What's new

Thinking...

Kaiba

Noob
What would it take to have something like "Mortal Kombat World Championships"?

I'd expect to have to "rent out" a very large hotel with boardrooms for the machines. I really wouldn't care where the location was either. It would have to be in a major city though. The way I would run it would be to hold a entry fee that would include full stay at the hotel. And for the international players, like ded or Hanzo, the staff could work something out on bringing them for the tournament. On the plus there would have to be very large cash prizes because it'd be considered the best MK tourney out there. And you know we could have several "dream matchups" like ded vs lex. Tournaments would be Arcade- MK1, MK2, UMK3, MK4; Special built machines to allow different controllers- MKDA, MKD, & MKA. Best of 7 until quaterfinals then it'll be best of 11, finals best of 15. A 3-5 day event with some warmup time to get use to the machines.

Just a crazy thought :roll:

It would be cool, but as of now unlikely. The cash prize would have to be in the (at least) $1000 + catagory first of all. But over time, this idea may work out. Once people start making an effort to make UMK3 more noticebale, more and more people will be inticed to play and get good in it. IDK about the 3D mk's but the rest sounds good. I think it should be held like in Central to eastern U.S. About the same distance for every body in the U.S.

ded

Elder God
umk3 - people who should be involved are: shock, rzp, hanzo, crazy, shaney and dc (since crazy told me they are amazing players), chi and manuela

mk2 - although i dont play this game on high-level i dont mind to get owned from players like Scheisse ^_^

mk1 - i dont really see a challengers here, the only pro player i've met so far is Soultaker, and its unknown who will won this lol, its sad few people play this game

mk4 - although i consider myself to be pro player here i think hazno would beat me :/ (remember man you are better player at this, i'm better comboer haha)

NinjaGrinder

A living, Breathing Piece of Defecating Meat
lol

If I win I want my price in beer and steaks rofl
nah seriously, it woudl be just great to meet/play all these people I talk to from time to time

ded
shock
lex
crazy
hanzo
rzhoe
moe
thrower
anyway all the names everybody knows
I have to play in a "sf like" button layout to play decently
lots of beer would be fun hehe

ded would be my bitch (no, rzputa, I'm not sharing!)

Why would it have to be the best of the best players playing? Why not have as many people as you want, and see who wins? I bet there are some people that are good who aren't reconized, that could probably beat the best. Who knows? No one knows.