What's new

The Real Triforce

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
By now, the MK community is probably pretty well-aware of the man known as Triforce. He's been around in the gaming world for quite a long time, being part of FGC documentaries and even a spot on MTV. More recently, he's gotten involved in our community with his EMP brand and speaking on various live streams. He's quite an interesting character. I decided to look up some things about him on my own, and found something that truly surprised me.

1995:

2001:

2006:

Today:

Triforce has not aged a day in nearly twenty years. How can this happen? Who is he? Is he an agent sent from hell to corrupt the young and impressionable minds of video game players and Tom Brady? I needed to find him myself and confront this man to expose him for who, or what, he really is.

Fortunately, living in New York City, it's only a quick train ride over to the location of the God's Arc, Empire Arcadia's home. When I exited the subway station, I walked over to a deli to pick up something to drink and noticed a familiar face. The long-lost EMP Black Mamba was staring at a selection of soft drinks while muttering something. I walked over to try and listen.

"Empire forever, Empire forever", he mumbled over and over.

I attempted to break him out of his trance, but didn't want to cause a scene. I turned away to pay for my drink at the register. Suddenly, he grabbed my arm and stared at me very intensely.

"He wants you", he said.

"Me? I don't think he even knows who I am", I replied.

"You don't know who he is", he told me.

He left the store without saying another word.

Something peculiar was going on here. I made my way over to the God's Arc and knocked on the door. The door opened by itself as I knocked, revealing a dark passageway inside the house. It appeared as if no one has visited this place for years. Curious, I continued my entry when I began to hear a strange chanting sound. Further along my walk, I realized I was not in a house at all, but somehow found myself within a dark forest, certainly not in the city. The chanting got louder and I saw a fire burning up ahead with shadowy figures circled around. I ducked down to not grab the attention of these men and crawled behind a fallen tree to get a closer look. I was shocked as I saw a beaten and bloody man tied to a pole inside of the fire. It must be some sort of sacrifice!

The ground started shaking. I trembled in fear as the earth split in two and rising from the dirt itself stood the man I was looking for.

"I AM EMP THE GOD TRIFORCE. WE SACRIFICE YOU MARN PHAN SO THAT OUR BROTHERS MAY TASTE VENGEANCE. OUR MRS FIELDS SPONSORSHIP WAS NO MORE BECAUSE OF YOU. THE EMPIRE IS FOREVER. THE PEOPLE WILL FORGET YOU AND THE EMPIRE WILL CONSUME YOUR SOUL"

As he raised his powerglove, the man in the fire began to scream in agony and was ripped apart. The glove illuminated the scene and I found myself exposed. The hooded figures turned to me, and I ran away without hesitation.

"Good luck", a booming voice called out.

I returned to my apartment and laid in my bed. Frightened and exhausted, I popped Mortal Kombat into my xbox for some comfort. I had a voice message from a strange account name, consisting of a seemingly random array of numbers and letters that extended past the limits of my screen. At first the message was indecipherable, but as I kept listening I could make out a repeated phrase within the static.

"YOU STUPID!"

There was a knock at my door. I looked through the peephole but only saw darkness. Then I realized what that darkness must be. I opened the door and there was no one in the hallway. Looking around, it seemed like there was nothing amiss, but I couldn't ignore what had just happened.

So, as I fight through my constant nightmares and fear of going out at night I will leave you guys with a warning - be careful.

Empire forever.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I have received word that Triforce is now on the run and hasn't been seen at Nintendo World for almost 12 hours.