What's new

The portrayal of LGBTQ characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espio

Kokomo
If you don't want to beat someone to a pulp you're weak and a girl, this is fascinating do tell:coffee:.

Edit: LOL hun, you're not voicing facts you're voicing your opinion, please get over yourself. I'm not the one proclaiming what's right and what's wrong in the world as if this is an objective conclusion derived from facts. You thinking women are that way is just a reflection of your own personal bias.

It is no different if people are racist, homophobic, etc voice their opinion, it is not fact, sorry to say.....

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
If you don't want to beat someone to a pulp you're weak and a girl, this is fascinating do tell:coffee:.
Why don't you put some more words into my mouth? I'm not surprised you're going into law enforcement....your manipulative mentality will make you a perfect candidate for it. Here's an idea....see things for what they are and read peoples' posts as they ARE WRITTEN.

There's nothing wrong w/ standing up for what is right. If OTHER PEOPLE weren't PUTTING us in those situations, we would never have to resort to such.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
2 Things: 1.) who the FUCK are you to tell me how I should or shouldn't live my life. You overstepping your boundaries and you need to back off.
2.) Saying people like me who are strong-willed and not afraid to stand up for what they believe in belong in jail just reinforces my statement about the people of this society becoming docile, timid, delicate, decadent little bitches. You see someone like me and it's a SHOCK to you and you don't know how to deal with it. It's really sad how pitiful and pathetically weak humans have become. Grow a set of balls, you fucking girl.

1. I am telling you that your hostility is unhealthy and will certainly get you in a lot of trouble, if it hasn't in the past already. You are the one who needs to back off if you're suggesting that beating up trans people is okay. I will never back off of that no matter who I'm talking to.

2. What are you even talking about? Are you trying to go back to when I met you at NEC? I had no clue who you were, so I was just like "okay". LOL why the fuck would I be afraid of you? You have done nothing in this thread but show that you are the lowest of the low.

Espio

Kokomo
Why don't you put some more words into my mouth? I'm not surprised you're going into law enforcement....your manipulative mentality will make you a perfect candidate for it. Here's an idea....see things for what they are and read peoples' posts as they ARE WRITTEN.
That's what you said, why are you so delusional?

Nice to see you're creeping on my profile though to try and find something to target about me as I said earlier, for a biologist you're certainly not a mature one.

I'm level-headed and stable, I don't manipulate anything, those were words from your posts, sorry that you think if someone lies to you it is grounds for a beating.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
That's what you said, why are you so delusional?

Nice to see you're creeping on my profile though to try and find something to target about me as I said earlier, for a biologist you're certainly not a mature one.
YOU SAID you were going into Law Enforcement, You IDIOT....earlier in this thread. Seriously, I'm astounded that a human being can be this fucking stupid. Do you seriously NOT remember what YOU YOURSELF SAID????

As Obi-Wan once said, "so much anger".

You cannot educate everyone and you cannot get everyone to agree with your points, as a gay , black, agnostic libertarian who happens to be going to school to be a law enforcement officer, I gave up on trying to win people over it requires a certain level of energy that I and others could be expending on more productive activities we could be doing with our family, ourselves and friends or for charity or whatever.

If you're a decent person and your actions show it, move on and do not dwell on the contempt other may have.

No matter who you are, there will always be someone who doesn't accept you for your differences. The important thing is that each individual respects and loves themselves so that they may live happy and productive lives and share that love with other people to help out those they care for in their lives or those in need.

Edit: I'm not saying don't try to inform people of new information keep in mind, I encourage knowledge sharing by all.
HERE, ASSHOLE. No wonder you're going to be in Law Enforcement...you're too fucking STUPID to do anything else.

I'm level-headed and stable, I don't manipulate anything, those were words from your posts, sorry that you think if someone lies to you it is grounds for a beating.
AND you're wrong AGAIN. Now quote me on when I said that JUST like I just did to you.

1. I am telling you that your hostility is unhealthy and will certainly get you in a lot of trouble, if it hasn't in the past already. You are the one who needs to back off if you're suggesting that beating up trans people is okay. I will never back off of that no matter who I'm talking to.

2. What are you even talking about? Are you trying to go back to when I met you at NEC? I had no clue who you were, so I was just like "okay". LOL why the fuck would I be afraid of you? You have done nothing in this thread but show that you are the lowest of the low.
It has NOTHING to do with ANY of that. As I said before, I've learned to like you and I might even hang out with you so idk where that came from. I was merely speaking in regards to your mentality concerning the posts you have made in this thread. Do you realize how offensive some of them could be taken or do you simply not care? My hostility and anger are the reason I'm still alive, FYI...they fuel me, keep me focused and are an excellent natural defense mechanism.

And to be perfectly honest, it's none of your business, nor is it anyone else's.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
LOL you've been on Sunny D's profile for the last two days making remarks and have been on mine...that is a fact you have posts on his profile proving it.

