What's new

The Power Nth -- Hawkgirl General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bi-on-iC

I'm innocent, I mean..not guilty.
"It's gonna be so funny watching people struggle against her" Chris G.
Get your hopes up again.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
I think I might mess with Hawkgirl a bit after I play more Aquaman/Black Adam/Joker. She looks super fun. :)

ive been messing around with her and this char is fricken crazy. ppl say shes gonna be low tier but its gonna take a looong time to explore her fully. my insights so far:

meterless bnb: 123 f3 b23

blockstring: b2~db1 MB repeat 4 times (anyone confirm this?)

air combo: 123~4 2 d3

also, popups with high recovery can be canceled into flight and back to bypass the recovery and maybe get more juggle options. (more testing needed)

cancelling kockdown strings into flight and downward Mace MB as well as high popup strings into bf2 which goes below allows crazy oki

also, flight cancelling might function as a very toned down function of dash cancels.

whats the highest damage combo yall have found so far. i found 49% super combo in the corner
I've found 52% in the corner with super.

Also guys, score a knockdown in the corner (like with b2, 2, b3) and fly right after. You can do ambiguous crossup overheads by gently floating above/past their head into divekick on wakeup.

Espio

Kokomo
This character is so much fun, cancelable mace, flight mode is amazing as well. I was able to evade one of Killer Frost's ice spikes with flight last night.

I really love playing her so far. I'm torn on who to focus on now, she's one of the more fun of the cast I've played thus far.

Edit: Not sure if this is known, but I I have a super combo I just did that does 41%.

Input: 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 2, Super, it's not difficult, I'm sure there are much higher ones though, just messing around with her for now :).

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
i think it doesnt work against every character, try against lex.
Works fine for me against Joker.

Anyway guys, I finally got the game today and oh my god I fell in love with her playstyle, currently rendering videos, I'll get you guys some somewhat okay-ish gameplay of her. Recorded plenty of matches with friends today. I'll either post them in the video thread if we have on or here. They should be uploaded by tomorrow evening.

How do you punish her mace charge? it says it's -55 on block but when I block it I'm put into a lifetime's worth of block stun.

How ambiguous is the divekick as a crossup? I have some corner madness setups that I can't test until tomorrow. I just end corner combos with d2 xx flight, then flight 3 for the knockdown and into divekick guess from that. Seems like it could be effective.

Blackburry

Buffs needs buffs
Umm the hell do you do with this character? I'm looking into her and I have no idea what to do to get in(in a non-sloppy way), and once I am in I don't really know what strings to abuse to keep the pressure.

Hawkgirl players HALP!

So far to get in I've been using a mix of D3 and F13 (D2 WC for combo), F1 being 6 frames.

I'm going to try using DB2 for AA's, it might have potential to escape some cross up situations.

(4)2 also has a weird hitbox. E.g after D3 going into flight and standing on top of your grounded opponent and using 2 is pretty ambiguous, only downside is you have to recover from the 2 almost immediately to not be punished in flight.

After a sweep you can also DB2(3) to go to the other side of your opponent to escape the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.