What's new

Time to Rewind the MKX Story Trailer w/ IGN's Rewind Theater

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
First of all, in case any of you are late to the party NetherRealm Studios released a new trailer yesterday morning dealing with the story in Mortal Kombat X. If you haven't seen the trailer yet, stop what you're doing and click here.

Continuing on - the folks over at IGN have uploaded their traditional "Rewind Theater" video breakdown that literally goes scene-by-scene to capture who all made an appearance in this trailer. Now, while the excitement is high as we're seeing new character reveals as well as what looks to be alternate costumes (Scorpion/Hanzo unmasked and bearded)... it has yet to be determined who all and what all is officially in-game and playable.

You do see Shinnok, you do see Sindel and you do see Rain... (and many more!)

Attachments

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Max's breakdown is much better because he actually did his homework for the most part.

This is still better than usual, pretty cringe-worthy though.

"Fighting against Mileena because she invaded his world".

IGN - the definite source for everything MK related

Who else wouldve known about raidens medallion that was introduced in MK9 and now plays a major role again? ...no, wait...

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
They did a terrible job.

Lets be real.

Its almost like the first MK game they played was MK9 (2011).

They need REAL MK fans who know the lore of the story IN FULL.

Smh.

The only good thing about this "rewind" trailer was the fact that they were able to splice things down and rewind them more precisely.

Still missed out on a LOT of stuff.

*sigh*

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@Pterodactyl lol I hear ya, you can totally weed out the real MK fans from the "posers" and sadly we will see a lot of them now with MK X getting hyped up and all. Max I consider a casual MK fan, he has some concept of MK but isn't as informed as we are.

IGN one is just laughable, the fact that they keep saying "pretty sure this is Mileena" shows they have no clue regarding the story lol or that Kitana died in the last game apparently...

And the Raiden/Shinnok part them saying "whos this blond guy?!" lol Did they like forget who Johnny Cage is or looks like? lol