What's new

The Story Mode *Spoilers*

MoldMan

Noob
Should NR made everyone one playable in the story mode?
Players like KF, Ares, Black Adam, Catwoman, Sinestro , Shazam werent not playable in the story mode

I guess they couldn't have, you would sacrifice pacing. You would also have to come up with a massive storyline and the game looked pushed to the limits of what it could stuff into the game already. i did find it annoying people like Killer Frost and Bane (i knew he was going to be just a big grunt bodyguard >< so annoying) got the Baraka treatment and were just there to get beaten up and didn't add anything substantial to the story. Shazam i think should have been playable since you saw him slowly turn against superman, but they use him to make flash suddenly swap the insurgency.

MoldMan

Noob
Yea id like shazam fight superman but I guess it would of made the scene less meaningful. I remember MK9 having more charcters to play in the story mode

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
Maybe ...I think who we got to play as fit the story...MK9 felt like a lot was the same over and over just to get people in...

I also would not argue with it being longer but it was fine as is...people say MK9 was longer but it really just slightly altered the story from the first 3 games that was set and retold a bunch anyway...and what they changed (ahem Sindel) was not the best anyway...

Besides all the awesome battle mode versions make up for it...

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
Yea! I was like damn supes.
I thought atleast shazam and hawkgirl should of been playable they were both going for the jokers bomb as well. It was kinda weird they didn't go through the portal as well and no reference to where they are. Batman did not need two chapters.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
billy :(
but the story OMG and Damian wtf shit was amazing but i guess they only wanted heroes playable in it? i loved it but it didnt seem any longer than MK's was

billy :(
but the story OMG and Damian wtf shit was amazing but i guess they only wanted heroes playable in it? i loved it but it didnt seem any longer than MK's was
Yeah, i never saw Damien being Nightwing but they seemed to skim over alot of stuff, like damien being nightwing and catwomen wanting to run away with batman just sort of come out of nowhere then never get referenced again after a single fight. Also despite all the deaths there wasn't as much as i thought, Green arrow and Dick Grayson both get killed offscreen before the events and cyborg offscreen at the end, Luthors death was definitely a dramatic highlight and Superman's reaction to what he did and what people were saying was great, then Shazams death was good but again he just gets taken out so easily despite all the build up and used as anincident for Flash to suddenly change sides. I know it's not Mortal Kombat and people can't die every second but with so much on the line and such a huge finale, superman and batman basically took center stage while everyone else was just fighting in the background for the final stretch of the story. Don't get me wrong i loved the story but just such a shame most of the roster got roles as henchmen (black adam for instance, and Ares despite aiding wonder women at one point shows up for 2 Short scenes then is gone, thought he would have had a much bigger role, especially with all the conflict and war)

I hated the ending to the story even though I knew it would end up the way it did. Everything's hunky dory.

I sure hope Injustice 2 stirs the pot a little more and does NOT use an alternate universe situation. That was such a cop out. They could've merely made it an Elseworlds style and just went totally in one universe.

I already have characters I want in Injustice 2. The Atom, Zatanna, Plastic Man, Red Tornado, Vixen, John Stewart. Staple Auxillary Justice League members.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Yeah, i never saw Damien being Nightwing but they seemed to skim over alot of stuff, like damien being nightwing and catwomen wanting to run away with batman just sort of come out of nowhere then never get referenced again after a single fight. Also despite all the deaths there wasn't as much as i thought, Green arrow and Dick Grayson both get killed offscreen before the events and cyborg offscreen at the end, Luthors death was definitely a dramatic highlight and Superman's reaction to what he did and what people were saying was great, then Shazams death was good but again he just gets taken out so easily despite all the build up and used as anincident for Flash to suddenly change sides. I know it's not Mortal Kombat and people can't die every second but with so much on the line and such a huge finale, superman and batman basically took center stage while everyone else was just fighting in the background for the final stretch of the story. Don't get me wrong i loved the story but just such a shame most of the roster got roles as henchmen (black adam for instance, and Ares despite aiding wonder women at one point shows up for 2 Short scenes then is gone, thought he would have had a much bigger role, especially with all the conflict and war)
yeah i loved the story but i kinda saw it coming, i wasnt even surprised at 2 Batman chapters because at the end of the day its a Batman/Superman Story and Superman saves the day, its cliche but i think it was really well told. it sucks that Billy went out so easily i think there coulda been a fight but i guess they wanted to show how strong dictator supes was and how absolute his rule was. i suspected the alternate universe thing after the GL story trailer and i think Ares might have been a last minute addition because he wasnt involved at all really and i saw an interview where adam urbano i think said they swapped out a character but Ares could have had a HUGE role but was completely irrelevant. all in all i loved the story mode, it was amazing and im still loving the game and im stoked to see who the DLC is going to be....well who after Lobo -__-

why are y'all using the spoiler thing? the thread is marked spoilers.
Am i the only one who thought it felt extremely short? MK's felt a lot longer
Also am i the only one who hates that alternate universe thing?
Also, i cant believe they got away with how supes kills shazam and still call it T! Yo you could see the things in the back like his head got boiled, that's crazy.
Also, am i the only one that hates doomsday more than shao kahn and way more that superman as a final boss?
Also, why does flash get arrested? i get that he's going to be tried like the rest, but he went of his own free will, so why arrest him when he would just show up to the trial?
Also, wtf, hermit crabs? i thought aquaman was bringing the kraken.
Also, am i the only one that thought Lex's death was hella anticlimactic?
Also, am i the only one that thinks it would have made more sense for the batman costumes to be swapped (because the good superman world batman looks more like armor that you would think that the leader of the insurgency would want)?

Mulder

King of Heroes
Eh. I'm disappointed sure it was GOOD. But it wasn't what NRS advertised it to be. And again Alt. Uni was such a major cop out.

Reedoms

Noob
I'm confused about Damian. That seemed like such a dick thing to do to your former partner and the only guy who really respected you. Hopefully the prequel comic touches this a bit more.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
I hated the ending to the story even though I knew it would end up the way it did. Everything's hunky dory.

I sure hope Injustice 2 stirs the pot a little more and does NOT use an alternate universe situation. That was such a cop out. They could've merely made it an Elseworlds style and just went totally in one universe.

I already have characters I want in Injustice 2. The Atom, Zatanna, Plastic Man, Red Tornado, Vixen, John Stewart. Staple Auxillary Justice League members.
They kind of had to given how underpowed/outnumbered Bats' team was plus I'm glad they did it as I didn't like the idea of my favorite heroes becoming jerkasses just wish Hawkgirl got a chapter.