What's new

The Truth Behind The Truth (Tom Brady's Thoughts on MK11 and Evo 2020)

All the 300 ppl that just heard me on stream clarify a lot on this and yet no one here to speak...... Typical. I guess ill have to make a new vid

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just for the record, I'm going to post the ECT 2019 numbers for all the EVO games, just so people can see how strong MK11 attendance has been vs. other games even post-evo.

ECT 2019 (October 19-20)

Mortal Kombat 11: 197 entrants
Street Fighter V: 170 entrants
Tekken 7: 137 entrants
Samurai Shodown: 118 entrants
DBFZ: 114 entrants
Soul Calibur 6: 70 entrants
UNIEL: 59 entrants
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: 3 entrants.

Imo anyone who can look at this and conclude that people just don't like playing MK11 in tournament over other games is completely delusional. Let's cut the bs.

Borics

Banned
The problem is that when people with a following say stuff like "No one was at ECT", that false information is then repeated by many others when it's not actually true. Misinformation like that can discourage people who don't know better from deciding to travel.

And if people in our community don't even know their own numbers, what can we expect people in the rest of the FGC to think?

You see this in a bunch of places with regard to MK11 attendance. Trying to convince people that no one is showing up, when the numbers are strong, is indeed tournament community suicide.
I couldn’t agree more, I also think this is funny that you can see these things but last week you thought I was being some kind of “Conspiracy Theorist.”

This is really my problem with this community and it’s the people that are supposed to be representing this community, they have no idea what they’re talking about, they’re completely out of touch, they’re balding and trying to hide it, they spread misinformation/disinformation, they’re selfish, they think they know what’s best for everyone and they constantly lie.

These NRS games will never last long because these aren’t ‘true’ MK games. They’re mediocre fighters that are made to be obsolete after a year and they’re made this way by design. Go and play MKvsDC and tell me how different it really feels physics-wise compared to MK11. It’s practically the same game restricted to 2.5D with a new skin and some Injustice-mechanics.

We don’t care about these dimensionally-confused games. We want real MK to come back and WE want to run the community and say what’s best. Stop letting these guys with patches of feathers all over their head tell everyone what’s best for the community. Look what happened to the ‘klassics community’, it’s basically full of middle-aged men trying to convince everyone to play their version. It’s literally in shambles and no ones saying anything about it.

No matter the game its always the same outcome. The community claims the current game sucks because most people have ridiculous adhd and refuse to hit the training mode and then turn around and claim the last game was better. Will this nonsense ever stop? Since mk9 people asked for a balanced game and now we have probably the most balanced fighting game ever and now its not good enough?

All mk11 needs is more combo routes, fixed block stun, hitboxes fixed and it would be borderline perfect. I dont understand why this community refuses to actually learn anything, its really sad.

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º
so now he has a new video claiming people cant critisize the game and get attacked on this forum and silenced as if they are not allowed to speak their mind while this forum is full of people actually shitting on the game freely without any kind of issues by someone restricting them.

where did someone here got silenced or is not allowed to voice his opinion? another of these i feel/believe situations.
@Tom Brady where exactly did anything of what you talk around the 5 minute mark happens here in the forum? please link me to some examples. just because someone correct your statement doesnt mean you are being attacked pal...thats not how it works.,
video i talk about

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
so now he has a new video claiming people cant critisize the game and get attacked on this forum and silenced as if they are not allowed to speak their mind while this forum is full of people actually shitting on the game freely without any kind of issues by someone restricting them.

where did someone here got silenced or is not allowed to voice his opinion? another of these i feel/believe situations.
@Tom Brady where exactly did anything of what you talk around the 5 minute mark happens here in the forum? please link me to some examples. just because someone correct your statement doesnt mean you are being attacked pal...thats not how it works.,
video i talk about
Tom's misinformation didn't start with that video anyway:

Dear Tom: since you're now subtweeting me and shouting out my name in videos: I corrected your facts, not your opinions. And if you can't handle being corrected on facts, you shouldn't toss incorrect ones out. "Least-played MK of all time" is not only factually incorrect, it's a damaging rumor. Period.

Last edited:

Slymind

Noob
I gave a quick look at PL and Tom twitter, and it seems that these guys completely lost it. It's like they are undermining the game to promote themselves at this point. PL was salty because he wasn't invited for the MK11 reveal event and took the chance to take a jab at the no EVO situation.

Sad to see what some people have become, old school players like Pig and even Reo are much more level headed.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Does anyone really believe MK11 isn't at EVO because of low players/viewers? Sorry im not buying that. There is something else going on behind the scenes and I am surprised neither camp (EVO or WB/NRS) has said anything about it.

More I play the game more I understand why it is not at evo.
Whatever the reason is, if it is politics, mafia, money....dude, in order to compete and have decent results you have to be sooo dependent on: Certain characters that break neutral; flawless blocking fucking random jumps, learn option selects too counter act random bullshit and use bullshit because without bullshit no way to win, be dependent on when and how the random who is receiving punish is gonna break the combo because you are going to be punished...you sir who is beating; and prey to some god to have the right guess on the 5 options of wake up that the opponent has. Too much bullshit....is not competitive enough to be there, for sure.

