What's new

The Science of SCIENCE: Making a Mayo Video

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
What kind of compressor do you use for your narration tracks?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I don`t. I record directly through an HD external soundcard into Ableton Live, and the volume is usually just fine.
I only asked because of how balanced the low end in your voice overs is. Very impressive given that you're not using any compression. Have you ever used a Blue mic? HOLY GOD

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I only asked because of how balanced the low end in your voice overs is. Very impressive given that you're not using any compression. Have you ever used a Blue mic? HOLY GOD
Actually whenever i record, i apply a high pass to eliminate some of the low end so my voice doesnt blend into the music too much.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Actually whenever i record, i apply a high pass to eliminate some of the low end so my voice doesnt blend into the music too much.
Makes sense. Anywho, from one audiophile to another, good shit. What kind of mic are you using, I'm looking to get a different mic for my skype and my band mates don't want me taking our $200+ Sennheisers home :(

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Makes sense. Anywho, from one audiophile to another, good shit. What kind of mic are you using, I'm looking to get a different mic for my skype and my band mates don't want me taking our $200+ Sennheisers home :(
For about 50 bucks you can pick up a decent Shure SM58, and for maybe 100 you can get a decent high quality interface.