What's new

They've got to do something about stats in player matches.

Its no fun trying to learn a new character when you keep running into douches who want to play their level 20 characters with stats on.

The difference in the amount of damage you do is ridiculous.

Makes me not want to play the game.

They should make a search function that allows you to find other people who want to play competitive mode player matches.

Thingy

Retired account
Might as well take those lumps in ranked. But I feel your pain man. All we can do is hope NRS implements a matchmaking for default competitive mode or an option to invite people to a competitive match in Rooms.

I don't understand how this is a thing. I play Player Match exclusively and I have no issue here. Don't take matches from people with questionable stats and the chances are high they'll have no problem putting Comp mode on. I've ran into maybe like 4 people who refused to turn it on. Otherwise I've actually added like 20 friends because we ran long, awesome competitive sets.

Sasuga

Noob
I don't understand how this is a thing. I play Player Match exclusively and I have no issue here. Don't take matches from people with questionable stats and the chances are high they'll have no problem putting Comp mode on. I've ran into maybe like 4 people who refused to turn it on. Otherwise I've actually added like 20 friends because we ran long, awesome competitive sets.
Really? Only 4 people? I put in into Competitive mode by default and most of them refuse to turn their gear off. I play Player Matches almost exclusively too. Most of the times it's just the ones who don't have full lv20 gearsets who enable Comp mode.

I don't see the fun in beating someone who isn't lv20 yet with a full epic gear set. I really wish competitive mode was the default and they reserved the gear for other multiplayer modes. Or, I dunno, ditch the stats or make default, balanced gearsets focussing on different attributs or whatever. This is just weird.

And make the Epic gear at least look epic. Most epic gear looks the same as a common or rare piece but it has a handgrenade or something attached to it. That you can't use. XD

Anyone can add me for games, btw. I like running longer sets but for now I only play Harley Quinn.

Most people i play in player matches don't seem to have problems turning competitive mode on, the main problem with player matches is that it takes so much longer to get a game than ranked as 4/5 (sometimes more) people seem to decline the game.

I don't see it as a big deal. If you get a person who won't go competitive, play one match and move on to the next person. I get maybe 2-3 people a night that won't go competitive.

Edit: I used to feel the same way as the OP, but then I just accepted it and it's nothing now. Play one match and find next opponent. I look at the random gear matches as a break to just mess around.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Might as well take those lumps in ranked. But I feel your pain man. All we can do is hope NRS implements a matchmaking for default competitive mode or an option to invite people to a competitive match in Rooms.
Everyone in ranked sucks though until you get a good record. I'm still i defeated in ranked and I'm average.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Competitive mode should be on by default or at least have a separate player match que. Period.

So many things wrong with ranked when it comes to competitive play. Easily creates bad habits, and really doesn't leave much room for you to adapt or enjoy/play the meta games of a MU.

Competitive mode should be on by default or at least have a separate player match que. Period.

So many things wrong with ranked when it comes to competitive play. Easily creates bad habits, and really doesn't leave much room for you to adapt or enjoy/play the meta games of a MU.
There are definitely positives to ranked best of 1. When you play long sets, you're playing the person more than the character and that skews how you're playing. I'd say it's probably best to play both. Ive learned to find both very enjoyable for different purposes.

The gear/stats is nothing. Just play one and move on. It's two minutes.