What's new

This character needs buffs

Ether

Noob
It seems like the design philosophy behind CSZ is for him to have really, extraordinarily crappy specials and wakeup, but be a rushdown monster. That's fine. Keeping that in mind, I think he needs two things:

1. Better normals. Legit frame traps. Please. This character should be godlike once he gets in on you.
2. Bombs that actually freeze. If Cyrax lands a bomb, he gets a combo. CSZ should get the same benefit.

Why does KL have better everything than Cyber Subby?

Edit: Also fix airborne enemies breaking out of Ice Beam ridiculous early. You can't combo off of it ever. Wtf?

Theme

Noob
Fail. Your realize that Cyber Sub Zero is a beast? He needs no buffs. His normals are mostly safe. His strings are safe. He has high damaging combos that can easily link into Xray for more damage confirmation. Please... The only buff Cyber Sub Zero will need is a better win-pose...

McNasty

Moist.
play with what you got. this character has lots of potential find the cheap stuff and abuse it.

BookBurning

Voidwards
Because none of them have any heart. Take your losses, go by yourself and level your game up. I used to get destroyed utterly and only good things came from it.

And depending on who it is, sometimes I still do.

Ether

Noob
why does everyone want their character to be MKT noob tier?
I'm not claiming that this guy should be easy mode. But he should be better at what he's supposed to do; rush down. And there's no way you think Ice Beam vs airborne enemies is fine.

BookBurning

Voidwards
I'm not claiming that this guy should be easy mode. But he should be better at what he's supposed to do; rush down. And there's no way you think Ice Beam vs airborne enemies is fine.
His Rushdown is great and I don't understand what you mean with that Ice Beam comment. What the hell do you want, people to have no way to get him off of them?

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
You know you're gonna facepalm when you see a thread that ends in: "needs buffs"...this character is too damn good, learn how to use him and play with what he's got instead of focusing on what he doesn't have.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
If you are having trouble rushing down with CSZ, there must be something you're not doing right.

Ether

Noob
His Rushdown is great and I don't understand what you mean with that Ice Beam comment. What the hell do you want, people to have no way to get him off of them?
The freeze from ice beam against jumpers wears off almost instantly. You get minuscule reward, making it not really worth the meter. Better advantage on block, say on b+1, would make sense.

Kazoot

Noob
Wut? CSZ is one of the few characters who's perfectly fine where he is. I've noticed that nearly every character forum now has a thread asking for buffs, shit's weird. The only thing I'd like to be changed is a slightly faster start up on ice ball or less roll on his bombs, but those are little things and just nit picking.

Dude's got so many tools, it's crazy. He's got a parry, a combo extending projectile, dive kicks, bombs to uproot turtles, great mix ups, hella rushdown, need I go on? If you really want a high selling point of CSZ, just look at the :en parry. A special that deters rushers with a FULL COMBO? Sign me up!

Ether

Noob
It was needed I don't even use CSub but I know he has a low combo starter, the best parry, dive kick, and ex bombs cover the entire screen. He can easily become a nightmare if you let him set up his offense.
The parry is a pretty solid tool.

Dive kick is pretty good. It's basically his projectile. Some characters can shut it down, but overall I'd say its good.

332 and 34 mixups are cool, but pretty linear. Outside of landing stray 21(poor range) or landing random freezes, he has no way to set up his big damage combos.

Ex bomb would be godlike if it actually froze people.

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Look I'm a cyber sub user and he is fine. He has frame traps galore. Try 2,1 and then repeat or 1+2 or jump back dive kick. Crap his dive kick is safe against a lot of the cast. Do you have any idea how good that is? The only string you should really use is 2,1 or rarely 3,4/3,3,2. Why would his frames on back 1 matter? Second short of burning two bars to close the match why are you using ice beam anyway? (ex-bomb ice beam trap)He's all about landing 2,1 into 40% into corner pressure. I guess if you know it's going to hit you can do 3,3 ice beam but that nets you a ground freeze and if you're doing it for anti air you're better off doing air to air dive kick or x-ray or if you're trying to beat jump in pressure using ice parry.

You know what character I play that needs buffs? Stryker.

Playing CSZ feels like cheating after that.

Play KL or Reptile if you can't deal with a few bad match ups.

Edit: range on 2,1? It moves you forward. What more does it need? You have the fastest dash in the game and a dive kick why the he'll would range ever be an issue?

Ether

Noob
Look I'm a cyber sub user and he is fine. He has frame traps galore. Try 2,1 and then repeat or 1+2 or jump back dive kick. Crap his dive kick is safe against a lot of the cast. Do you have any idea how good that is? The only string you should really use is 2,1 or rarely 3,4/3,3,2. Why would his frames on back 1 matter? Second short of burning two bars to close the match why are you using ice beam anyway? (ex-bomb ice beam trap)He's all about landing 2,1 into 40% into corner pressure. I guess if you know it's going to hit you can do 3,3 ice beam but that nets you a ground freeze and if you're doing it for anti air you're better off doing air to air dive kick or x-ray or if you're trying to beat jump in pressure using ice parry.

You know what character I play that needs buffs? Stryker.

Playing CSZ feels like cheating after that.

Play KL or Reptile if you can't deal with a few bad match ups.

Edit: range on 2,1? It moves you forward. What more does it need? You have the fastest dash in the game and a dive kick why the he'll would range ever be an issue?
2,1 is not a frame trap on block. +frames on b+1 would be nice for two reasons: 1. So the move has an actual use. 2. So you have a way to really setup 2,1

Because tom brady sent them ^_^
Never would I complain about CSZ needing buffs, but if we are on the topic I'd like to mention that his ice ball should have a few frames shaved off of it. Bombs always freezing would be nice, but it would probably lead to some ridiculous traps and would eventually get nerfed back. His weak spot is definitely poking/footsies but it isn't anything stopping him from winning.

I would be disappointed if his slide didn't get the same buffs as Sub-Zero. Even if he doesn't get armor on EX, I think his regular slide should be high crush like Sub-Zero's will soon be.

On the subject of dive kicks, it's great to say that it is pretty safe against most of the cast, but in reality it is largely unsafe or ineffective against all of the TOP characters (i.e. Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile, Kano, Kabal, Cage, Nightwolf, etc.). This is mainly the reason I think ice ball should be a few frames faster, but nothing more is needed.

Ether

Noob
Never would I complain about CSZ needing buffs, but if we are on the topic I'd like to mention that his ice ball should have a few frames shaved off of it. Bombs always freezing would be nice, but it would probably lead to some ridiculous traps and would eventually get nerfed back. His weak spot is definitely poking/footsies but it isn't anything stopping him from winning.

I would be disappointed if his slide didn't get the same buffs as Sub-Zero. Even if he doesn't get armor on EX, I think his regular slide should be high crush like Sub-Zero's will soon be.

On the subject of dive kicks, it's great to say that it is pretty safe against most of the cast, but in reality it is largely unsafe or ineffective against all of the TOP characters (i.e. Kung Lao, Raiden, Reptile, Kano, Kabal, Cage, Nightwolf, etc.). This is mainly the reason I think ice ball should be a few frames faster, but nothing more is needed.
Yes. Dive kick gets blown up by the top characters in the game. That's bad, considering its only real zoning/counter zoning tool. Ice ball is too slow and not an answer. Don't even think about teleporting, its probably the worst in the game. You're left with dash blocking to get in. His dash is great, but its still a generic tool.