What's new

Tired of sub standard players backing out of a game?

Theres nothing worse (other than losing of course) than raping a player so badly that they back out after the first game, leaving you sitting in a lobby twiddling your thumbs (or something else) waiting for a new opponent for half an hour, maybe more if your patient enough, to join, only for that opponent to back out as-well due to your over sensational skills. Now i don't have over sensational skills like most of you, but i did force 7 players in a row to quit my lobby. So i decided to play dumb, deliberately making mistakes allowing them to win maybe 1 round every 2 games, in order to give them a glimmer of hope that i can be beaten, so they hang around and try again and again, and again, and.....ok u get it. So if your like me and don't have many on-line mk2 players on your friends list, i recommend this approach, otherwise enjoy the awkward silence of a blank TV screen ;)

Joey

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I used to do this a lot when I was younger. When I knew that nobody in my immediate circle of friends was better than me in a particular game, most of them would refuse to play me anymore. I decided to start letting them beat me from time to time just to give them hope and make it fun for them. After all, what fun is there in getting your ass whooped on a consistent basis?

Nowadays, though, I don't do that. Unless I'm playing against somebody in my family, I go all out and expect the same from everybody I play in return.

Sadly in Mk2 (or any Mk series really) the better you get at the game, the less most players want to know ya, luckily for me i was the other way around, i just had to get as much advice as possible from brilliant players, what i was doing wrong, how predictable am i, whats noobing etc, and a year later i know enough to just about stand a chance against a great player, but it came at a small cost, that most players just keep backing out, which is why i came up with that conclusion. Hopefully now that I'm on this (2nd day yay) i will meet players my level (average) or better and work my way up, but till then.....

Bo_DK

Noob
Ok this i really funny. I did that too when i faced scrubs just to have a chance to play the game. But i always thought i was the only one doing it but now i see it was a global thing for the "good" players to do :laugh:

it goes both ways tho drummerist. If I completely annihilate someone in the first match and its blatantly obvious they're not up to par. Ill be the one to quit. Id rather take my chances in the lobby trying to find a good player then wasting my time with some terrible lobby scrub.

Just my opinion though

What I hate is when I run into an above average player that quits after one match bc they're so used to owning lobby scrubs. The type of guys that I could actually have good matches with, but they just cant handle not dominating.

Mike, i think i might be that very player u just described, im always trying to improve my playing, and just when i think i cant get any better, some great player comes in and owns me, but i dont quit straight away, i give myself at least 10 matchs to try win at least 1 of them, and if i dont win any, i quit n sulk to myself, but i suppose every huge defeat is a learning point to a better player

@ Joey, i wouldn't blame you for quitting after 10 straight losses. That's how I got better to begin with. I used to get 20 streaked by guys like fusion117, kensidj, david gem, and foozer all the time just to name a few. Its always a grind playing against great players, but that's the only way to improve. Imo, it's more fun to play people that effectively fight back versus the guys that dont seem to know that there's a block button.

Yeh thats true, but in saying that i have learned alot of flash moves from players like Hellbop, Apoc_Revolution6, Mr. Right and Kruest79, and the importance of the high kick n low kick n toetap from theoriginalrazor, any other scrub would have backed out of these lobbys against any of the above names, but i stayed and learned, so im now de-scrubed (i hope)

I admire the patience man, ive added more good players since the last post, so should i be welded to a scrub, i can now quit and invite a real player