What's new

There Will Be Another Injustice Game, Maybe Sooner Then We Think?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman_movies/news/?a=98717

DC showed the Blur Studios’ CG trailer for Arkham Knight, which earned a lot of cheers and applause. It was pretty loud, so you can’t blame someone for not hearing what came next, but it wasn’t an Arkham Knight delay.

While people were applauding and cheering, they specifically say that Batman: Arkham Knight would be released later this year. After that statement is what most people didn’t hear, and they said to prepare for the return of Injustice. The “not a 2014 title” statement applied to the new Injustice, not the Batman sequel. No other details about the new Injustice, such as who is developing it, was revealed but it is apparently on the way…just not this year.”
So we know NRS are working on a new MK, our friend Jack spilled the beans on that.

So is this just a reminder that Injustice is still a thing?
Or will we see a sequel sooner then we think?

I imagine we won't, but then again, WB seems to be impatient, and the thought of the new Arkham game taking 3 years freaked them out and they had another studio make Arkham Origins.
Do you think they could be going that route with Injustice and have some B team make a side game so they can rake in mad stacks?

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989

So we know NRS are working on a new MK, our friend Jack spilled the beans on that.

I imagine we won't, but then again, WB seems to be impatient, and the thought of the new Arkham game taking 3 years freaked them out and they had another studio make Arkham Origins.
Do you think they could be going that route with Injustice and have some B team make a side game so they can rake in mad stacks?
Boon confirmed on twitter some time last year that they were doing a Injustice 2, just not anytime soon. I'm after people get settled with MK10? But why release MK10 & Injustice 2 in the same year?

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I haver heard strong rumors that MK10 will be coming out early 2015...like march. So that's still like a year away from now...but ya.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What if...
Both games came out, but were compatible with each other and it was a "choose your side" with the games being balanced with the other in mind?
Like MK characters having their special assets like breakers and so on, but Injustice characters having their traits and clash (and in-general faster meter building)

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
What if...
Both games came out, but were compatible with each other and it was a "choose your side" with the games being balanced with the other in mind?
Like MK characters having their special assets like breakers and so on, but Injustice characters having their traits and clash (and in-general faster meter building)
I see where you are going with the isms, but we've already been there with MKvDC and it didn't turn out well.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I see where you are going with the isms, but we've already been there with MKvDC and it didn't turn out well.
MK vs DC was taking a set of characters and giving them all the same mechanical tools, even though it didn't belong on some of them. It was a balance mess and it could've been done much better by recent standards.

This is with the new ideas of balance in place, and each verse has its own special attributes to bring to the table. Also, I want to break Kabal in half over my knee.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
MK vs DC was taking a set of characters and giving them all the same mechanical tools, even though it didn't belong on some of them. It was a balance mess and it could've been done much better by recent standards.
I know I know, I said I understand where you are going - but the fact that they already made a game combining universes and it was a mess makes this highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure there is a quote from Boon saying they will keep DC separate from MK. Also, releasing 2 games at the same time would make no business sense. Why cannibalize your own products?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know I know, I said I understand where you are going - but the fact that they already made a game combining universes and it was a mess makes this highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure there is a quote from Boon saying they will keep DC separate from MK. Also, releasing 2 games at the same time would make no business sense. Why cannibalize your own products?
He said it, but we still got scorpion DLC.
Besides, it was a mess on something that could be redone beautifully. I didn't think they were even going to mention the DC universe and we got injustice, so I mean ya never do know...

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
The panel then played a second video game trailer for the new Batman game, “Batman: Arkham Knight,” the trailer featuring a voiceover with Thomas Wayne asking his son to look after Gotham over images of gameplay as Batman faces Two-Face and his gas-masked goons.

Cunningham said the game will come out later this year, before speaking about the “return of Injustice” to cheers and applause. Chadwick explained that after the events of “Injustice: Gods Among Us” year one, “There will be a lot more focus on the Green Lanterns because...it’s not cool one of these heroes is taking over and removing free will.”

Written again by Tom Taylor, with digital chapters on sale starting April 22, Chadwick added that Sinestro will be helping Superman, “And Hal Jordan is very torn to where his allegiance lies.” Chadwick also clarified that the book will be moving back to a weekly format with two print books collecting the weekly digital chapters.

Edit: Year 2 has been great so far.

http://www.hitfix.com/news/all-access-with-dc-comics-at-wondercon-2014

It's not hard to see this happening. Actually...what's WB game montreal working on right now with Rocksteady is developing the new Batman game?
I didn't think Arkham Origins was awful but it was at best little more than an expansion pack for Arkham City....and it fell prey to the pitfall of bugs popping up when a new developer takes over the reigns of an existing property and toolset. The idea of a studio with no fighting game experience taking over the next iteration in the series is more than a little scary to me to be perfectly honest. They could probably make the game look better content and storywise than NRS even could.....but based on Origins I'd wager none of whatever problems we currently have with the series would get fixed, and more than a few issues would develop on top of it.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
He said it, but we still got scorpion DLC.
Besides, it was a mess on something that could be redone beautifully. I didn't think they were even going to mention the DC universe and we got injustice, so I mean ya never do know...
Guest character DLC doesn't really count. All I'm saying is that what you are suggesting is highly (99.5%) unlikely to occur based on history. I don't think Boon wants to do that game and I don't think the fans want it either.

What if...
Martian vs Kabal :REO

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
This news might/probably be about the comic series.

Other sites have conflicting information.

Sounds like no one was taking any notes during this panel.
I'd think they're talking about the comics as well. I saw an article a while back that hinted that there was more to write.

I'd think they're talking about the comics as well. I saw an article a while back that hinted that there was more to write.
They said "developing" it. That's a pretty strong indication its a game.

And it would make sense to continue the comics alongside the game since they're mutually beneficial to each other.