I think a lot of random people just talk shit because his name always comes up and he isn't a known Capcom player. If he wasn't a good player he wouldn't have had the opportunity at NRS to begin with.
First time I watched that just now and that was pretty terrible sportsmanship. Almost like hate mail IRL.

btbb99

Noob
Dreamcatcher said:
First time I watched that just now and that was pretty terrible sportsmanship. Almost like hate mail IRL.

yeah he was salty and it showed 100%.. but i will say this, tom brady is a competitor and obviously does not like to lose so i think he just lost control there, i don't know what he was talking about as far as the controller went but maybe he wasn't completely comfortable with whatever he was playing with and if this was the case it very well could have been the reason he lost.. it's easy to say oh he's just making excuses but maybe he wasn't..

X820

Noob
Tom Brady puts himself out there in a lot of good ways and he's not afraid to speak his mind about what he feels should be the direction for this game or what needs to be done, wich is great. Good for him.
In that same breath i'll mention that nothing justifies beeing a total dick, especially someone with his status and responsibility in a way. That guy has an ego as big as a house wich is a damn shame in any case but mostly since he is supposed to be this MK golden boy at the moment.
Sure, a lot of people rip on him for various reasons, partly because of his succes.
But you don't see people like Justin Wong for instance get ripped on like that and it has nothing to do with the type of game he plays. If Tom Brady would be a SSF4 player as of EVO, no one would say, oh it's okay now we'll put up with his crap.
I want to make clear that I do not know the guy or have some sort of grudge of any kind towards him, again I think he is attempting to do great things, but you just can't act that way (in general). People will eventually spit you out.

~As far as the controller goes, if your stick were to break I'm assuming you would be able to find someone that would let you use his, I can't imagine otherwise (unless I totally misunderstand how things work).
If you are a pad player like Tom brady and you would have a certain type that hardly anyone uses...
You already packed your stuff to travel right?
It's not like bringing an extra controller would sacrifice room in your suitcase, he wouldn't have to step outside his comfort zone during that match then.

dubson

Noob
You can absolutely swap out controllers between matches. With your own back up, alternate choice in tool or anyone there.