What's new

The Rick Goofs Off.

Rick

Noob
Well if I have an account here, doing something MK-wise, and making a video of it, I might as well be useful.

Kinda cross-posting this from MKO. Mainly it's just me using regular occurances, glitches, and Pro Action Replay codes to make a weird-fest. This is all from the SNES versions of MK3 and UMK3, as I can't make AVIs using MAME at the time.

This is WIP #3. Suggestions will be taken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx8UfYkjYPs

It's all about me having fun rather that doing the uber-awesome combos like on the vids I've seen that I have no hope of topping.

Rick

Noob
I don't have good enough software to capture video from MAME.

I can record video files right directly from my emu.

Therefore, SNES stuff it is.

Derek

Noob
Rick said:
I don't have good enough software to capture video from MAME.

I can record video files right directly from my emu.

Therefore, SNES stuff it is.
Go DL the Sega Saturn EMU and the UMK3 ROM for that. It's the best port you're going to find for UMK3.

Derek

Noob
ded_ said:
and umk3 for saturn is not emulated as far as i know?
You'd know better than I would. I was just assuming. Sorry about that. Play the Genesis version then, that's still better than the SNES one.

Rick

Noob
I'm not trying to make it seem like an argument or anything, but you're missing the point a little.

I'd gladly do these things on another platform if I was able to capture video on something like MAME, or Saturn, or hell, even the Genesis. Unfortunately, the emulators I have don't have the capacity to record AVI files. Only my NES and SNES emus have the ability to record AVI files off of whatever I'm doing at the moment. It's simply an emulator feature.

It's so much easier for me to have it like that too, since my laptop likes to die on me every couple of months and I have to go reformatting it.

Nothin' personal man, just don't have the ability (or the money to pour into it to be able to do it) to do what you're asking. Sorry man.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
While pointless as it is, I thought it was funny. How did you get Sheeva to actually show up, referring to the clip where Kahn is hammering her?

The Genesis version is by FAR closer to arcade gameplay/speed, but the controller is absolute ass (like all Sega/Xbox pads).

No need to attack the guy fellas!

dreemernj

Ambassador
ded_ said:
It is. It is identical to MK3 for PSX or Windows, just with the UMK3 add ons. It has the same menus, same quality graphics.

It's terrible.

ded

Elder God
dreemernj the only emulator which can run somehow umk3 for saturn is girigiri, and i've tryed everything and still couldnt run it, if you done it - guide me ;]

Rick

Noob
Konqrr said:
While pointless as it is, I thought it was funny. How did you get Sheeva to actually show up, referring to the clip where Kahn is hammering her?
Easy. It's a clip from Mortal Kombat 3. =P

While I realize that the Genesis version has some good key points too (and I do have the UMK3 ROM), the SNES version is just the one I'm most familiar with too, so I gravitate toward that one.

I've also never seen a Genesis UMK3 cart. :confused:

Had I actually been able to record AVIs from the Genesis version though, I would've done the Kabal Decapitates Himself glitch and stuck it on there. That's my only real regret at the moment.

dreemernj said:
ded_ said:
It is. It is identical to MK3 for PSX or Windows, just with the UMK3 add ons. It has the same menus, same quality graphics.

It's terrible.
Sorry but thats false, I have UMK3 for the Saturn (the real deal not emulated) as the PAL Version.
Its not identical to MK3 or UMK3 on any other platform, it has a complete broken air physic, you stay longer in the air, its almost like floating.
You can do for example Nightwolf,s multi Axe with ease on Saturn (because everything seems to stay longer in the air).
I didnt played it much (but I still have it) but I am pretty sure you can do some complete impossible combo stuff on the Saturn Version which doesnt would work on any other version.
You could compare it to the Saturn version of MKII which also allows impossible stuff.

I thought it was a fun video, good job. I use to play the SNES versions of MK3 all the time (the actual cartridges too), and never knew about any of those.

dreemernj

Ambassador
KillerMiller said:
dreemernj said:
ded_ said:

It's terrible.
Sorry but thats false, I have UMK3 for the Saturn (the real deal not emulated) as the PAL Version.
Its not identical to MK3 or UMK3 on any other platform, it has a complete broken air physic, you stay longer in the air, its almost like floating.
You can do for example Nightwolf,s multi Axe with ease on Saturn (because everything seems to stay longer in the air).
I didnt played it much (but I still have it) but I am pretty sure you can do some complete impossible combo stuff on the Saturn Version which doesnt would work on any other version.
You could compare it to the Saturn version of MKII which also allows impossible stuff.
Identical was the wrong word. There are differences in gameplay. With UMK3 for Saturn the developers decided to throw out a lot of what had been learned from the other games, creating their own set of rules and breaking the game.

But, all three are based on the same code. They have the same graphics, same menus, energy bars in the same extraordinarily low place on all 3. And all 3 are pretty bad. UMK3 for Saturn is a broken mess.