What's new

General/Other - Cassie Cage They fixed Cassie's Hair!

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Why is everyone getting so but hurt about Cassie's face? I think she already looks better then her mom, given that she had Sonya and Johnny's DNA to work with, she came out pretty ok imo, she looks more like her dad to me tho.
From an animation standpoint, its because all the tech needed to create virtually flawless graphics is already here. There are programs that even do the work for you, all it asks for is the bare minimum of work ethic, for example UV mapping software, Google it and what its used for.

Cleaner does not mean spotless, and better does not mean the best. Its only a comparison, and if the former isn't even high quality to begin with, then it really carries little to no weight

SLy

Noob
Thank God the game is still in development. MK's problem with female faces is that the females faces just look to plain.. No eyeshadow or eyeliner( Whatever girls use to make their face pop), and their jaws are just to much on the masculine side. Elegant faces don't exist with them lol.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Definitely an improvement!

I really want to like Cassie Cage, but the one thing holding her back is her model. I hope they keep working her until she looks as fantastic as the rest of the cast. It's probably unfixable, but her stance in general looks very awkward. Fix her face/hair and fix her model/stance and I think she makes an excellent member of the already-great cast.

Realistically, people aren't going to have the exact image of a "perfect face".

Complaints like "her neck is still too long" ignore the fact that these variations are NORMAL. These expectations have come from unfortunate sources, time to put them away.

Her face looks fine. This is Mortal Kombat, not a beauty contest.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
there are subtle things that make a face look feminine that aren't present in male faces which is why you can usually tell a girl from a tranny with makeup. even if they are skilled with makeup and can make their face appear more feminine, you can usually still tell if it's a guy which is why they sometimes get facial feminization surgery. i'm not saying there aren't girls who have a jaw like that, but they should probably not make her look like patrick swayze with eye shadow. and sonya or JC didn't have a chin like that. yeah her stance also looks a little weird. like she's taking up a lot of space even though she doesn't have to. it's very similar to sonya's from mk9.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Saying we should design is a dumb fucking thing to say. They are programmers and engineers and artists for a reason, because we would like to think they have excelled at their craft of trade...
You can clearly see they're working and trying for us so give them some credit

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
yeah that's another good point. they're the devs/professionals, we're just people who can tell when a face doesn't look right. look at all the shit they got for their characters looking robotic and stiff and now the animation in mkx looks so much smoother. besides i'd really like them to make the faces really good because i'm tired of people saying the females have man faces, even if it is true.

i think you mean this one.

T33-Kahn

Waifu, Peacock, Cutie Patootie,...
Realistically, people aren't going to have the exact image of a "perfect face".

Complaints like "her neck is still too long" ignore the fact that these variations are NORMAL. These expectations have come from unfortunate sources, time to put them away.

Her face looks fine. This is Mortal Kombat, not a beauty contest.
It's not MK without BIG TITS!!!

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I really don't know what's so complicated about her lol why can't they just do her right ! def she's getting better but I honestly don't understand why is this so hard to make her look like a girl lol
Nice, the neck is shorter too.