What's new

This game's high level metagame will advance the quickest

Obanye

Obanye - Bay Area - PSN
I theorize that the high level evolution of this game will take place at a higher rate than any game previously released.

1. Access of information

The new age of streams and advance tutorials and social media means that spreading of information on what works best will happen at a much quicker rate

2. Fundamentals of he game

This game is one on one matches and doesn't have to deal with the added complexities of team mechanics.

3. Familiarity of the system

There is nothing in the game that hasn't used previously in fighting games and the system itself is very similar to MK9

4. Great fucking training mode

To be honest I think the number contributor to how quickly this game will develop is the amazing training mode this game has been blessed with. Giving frame data in training mode is HUGE. It allows people to quickly and easily find out optimal punishes, best strings best combos ect.

Outside of some major bug being discovers late into the game cycle(always a possibility) I feel like the really good tech will be discovered and spread quicker that any game previously .

Any opinions on this?

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
My opinion is, No.

To be clear, I want it to, I want the metagame to advance, but more people are complaining about Batgirl and Scorpion, then spending time in Training mode, trying to learn the game at this point. Hopefully I'm wrong, and hopefully all this complaining dies down, but in the short term I see us loosing ground and going backwards.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
My opinion is, No.

To be clear, I want it to, I want the metagame to advance, but more people are complaining about Batgirl and Scorpion, then spending time in Training mode, trying to learn the game at this point. Hopefully I'm wrong, and hopefully all this complaining dies down, but in the short term I see use loosing ground and going backwards.
That is just on these forums

you'd be surprised how much info you miss by not actually going to said character forums.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
no. This game is so spam happy that you get hit with random shit into a combo.
Also the buffer system sucks.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
no. This game is so spam happy that you get hit with random shit into a combo.
Also the buffer system sucks.
Simple steps to dealing with spamming:

Figure out way to punish said spamming.
Punish Spamming.
????
Profit.

I'm in agreement though. The meta for this game is evolving faast.

Onilordasmodeus

Its true I'm terrible at this game, but I don't need to be good to give my opinion.
But in this case your opinion is invalid because you are "terrible at this game", and seemingly don't want to get better. When you've put in work and actually tried, then maybe you would have earn some credibilty; until then though...

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Perhaps Onilordasmodeus can create a thread showing strict guidelines, such as hours in Training Mode or W/L ratio, that allows someone to have a valid opinion. That thread could be pinned to the top of the page, and anyone offering an opinion on any subject must first provide dated photographic evidence in that thread showing that they've met the guidelines necessary to have a valid opinion. If they don't, their accounts could be deleted, thereby saving Onilordasmodeus the time of having to personally respond to each "invalid" opinion on the board.

half of the frame data is incorrect though. and half the mechanics in this game are really weird and need a lot of time to evolve
like no anti airs and slow walk speed.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Its true I'm terrible at this game, but I don't need to be good to give my opinion.
Being better helps you give a more realistic opinion though.

Things like the 'spam' you might get blown up by, might not work against a player who can see straight through it.

Certain matchups will be fleshed out alot quicker to their highest level I think.
WW & Batman will be played a shit tonne more than something like Hawkgirl v Bane or something.

That being said, the game may evolve quickly because its new, but will it keep evolving after 2 or 3 years? MK9 didn't really.

Onilordasmodeus

Perhaps Onilordasmodeus can create a thread showing strict guidelines, such as hours in Training Mode or W/L ratio, that allows someone to have a valid opinion. That thread could be pinned to the top of the page, and anyone offering an opinion on any subject must first provide dated photographic evidence in that thread showing that they've met the guidelines necessary to have a valid opinion. If they don't, their accounts could be deleted, thereby saving Onilordasmodeus the time of having to personally respond to each "invalid" opinion on the board.
Bullcrap. The dude straight up said "I'm terrible at the game" but then seemingly blames the game for him being terrible.

When I first started playing this game I had problems too, specifically with the way characters moved. Since they didn't move the way I thought they should, I too thought something was wrong with the game, but after playing and practicing, I adapted and learned that the way I was trying to play the game wasn't the way the game was meant to be played. I was trying to shoehorn a different playstyle into this one, and once I realized that I was the problem, I started having more fun.

Bottomline is that this game is different, with different systems, different nuances, and different requirements. As such it takes time to learn those differences and to adapt to them if you want to get better. Just because you don't get something, or can't adapt to it easily, doesn't mean it sucks...it just means that you suck at it. If you've put in work and still come up short, it's not the game's fault, it's your own.

"A man (or woman) can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody (or something) else." - John Burroughs

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Bullcrap. The dude straight up said "I'm terrible at the game" but then seemingly blames the game for him being terrible.

When I first started playing this game I had a problems too, specifically with the way characters moved. Since they didn't move the way I thought they should, I too thought something was wrong with the game, but after playing and practicing though, I adapted and learn that the way I was trying to play the game wasn't the way the game was meant to be played. I was trying to shoehorn a different playstyle into this one, and once I realized that, I was having more fun.

