What's new

Combo List - Kitana The Start To Kitana's Unbreakable Damage

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Yes, you heard right. Our Princess is back, and she came back with a very dangerous tool. Below is a video of me tapping in to her potential. But first, let me explain how they work, as the function somewhat different than how they did in MK9.

One big change to her unbreakables are her fans. In MK9, the main BnB for unbreakables were Lift, GF, iAF, GF, iAF. Her GFs in MK9 juggled the opponents, no matter what the gravity was during the combo. In MKX, this is no longer the case. Once you throw a GF, you cannot keep the opponent suspended in the air with another GF, as the fan will simply knock the opponent down. She can still follow up with an iAF to continue the juggle, but if she throws ANY fan after that, the fan knocks them down instead of keeping them suspended in the air. However, THIS DOES NOT MEAN SHE CANNOT CONTINUE THE UNBREAKABLE. If you are quick enough and have the correct timing, you can still throw a fan as the opponent is falling down from the previous fan. The fan still knocks down tho, but its still extra damage that cannot be broken. Her EX GFs in this game are completely different from her MK9 version as well. Her MK9 version functioned the same way her regular GFs did, but in MKX, this is not the case. Not only can she NOT cancel them like in MK9, they DO NOT suspend the opponent in the air. They do allow for extra damage tho, since it knocks the opponent pretty high in the air.

Another big change is her Lift. In MK9, if she wanted to use Lift after fans were already in the combo, she was only able to use it after GFs(opponent juggled of course). She couldn't lift if iAFs or EX fans were used in the juggle. In MKX, her Lift disregards all of that she can lift off of ANY fan. iAF? GF? EX GF? It doesn't matter, she can lift. She can also lift even if the opponent is falling down from fan that stops the juggle, granted you're close/quick enough.

All of this applies to her Royal Storm and Assassin Variations, and most of the combos can only be done in Royal Storm. I have yet to try Mournful, but since she doesn't have access to her fans in Mournful, I dont see it being a valuable tactic in that variation.

Let me know what you guys think.

E

Eldriken

I love her unbreakable damage. It's amazing. It makes people soooo mad. Catch 'em in the air with a raw fan? Ground fan into another fan. huehuehuehue

Hit 'em with a jump kick/punch into a fan? Ground fan into another fan and that's mid 20% unbreakable. I loooove it.

I haven't done any of the fancier stuff, however. I'm keeping it pretty basic at the moment.

xKhaoTik

I love her unbreakable damage. It's amazing. It makes people soooo mad. Catch 'em in the air with a raw fan? Ground fan into another fan. huehuehuehue

Hit 'em with a jump kick/punch into a fan? Ground fan into another fan and that's mid 20% unbreakable. I loooove it.

I haven't done any of the fancier stuff, however. I'm keeping it pretty basic at the moment.
Yes and it works so well with her Royal Storm Variation, due to that godly lift. I'm just glad she still has them lol.

Of course, she has to be cautious with the meter tho. Meter is way too precious in this game. If you're going to use it, make damn sure you kill with it lol

E

Eldriken

Yes and it works so well with her Royal Storm Variation, due to that godly lift. I'm just glad she still has them lol.

Of course, she has to be cautious with the meter tho. Meter is way too precious in this game. If you're going to use it, make damn sure you kill with it lol
I honestly don't use her meter that often unless it's to try and get up safely with EX Square Boost or to go for an EX TS Brutality finisher.

But yeah, Royal Storm > Assassin from the looks of it. The change to Fan Lift in Royal Storm is too godlike to go back to Assassin.

Riyo

Noob
Great stuff.

I feel that I always have meter due to using fan throw a lot and blocking the fan gains even more. So I'm pretty generous with my meter use haha

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Nice! Are you canceling the Ex Fans to connect the normal ground fans still? Or is there a different input now?

xKhaoTik

Nice! Are you canceling the Ex Fans to connect the normal ground fans still? Or is there a different input now?
No. She can't cancel the EX fan like she could in MK9. She recovers pretty quick from her EX fans tho.

Reactions: JDE

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
In the midst if all this can you sharpen between the time she lifts, and throws a fan to sneak in a little more damage? Or no?

never thought of that. i doubt it tho, especially since most of these combos can only be done in royal storm
I haven't tried royal variation yet. But Assassin works for me. I may lose a mid range lift and projectile parry. But I gain a damage boost for my attacks and a new special. That damage boost makes her bnbs 40% or high 30%.
I tried mournful for a little bit. I think it's horrible. One thing jade had was good range. Since Kitana doesn't have those normals she doesn't gain that range.

xKhaoTik

I haven't tried royal variation yet. But Assassin works for me. I may lose a mid range lift and projectile parry. But I gain a damage boost for my attacks and a new special. That damage boost makes her bnbs 40% or high 30%.
I tried mournful for a little bit. I think it's horrible. One thing jade had was good range. Since Kitana doesn't have those normals she doesn't gain that range.
she already hits 40%+ midscreen meterless and 50% one bar in the corner in royal storm. no need for a boost

In the midst if all this can you sharpen between the time she lifts, and throws a fan to sneak in a little more damage? Or no?
No sharpen takes too long.

EDIT:
Im new to MK competitively so I don't understand everything about the system yet so can you please explain how these are unbreakable? Is it a glitch or something? I ask cuz just earlier today someone broke out of a combo when I went for throat slice so naturally I would assume breakers apply to specials as well

Last edited: