What's new

Thread for informed speculation of MKX roster

darkmoonlight_va

Kitana Assassin Main
Wasn't milena bred or something like in lab? I am not big on the story (I recently started to play mortal kombat), but maybe Kitana and Milena will have their movesets merged into a new character. Or maybe Kitana will make an appearance not in the story, but as a character anyway in versus mode etc;. Either way, I want me some fan lifts :3

Art

Grave_Intent
Keep in mind that older MK characters will also probably be in story-mode as cameos making "appearances" but not playable.
Personally I'd like to see more new characters than old ones to keep the game fresh.

Kitana will most probably be in MKX because of popularity. People who say she's dead so she will not be in are just thinking of it the wrong way. You think characters like Sheeva have more chance of being playable than Kitana because they didn't die in MK9 story? MKX will be a fighting game, not a movie. The story is to make the game more fun.

Good chance Kitana will be DLC though because she will sell good.

RelentlessOhio

Divekick x 1000
This whole 25 years later thing is making me wonder. I don't know if they are going to just skip 25 years straight from the end of MK9, or if it's a whole new story arc. That'd basically make Liu Kang an old man. And considering Cassie Cage is around, that'd mean Sonya would have had to have her before she died. I don't know hah, mind fuck.

This whole 25 years later thing is making me wonder. I don't know if they are going to just skip 25 years straight from the end of MK9, or if it's a whole new story arc. That'd basically make Liu Kang an old man. And considering Cassie Cage is around, that'd mean Sonya would have had to have her before she died. I don't know hah, mind fuck.
The story will not start 25 years later, it will end 25 year later.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
1. MKX begins right after MK( and continues 25 years, 5 years at a time from the sounds of it.
2. Liu Kang is dead
3. Sonya isn't dead and she could've gotten pregnant after the shinnok invasion.

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
Perphaps we should try to speculate in "8 chars from MK9" "8 chars from MK4-MKDA-MKD-MKA" format mentioned in other thread? Together with some hints from Boon, knowledge of fan favourites, and a look at whose specials were given to new characters already, we could guess kind of more precisely.

And I assume Shinnok would occupy no character slot due to being an unplayable boss. Although in MK4 their hard work paid off as they invented a "nice" way of keeping him from being overpowered, which resulted in "yay, a playable boss" :DOGE

shig

kool guy
I'd move Noob down a notch because Scorpion's Inferno variant and Ferra/Torr would make him feel a little redundant in that game.

Mst

Noob
Wasn't milena bred or something like in lab? I am not big on the story (I recently started to play mortal kombat), but maybe Kitana and Milena will have their movesets merged into a new character. Or maybe Kitana will make an appearance not in the story, but as a character anyway in versus mode etc;. Either way, I want me some fan lifts :3
I dont think that any playable Character will be in the Game but not in Story mode except DLC Chars added later on, i think its more likely that some Chars appear in Story mode but not in VS like Sonya or Cage.

But if Kitana gets into the game but not into Story mode im still totally fine with it. ;)

At the end Ed decides if he wakes up tomorrow and wants all the Chars which died in MK9 in MKX it will most likely happen.

Ed mentioned a bunch of times that "at some point we will be 25 years ahead of the start" so they will most likely skip some years inbetween. 25 years ahead will most likely be when Cassie is around 20 yo and makes her appearance in the story.

Last edited:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I'd put the rest listed like this:

Mileena - 4
Baraka - 3
Kenshi - 3
Reptile - 4
Sheeva - 2
Skarlet - 3
Rain - 3

Freddy/Kratos - 0
Absolutely right, my friend.

Mileena will have to serve some purpose, as she is the last alive of the Outworld royalty, so she'd technically be the Empress, and that seems like a very important story-related position.

Definitely Not Dead Characters from MK9
Scorpion
Sub Zero
Raiden
Johnny Cage
Sonya Blade
Ermac
Mileena
Quan Chi
Reptile
Sheeva
Baraka
Shinnok *
Skarlet **
Kenshi **
Rain **

* does he count as returning since he only makes a cameo in storymode?
** do DLC characters count as returning characters?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet is 4 on my list, no way NRS is going to ditch her, after introducing in MK9

Kitana will be DLC

I think there is a change of at least one dead character be changed into a new character too.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
As long as the following happen, I won't care :)

-Ermac comes back

-Fujin returns again

-Resurrect anyone they wish EXCEPT Kung Lao and Kabal...if they do return, they better be fucking mid or low tier. I want some damn diversity this time and not just seeing these two in every where online, offline and everywhere in between like we did in MK9.

-Yeah that's all REALLY can stress about.

I'm a big fan of Sheeva but I doubt she'll be back :(
lol maybe they'll put in a new Shokan, would be cool if there was a new maybe older Shokan with a beard or something.

Last edited: