What's new

Match-up Discussion Tips on Kit vs. Kenshi?

John (Vagrant) has been kicking my ass with Kenshi like it wasn't nuttin'. Seriously any tips on how to fight this character with Kitana would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
there are better ways too, just keep fighting the match up and trying diff things, im going to have a right up on it soon on MKU, i'm no where crazy enought to say it's a fuckin 5-5, if it was any number it's a god damn 7-3, but i look at match ups as advantage and disadvantage, and we kittys are at a huge disatvantage here, don't ever fool yourself on that., look for my write up soon, :)

Keep dash blocking until you get within JIP range. Do a JIP and hope he tried a shoulder slam instead of rising karma. If so you will get a free combo.

Next time, expect him to do the rising karma anti air. So don't jump in. Just try to get in and do 2 1 or something.

That pretty much sums up my strategy.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Keep dash blocking until you get within JIP range. Do a JIP and hope he tried a shoulder slam instead of rising karma. If so you will get a free combo.
At that range, Kenshi can activate rushdown or footsy mode, or just pause and walk backwards, and blast you back fullscreen if you jump. Spacing is extremely important to Kenshi's game. =P

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
At that range, Kenshi can activate rushdown or footsy mode, or just pause and walk backwards, and blast you back fullscreen if you jump. Spacing is extremely important to Kenshi's game. =P
LMAO. I actually laugh at Kitana players in this MU when I'm annoyed by her. But then again I laugh at Kenshi players not being able to do anything about Noob's Clones or Kabal's Ground Saws. I guess that is what makes character match ups fun, every character must have a counterpick or a weakness... Kabal however, tsk tsk. I can only laugh at ones who try to spam the entire match and lose... aside from that he loses to no one except CD Jr Jax master.

there are better ways too, just keep fighting the match up and trying diff things, im going to have a right up on it soon on MKU, i'm no where crazy enought to say it's a fuckin 5-5, if it was any number it's a god damn 7-3, but i look at match ups as advantage and disadvantage, and we kittys are at a huge disatvantage here, don't ever fool yourself on that., look for my write up soon, :)
4-6 kitana loses

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
LMAO. I actually laugh at Kitana players in this MU when I'm annoyed by her. But then again I laugh at Kenshi players not being able to do anything about Noob's Clones or Kabal's Ground Saws. I guess that is what makes character match ups fun, every character must have a counterpick or a weakness... Kabal however, tsk tsk. I can only laugh at ones who try to spam the entire match and lose... aside from that he loses to no one except CD Jr Jax master.
Noob Saibot is free to Kenshi though. Well, maybe not in bad lag. -.-

And I love how the Kabal-Kenshi MU is completely stage dependent. If Kenshi sends Kabal down to Hell, it becomes 6-4 in Kenshi's favor imo. In the Rooftop stage, it's like fucking 3-7 for Kenshi.