What's new

Question - Kenshi The road of a master swordsman to enter tournaments

Hello guys, ok, so I have decided to improve my kenshi game, in my country there will be a tournament soon (not a huge fancy one, just one made by a gamers store) so I decided to give I a go. Not sure when it will be But there is something clear for me right now: I have to improve a LOT, there is this friend of mine who is quite good with Liu Kang and I saw a lot of streams and noticed he is one hell of a fighter and definitely will be seen in the tournament (alongside Erron Black, Kung jin and the online favorite scorpion), so I decided to train but my friend ALWAYS kicks my ass, sometimes hard and sometimes I am close to winning but I always lose (only 1 win against him), here is a video of me and my friend:

As you can see, he can be quite aggressive, I tend to do a lot of the same combos, but something is missing, something that doesn't let me win, I have the game from 2 weeks later after the games release (took me a lot of time to play at least as this).
So I would like to ask about tips for improving, any approach I should have with kenshi?? new combos? (if you have a combo, could you write it down with the usual notation?), any tips, any flaws you saw that I should Improve, as I said, I wanna become good with Kenshi, good enough to reach (or even win) a good spot on the tournament, thanks

MK_Al

Noob
I am no Kenshi main but I think you don't need any more combos :)
In tournament settings people tend to be really nervous, so I recommend perfecting those combos you already use as much as possible. Try to stay calm and punish mistakes. You'll probably be facing a lot of jump ins, so be prepaired for that.
As to your fighting style, you may want to find ways to either make your blockstrings safe or look for safe strings (rising carma?!). You might challenge your oponent more with EX rising carma. And, most important, work on your footsies. I believe Kenshi want's to be in sweep distance rather than in the enemys face. B1 / B2 seem nice footsie tool, but I better stop talking about specific moves since I don't know this char :)

Good luck

I am far from any kind of expert but armour is your friend with Kenshi. In both rounds you sat on 3 bars of meter.

Use EX RK for wakeups and to get our of pressure - you can combo off it too. For example, the first round you was so close to winning .... when he rushed you in the corner (46 seconds in) you could have done EX RK to wake up and won the round.

I think that alone will make a huge difference to your game play.

Good luck, let us know how you get on!