Last edited:

Altaire

Noob
All the 300 ppl that just heard me on stream clarify a lot on this and yet no one here to speak...... Typical. I guess ill have to make a new vid
Please wait at least 24 hours before deleting this next one. I didn't even get a chance to hear the video that was linked in the first post. I can only imagine the laughs I was deprived of.

More I play the game more I understand why it is not at evo.
Are you playing it with Mr. Wizard, who's telling you all the reasons he's never liked NRS games?

That's the only way I can see there being any kind of connection between the two.

Please wait at least 24 hours before deleting this next one. I didn't even get a chance to hear the video that was linked in the first post. I can only imagine the laughs I was deprived of.

Are you playing it with Mr. Wizard, who's telling you all the reasons he's never liked NRS games?

That's the only way I can see there being any kind of connection between the two.
Whatever reason it is,. too much bullshit in a game man. Its a 2020 game, not 90s.

Well, the thing is, there's never a need to grow or change or better yourself as a person, as long as you can find a good excuse not to do it.

It's all about efficiency, man.
Well man, you can improve yourself in many ways. You can be a better person, more kind to others. You can be good at math and improve it, you can play an instrument well, and you can be good at a game a improve your abilities.
But if you are trying to improve and random shit overlaps thinking....its a sign that you have to get the fuck out and improve in other game, or other areas of your life.

Your answer to me is like the basic corporate religious bullshit that I hear frequently, Facts matter man. Look at the game....see the facts.
Nothing personal, just saying.

If bullshit were the reason games didn't make it into EVO, there wouldn't be an EVO.
Right. Im not saying that the bullshit in MK11 is the reason why the game is out of evo.I dont know why. And MK is not the only game that have BS in it....ok.
But now in 2020 we dont have the perfect product, and in a tournament, competitiveness in a game and mechanics that make sense and priviledge skills over luck are rewarded. JUst look at Samsho and tekken....games that dont have the popularity that MK has, but are there.
For me MK11 does not deserve to be there, because of the huge amount of bullshit in it. This is a casual game.

Altaire

Noob
Well man, you can improve yourself in many ways. You can be a better person, more kind to others. You can be good at math and improve it, you can play an instrument well, and you can be good at a game a improve your abilities.
But if you are trying to improve and random shit overlaps thinking....its a sign that you have to get the fuck out and improve in other game, or other areas of your life.

Thus answer to me is like the basic corporate religious bullshit that I hear frequently, Facts matter man. Look at the game....see the facts.
I've been a musician for 13 years. Mostly guitar, vocals, some piano, a little bass. I'd like to think I know a little about putting time into playing in an instrument.

I'd love to hear what "facts" you're referring to, since you're clearly convinced that you have an entirely factual basis for the game being bad. Somehow.

I also have no idea how what I said is an inherently "corporate" concept, but let's try to focus on one nonsensical observation at a time lol.

I've been a musician for 13 years. Mostly guitar, vocals, some piano, a little bass. I'd like to think I know a little about putting time into playing in an instrument.

I'd love to hear what "facts" you're referring to, since you're clearly convinced that you have an entirely factual basis for the game being bad. Somehow.

I also have no idea how what I said is an inherently "corporate" concept, but let's try to focus on one nonsensical observation at a time lol.
That is nice man. Im a guitar player. I have some videos on youtube....shitty audio quality, but it is there. "andreascarnero" is my channel.

So, lets just give some background here: Im 30 and I play fighting games since 6. I played sf4 competitively here in Brazil for a long time. I never won anything, but I learned frame data, spacing, footsies, anti airs....meta...risk and reward. I consider myself a good player. Mot a pro by any means, but good.
MK is my favorite franchise of all time, and MK11 is delicious. I really like the graphics, story, fatals and brutals....dude the game is sick. But....when I say that the game has problems, is in its competitiveness.
Im old enough and experienced to see some things, and when I say it it is because I care.
Im not gonna list here the flaws of the game, but I can send you a link of a podcast from REOs channel where 4 among 5 retired pro players agreed that the game is a randomfest. All Paul B says there I agree 100%.

About what I said...the corporate thing. The "get gud" argument"...."be better"....sometimes ins some context sounds far fetched and not true at all. It seems that just the person who says that wants to believe in it. If it is not your case, sorry. I did not mean to judge you wrong.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Im not gonna list here the flaws of the game, but I can send you a link of a podcast from REOs channel where 4 among 5 retired pro players agreed that the game is a randomfest. All Paul B says there I agree 100%.
If the game is a randomfest, why does it have the most consistent tournament placings of any game we've ever had?

It can't both be random and extremely consistent :coffee:

If the game is a randomfest, why does it have the most consistent tournament placings of any game we've ever had?

It can't both be random and extremely consistent :coffee:
This is addressed in the podcast. May you answer me why Marvel vs Capcom 2 had very consistent players back then, even though the game is well known as a complete broken shit competitively?