What's new

Tom Brady Asks, "Can we please hit the reset button?"

I'll agree.. I moved away from Counter-Strike to avoid what this community appears to be becoming. Counter-Strike community attitude is still 100x worse though..

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
There will never be a reset button. I dont think any amount of deletion or revision or rehabilitation will ever fix the amount of stupidity and ignorance on these forums. Just ignore the stupidity and listen to the people who know and care. Block them out, you know?
I agree to a point, but ignoring a problem isn't enough, it needs to be called out and addressed by everyone. Mods are forum leaders and have authority, and should use it. Regular people posting should also be on the look out, be respectful of each other but also call others out on bs.

Reactions: gdf

Temp

Salmon. Otters. The Bringer.
Most of the people who think they have an idea of what they're talking about now were the same morons that suggest the game would be "perfectly balanced" if Kung Lao got nerfed back then. OK, fast forward 6 months later. So much for that, geniuses.
It's true that it didn't make the game perfectly balanced, but would anyone argue nerfing Kung Lao wasn't a giant step in the right direction?

The nerf/buff debate is okay in of itself. People just need to be more civil and intelligent about it. About the trolling specifically, I agree with Tom Brady. That shit has to go.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
shit happens , when people bring on to forums, their personal problems from stressful daily routine and boring life .....

:D

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I was just about to ask, is it OK to complain about Smoke? Aside from me, not too many players are doing it now days.
It's only because we're tired. It never gets fixed, and people actually defend it. We're tired of being angry. Like near the end of Bush's term, where with every continued fuck up we could only sigh and say "Well, what do you expect?"

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
You're asking people NOT to troll on the internet?? Are you serious? JUST IGNORE IT. Fucking people.
lol, you have a point here : internet, overall, is an ego war environment, where keyboard warriors , normally, show off as ultimate badasses, where in fact 99% of them are just bullshit normal person with frustrated lives .....

Real life is way tough and the real deal, hehe :D

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
Im going to stop trolling TODAY!

(scrub quote me cuz thats unrealistic)
Trolls r like farts, some are funny and some make you leave the room. they wont leave cuz they are important

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I agree to a point, but ignoring a problem isn't enough, it needs to be called out and addressed by everyone. Mods are forum leaders and have authority, and should use it. Regular people posting should also be on the look out, be respectful of each other but also call others out on bs.
I was speaking from a personal and peer point of view. The average TYM user should just ignore and move on.

Who knows what might change in the future? Right now, Kabal is basically Sagat in Vanilla SF4 (not Super Turbo Akuma, as some people apparently think), except with only good matchups according to the community consensus, and apparently no even ones. Yet even that could change.

But the one thing the two have in common is that they're both beatable. I remember back during the early days of Vanilla SSF4 where Rufus was considered top, and Lamerboi as Guile performed amazingly well against J-Wong. It was a spectacular match. Such a spectacle is still more than possible with MK. I have faith in all of you.

Temp

Who knows what might change in the future? Right now, Kabal is basically Sagat in Vanilla SF4 (not Super Turbo Akuma, as some people apparently think), except with only good matchups according to the community consensus, and apparently no even ones. Yet even that could change.
Another significant difference is that Kabal has a higher rate of tournament success. Despite the complaints, Sagat didn't fare as well competitively during Vanilla's prime. The biggest difference (IMO) is that Sagat is problematic because of damage and stamina; Kabal is problematic because he has too many good options.

I agree with much of your post, and I'm glad to see more SF love here. I think this game is full of Vanilla Sagats, and I like that. I just feel they went too far with Kabal, and I don't think they went far enough with other characters.

randyth

Noob
I applaud TomBrady for this post.

Myself, I believe this Kabals-complaining just a phase.
Sooner or later some new dominant tech will be uncovered that will become the new popular 'complain'-material.
My guess is something with Skarlet or Freddy.

The best part about all of this are the players who have the nerve to complain about Kabal when they're maining characters like Kenshi, Kung Lao, Sonya, Freddy, etc. They are so damn hilarious, I don't understand how people take players like that serious. It's like a Human Smoke player complaining about Kabal in UMK:3. Shut the fuck up. Oh, you must have life so bad, I bet Kano and Sheeva are jealous. Please, get over yourself. You want a balanced game? Go fucking play Virtua Fighter 5 or something. I can't stand emo people and cry babies. Thank god this game has babalities. It definitely was designed for people like them.

"Waaahhhh. Kabal is so good!"
"Waahhh. I'm gonna main Kabal and get him nerfed!"
"Waaaah. Sonya struggles against Kabal!"
"Waaah. I'm a self-proclaimed competitive fighter but can't stand it when things get too competitive. Waaaah".

Most of the people who think they have an idea of what they're talking about now were the same morons that suggest the game would be "perfectly balanced" if Kung Lao got nerfed back then. OK, fast forward 6 months later. So much for that, geniuses. Remember when everyone wanted Mileena nerfed, too? What about when Jax was deemed S tier by some for about 7 months? Do I really need to go on?

Oh, and another thing... The "top tiers' in this game are a fucking joke compared to every other MK game out there. I can't believe some of the very same people who came from playing games like; MK:2, UMK:3, MK: D, MK:A, MK: DC, etc. have the humanity to complain about any top tier in this game. You cannot be fucking serious. I don't care if you main Kabal. I don't care if the game ends up being only Kabal vs Kabal (or another character) at the highest level. Just don't fucking cry and be emo about it. Damn.

So true. I dont know how people look back at a game like MK: D and think of how fun it is to play. BRC and Dairou were by far way worse then anything in MK9. The same goes for the top tiers in MK:A and for Flash and GL in MKDC. OMG.. you cant even fight Flash or GL, you cant even TOUCH GL when he has meter. There is nothing even close to this in MK9.

Lets play and enjoy a step in the right direction. Play Kabal, play Sheeva, play who you like.. just play. We all know what characters are top and what they can do, no need to cry about the same BS every day in new threads.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
In all honesty this should be front paged. If the trolling and crying doesn't stop soon I will stop using this site. It is sad how stupid/lame people sound on this site. Unbelievable

Temp

Well, let's not make the issue a relativity game. Just because Kabal is not as bad the most broken characters in UMK3 and MKD, doesn't mean his power level is acceptable. Dahmer doesn't get acquitted just because he's not as bad as Hitler.