What's new

Throw tech while blocking. Almost completely safe.

Sprint

Noob
Overheads are GGs.
You can block in any direction.
The only drawback to doing this is that you are immobile for a several frames due to the stance animation. Anything that hits you during it can be blocked or teched as normal.

Seapeople

This one's for you
I already didn't like that you can tech while blocking but this makes it even worse lol. Nice find.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
The only drawback to doing this is that you are immobile for a several frames due to the stance animation.
That's more than enough to set any rush-down character up for free pressure. Good luck dealing with frame traps with something that supposedly negates throws.

Are you able to be hit while stance switching like in MK?

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
The only drawback to doing this is that you are immobile for a several frames due to the stance animation.
1 question though, could you use The Stance Change button to tech normally without dancing? This way I can react-tech easier than hitting my RB/R1 or having to put my thumb across 1+3

Sprint

Noob
That's more than enough to set any rush-down character up for free pressure. Good luck dealing with frame traps with something that supposedly negates throws.

Are you able to be hit while stance switching like in MK?
You can block during the switch. That's the whole point. It lets you input a throw tech without opening yourself up to frametraps at all.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I hate that you don't need to tech for
Different sides. Makes grab useless as they can always be teched on reaction

RYX

BIG PUSHER
No you can't be hit. That's the whole point. It lets you input a throw tech without opening yourself up to frametraps at all.
Except blocking does open you up to frame traps. :confused:

I'd like you meet my good friend, Bane.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Really? Holy crap this is gonna be beautiful to watch.​
EDIT: Shared on Neogaf. I want this to spread. This will be hypnotic to watch people do. Stickying this.

Mostly I want this patched because I don't have room for throw/flip stance buttons in my config lol but still lame easily an obvious patch
You should not be able to tech OR block at all during stance switch.

Sprint

Noob
Except blocking does open you up to frame traps. :confused:

I'd like you meet my good friend, Bane.
You seem to misunderstand the meaning of frametrap. A frametrap is where you intentionally leave a gap for the opponent to press a button with the goal of hitting them right out of the startup of whatever move they try to do.

For example, if I do b3 > f2 with Raven. There is a small gap between the attacks. In this gap, if the opponent tries to do anything without some sort of invincibility or armor then they will get hit clean out of it. That is a frametrap.

Unblockable / command grab setups are not frametraps, they are more like a type of mixup. But yes this leaves you vulnerable to it.
Throw+Stance is basically a way to safely input a tech. If a character has an option that you cannot tech then there isn't much point in trying to tech against them in the first place.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
You seem to misunderstand the meaning of frametrap. A frametrap is where you intentionally leave a gap for the opponent to press a button with the goal of hitting them right out of the startup of whatever move they try to do.

For example, if I do b3 > f2 with Raven. There is a small gap between the attacks. In this gap, if the opponent tries to do anything without some sort of invincibility or armor then they will get hit clean out of it. That is a frametrap.

Unblockable / command grab setups are not frametraps, they are more like a type of mixup. But yes this leaves you vulnerable to it.
Throw+Stance is basically a way to safely input a tech. If a character has an option that you cannot tech then there isn't much point in trying to tech against them in the first place.
No. Bane has a low that's +12 on block and strings that give you very small windows to counter before he hits you with the follow up. You tell me he doesn't have frame traps, lol

Sprint

Noob
Ah, we seem to be misunderstanding each others phrasing.
Yes making someone block Bane's b1 sets up a frametrap, but it doesn't mean they will get hit by it.

Normal example:
- You do Bane's b1 and I block it.
- I expect a normal throw and input the tech.
- You press b23.
- My tech input causes my throw animation to come out and the b23 hits me out of it into a huge combo. Whoops.

With stance flipping:
- You do Bane's b1 and I block it.
- I expect a normal throw and hit down+Throw+Stance.
- You press b23.
- It gets blocked.

See what I'm getting at?
A misread throw tech should normally cause someone to eat a frametrap.
Buffering the throw tech into a stance change removes that risk.

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
So um, everyone should be talking about this and the cyborg block stun infiinte. Those are the only game breaking things currently, not the the scrub's bleeding crying vaginas over meatstroke.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
My response after testing this for awhile. So safe. So hypnotic to watch. I imagine this video is how crowds will react on stream lol.