What's new

"Toasty Boost" List is Complete - Grab Your Boost Today!

Defenestrator

I do windows
Amazing discovery!
MK secrets are the best!

But how the hell were all these inputs found?
By gamecode hacking or gamedata browsing?
It seems impossible someone would try random inputs at random toastys and actually get lucky.....for all characters?

If somehow you got the pre-knowledge that the codes consist of three dpad-inputs and ending with a kick/punch-button...that would still leave 256 possibilities to try.....per character!
You can read this thread http://testyourmight.com/threads/i-might-have-a-way-to-figure-out-cyrax-toasty-boost.24352/ about all the effort it took by everyone.

randyth

Noob

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Thanks are also in order for colt and hecterrific. How long has it been since a secret in a video game stayed secret this long? I love the internet but it often makes finding hidden things solved too fast. It was fun to have something new to search for again.

Dan Forden should pop out in Injustice and say "DeeCee!"

Justice

Noob
The reason why 16 Bit's Toasty Boost is so important isn't because of how much meter he got from it, but that he prevented PL from capitalizing on it. Imagine how much damage PL could have done with 3 free bars of meter...

The fact Kratos was given a fuck about pleases me. Though it is unfortunate that Kratos is most likely to acquire a Toasty Boost when he is the reciever of the uppercut. Maybe I should try finding some good uses for his +6-on-block-uppercut? Thank you very much to whoever cared about Kratos enough to confirm his Boosty input!

You cut that out

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
why is it organized alphabetically with quan chi just randomly stuffed in the middle?

Illmatix

Remember, representing ermac is illmatic.
ok so never really tried a toasty boost before,
can you hold block while you enter it?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
very nice job from all the guys who discovered it!
I would like to know the highest combo possible with Cyrax and Smoke? and corner with Noob? should be some awesome numbers.
123% with Cyrax at midscreen..

Smoke unfortunately wouldnt have a big toasty boost combo (or should i say a bigger combo?) because you woulnt be able to use any bars of meter before activating the toasty mid combo.. His max damage with 3 bars on the wall is 171% toasty or no toasty..

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta

Smoke unfortunately wouldnt have a big toasty boost combo (or should i say a bigger combo?) because you woulnt be able to use any bars of meter before activating the toasty mid combo.. His max damage with 3 bars on the wall is 171% toasty or no toasty..
and after the last reset u cant put an xray in?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
no, because you cant do an uppercut to trigger the toasty boost after a reset, only before a reset. you can get an uppercut after a reset, but you wont be able to combo into another reset or xray after the uppercut and you need the uppercut to trigger the toasty..

JAP

Combo maker

matterovermind

mindundermatter
I was able to land Kabal's toasty boost in game against my brother yesterday ... don't ask why I know it. Anyway, didn't make a difference, still got whooped by his jade. True story.

We must of worked 3 to 4 hours last night trying to find a d2 setup for smoke after his reset. Was very fun :)

You know we aren't done yet :p

Anyways, real quick while im here since i have to head back to Queens in a few minutes, just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for the love and support. Obviously this is a very special time in the community, and Mortal Kombat 9 is being represented in the fashion as it was meant to be.

I had planned to do this back when TYM was down for that very long period of time. 1man3letters can vouch for me on that. I became inspired to do this because of all the drama and silly shit i saw on the forums.

The Toasty Boost Project was meant to bring the community together, to bring the game together, to evolve our state of minds, to represent what this community was built upon: Us sticking together and not at each others throats.

I searched for Toasty Boosts for 2 months after Death is Certain was released, and couldn't find a single thing. I couldn't even get Dan Forden to pop up. I said "this is ridiculous" and forgot about it for a while.

Then one day i decided to try for the last time. What are the odds that i would end up landing it? Based on the circumstance near the wall, and how it happened, it was almost meant to be. Fate it seems. Like always. Like everything else i've found or done. How could i know it was there?

Because my heart told me so.

And at the end of the day, it was our hearts that persevered, with everyone adding something unique to the commitment.

It's become clear that i can no longer do this on my own. Without the help from the entire community, whether through thoughts, prayers, posts, or toasts, everyone contributed something.

This community means more to me than anything. It is like a second family. I truly hope this project stands forever as legendary, and you don't ever forget it.

Thanks again to everyone for all their hard work, now if you'd excuse me, i have to take a ride to Tony T's place.

Peace, Love and Respect.

-Check

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
I had planned to do this back when TYM was down for that very long period of time. 1man3letters can vouch for me on that. I became inspired to do this because of all the drama and silly shit i saw on the forums.
lol yea i signed up to twitter when TYM was down to find out what story was and randomly messaged check asking did he know baraka toasty boost,then he had the idea of making it a kommunity project to find out about the boosts.
to be honest i thought it would take longer to find them all but as i said in the other thread, pat yourselfs on the back mk kommunity, we've done good :D

InFlames

dead

What about the Missile Setup?