Bottomline is that this game is different, with different systems, different nuances, and different requirements. As such it takes time to learn them and to adapt to them if you want to get better. Just because you don't get something, or can't adapt to it easily, doesn't mean it sucks...it just means like you suck at it. If you've put in work and still come up short, it's not the game's fault, it's your own.

"A man (or woman) can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody (or something) else." - John Burroughs
You're a wise dude.

I like you. And Onaga.

My opinion: this game is so too young for this conversation, it's silly.

Hasn't even been a month yet, people.
If you're already ready to give up, that is not a good sign.

pogse

Ruthlesss Mayhem
Yes, It came at the right time and appealed to almost everyone.
and imo:
-player wins the game not the character (basic fundamentals required).
-(I agree!)best training mode ever.
-level ups your "yomi" unconsciously.
-variety of offensive options - due to IGAU speed.
-games pace is not slow - I'm pretty sure its not.
-mitigated some FG faults (probably might be wrong) - gave more options on wakeup e.g wakeup move.

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
I theorize that the high level evolution of this game will take place at a higher rate than any game previously released.

1. Access of information

The new age of streams and advance tutorials and social media means that spreading of information on what works best will happen at a much quicker rate

2. Fundamentals of he game

This game is one on one matches and doesn't have to deal with the added complexities of team mechanics.

3. Familiarity of the system

There is nothing in the game that hasn't used previously in fighting games and the system itself is very similar to MK9

4. Great fucking training mode

To be honest I think the number contributor to how quickly this game will develop is the amazing training mode this game has been blessed with. Giving frame data in training mode is HUGE. It allows people to quickly and easily find out optimal punishes, best strings best combos ect.

Outside of some major bug being discovers late into the game cycle(always a possibility) I feel like the really good tech will be discovered and spread quicker that any game previously .

Any opinions on this?

Thanks for posting and sharing your opinion but I respectfully disagree. In this day and age information is readily available but that doesn't mean that everyone will use it effectively. The reality is that you can't master Injustice or any other fighting game by playing casually. The average video game player spends 8 hours a week playing games. I bet many of the members of this forum can log 8 hours in a day and a half.

You also mentioned some points on the fundamentals of the game and the absence of complexities. In my opinion the game can be complex. In order to be successful you have to anticipate your opponent, look into frame data, learn special moves, combos, and implement strategy. You have to accomplish all of this in the heat of battle against another opponent or the CPU. The goal is to react and not have to think. All of these things are easier for fighting game veterans to grasp. The average video game player is around 32 years old and has been playing games for an average of 12 years. Many fighting game players have been playing fighting games for the majority of that time. We are already at an advantage over casual players.

You mentioned the familiarity of the system and the similarities to MK9. Any fighting game veteran will find similarities from Tekken, MK, Street Fighter, and Injustice. Just because you’re aware of the system doesn’t mean that you’ll be effective. The playing field is leveled once the other player has time to adapt to a game’s specific system.

I agree with you that the training mode is great. But I doubt that the majority of players use it effectively. The reality is that people are impatient. Many players likely wanted to dive into the game and have fun instead of spending the ample time need training.

In conclusion I just don’t see the high level evolution of this game taking place at a higher rate than any game previously released. The video game industry is a $10.5 billion dollar business. They are marketing to everyone. They respect communities like ours and the many tournaments out there. We add to the longevity of the game but the average video game players help the companies hit their sales numbers. It is all about units sold. When you think about the attrition of video games it is pathetic. Essentially 1 out of every 10 players complete the video game they purchase. The majority of players these days have short attention spans and limited time. They are not going to dedicate the time to become elite. New games are released monthly and basically devour the existing game further distracting the casual gamer. Most players that bought Injustice are going to play it until the next big game comes out.

I just don’t see a massive growth of competent players coming from the release of Injustice. I’d love to the see community grow but becoming a competent player is a lot like becoming healthier. It is a process and not an event.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
The only 3 games I've seen continue to evolve over a long period are MK2, UMK3, and ST. most other games are fleshed or relatively quicker in comparison. Even SFIV stopped evolving much by the time AE hit and the oki setups became more prominent.

What matters more is how long the game will last.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I agree with this, but the primary reason is really 5) That there are a bunch of eager MK9 players who levelled up on the previous game, and have brought their knowledge to Injustice. If you notice, almost every top MK9 player who competed ended up at the top of the heap in the first week of tournaments. This is exactly what I thought would happen, and when I play guys who have played the previous game I don't feel like they're starting from ground zero.

This goes not just for the tourney players, but also for video guys like Check and McFly, and everyone else.

So all that momentum has carried over, and it'll be interesting to see what that becomes in the days to follow.

The only 3 games I've seen continue to evolve over a long period are MK2, UMK3, and ST. most other games are fleshed or relatively quicker in comparison. Even SFIV stopped evolving much by the time AE hit and the oki setups became more prominent.

What matters more is how long the game will last.
I agree. With MK2 and UMK3 there was a community that kept the game alive and it meant that any new development was shared and experimented with by everyone. It also helps if there are a few top players who are at the driving seat of the community, a bit like Shock was with UMK3. I can tell you now that if it wasn't for him and the rest of the community, I would probably would have never have advanced as far as I did in UMK3.