I did mention it in the thread though, you were right about something, I forgot about it regardless...you continue to prove how immature and rude you are...constant personal attacks for next to no reason.
I have NEVER visited your profile page and you can ask an Admin or Mod to confirm that. I did visit Sunny D's profile page to talk to HIM. But if you were minding your own fucking business like you should have been doing, that would be no concern of yours. Why do you care? Do you suck his dick at night before bed? None of your business. Aside from the fact that it's VISIBLE TO THE PUBLIC EYE. You're such an arrogant little asshole.
I looked over those. 1 person is better than a million like it normally turns out to be. haha
Yup, story of my life and I DO get sick of being right all the damn time, tbh.

Espio

Kokomo
I don't care. Not my problem. Blame society, not me.

I don't even understand the question. You need to word it properly or better or whatever you're getting at.

That's your opinion. Many people may think differently.

No, they DO have an obligation to tell their significant other or they can suffer the consequences. Those are BOTH questions you would OBVIOUSLY want to know if you're in a fucking relationship with someone. How warped is your perception of reality? Do you even live on this fucking PLANET? You sound like a fuckin' Martian, Bro. it sounds to me like you don't know how to have a healthy honest relationship with ANYONE, male, female, both, or w/e. That's called "LYING" and it constitutes a messy breakup to say the LEAST.

What fucking country are we in, Genius? No, not you.....where is Mortal Kombat made and where is this website based out of? You're just reaching, man.....reaching for anything you can grab.

That's your opinion. I don't give a flying fuck who it is, if you lie to me, deceive me, betray, manipulate, steal, etc to ME, I get a deep-rooted hatred for people like that and everytime I see that person, I'm going to want to fight them. What the fuck gives you the right to do that to me? This is MY life, I am in control of it and FUCK what you think, I don't allow people to treat me like that. You will be honest, respectful, decent, truthful, loyal in my presence or you won't exist to me. You can do what you want when I turn my back like the rest of the little pussies, cuz you seem like that type of person anyway with your warped sense of reality. I don't request it, I don't suggest it I don't recommend it - I fucking DEMAND it.

Yes. I say kick his ass, Girlfriend!!! That's ALL women need right now - more lies, cheating and manipulation. Wonderful idea, You idiot. *sarcasm*

Ok, let's take a concensus: Who here is surprised that the GOD OF WAR supports the use of violence in "some" situations? Imagine the irony in that.
Let me find the rest.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Let me find the rest.
No, Bitch ^^^^ This is what you implied I said, so you will either FIND THAT WORD FOR WORD IN QUOTES or you're a a manipulative little liar. You find where I said EXACTLY that and stop toying w/ me like I'm a child. I don't have time for your little grab-ass games of "chase the penis" or whatever you play with your demented little friends.

Actually don't waste your time trying to find what doesn't exist.

Espio

Kokomo
You threatened Sunny D a couple pages ago

and you said that to Revolver about people being weak.

You have NO IDEA, Son. You wouldn't only not talk to me like that in person, but you'd also keep 50 feet away from me at all times if you had any idea how hostile I am to trolls.

I love you. :p

LOL the irony of that statement after you couldn't quote a post properly LMAO. "How's my dick taste" is another way of saying "Stop following me around, you fucking psycho"

I was just being nice about it.
But it's THEIR FAULT for lying in the 1st place. WTf is wrong you people and your twisted little train of thoughts? It wouldn't change REGARDLESS of the sex/gender/race/color/creed. You lie to me, I just wanna kick your ass for it. It's THAT SIMPLE. What? You think trannys should be EXEMPT from the rule?

Also, you're gay so no one would EXPECT you to react like a straight man would in that situation because it's dualy noted that NUMEROUS (but not all) gay men think IDENTICALLY to women and thus are not violent in the 1st place...I don't think I have EVER seen a masculine gay man in my life with raging testosterone and the like.

That was a very poor example and a totally different situation between 2 VERY different personas.

Why are you even trying? If ANYTHING you have successfully pushed AWAY more straight people with this thread and made them even MORE uncomfortable with it. You should have thought about your responding posts alot more in-depth before posting them (the initial post wasn't too bad). You made it seem like we straight people don't have a choice in the matter and we are "wrong" for feeling a certain way, and that in and of itself is enough to push people away from trusting your judgement or listening to your input.

Also, I'm not sure WHY you don't understand this but if a tranny intends on dating a "single sex" person, the fact that they USED to be male/female should be one of the FIRST things out of the way and into the clear. How DARE you think you have the right to waste someone's time without telling them what they are in for? That's some skeletons in the closet shit that no self-respecting person would even consider having a relationship w/ a person who doesn't show them the respect of letting them know ahead of time. Seriously man, what the FUCK is wrong with your twisted train of thoughts?

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
You threatened Sunny D a couple pages ago

and you said that to Revolver about people being weak.
See my above post. You're manipulating again. Can't you do ANYTHING RIGHT? You know what, I had enough of your shit....I'm putting you on "ignore" from now on. You have to be one of the most useless wastes of a human being I have ever seen.

A QUOTE is a quote because it's word for WORD. You just proved my point that you put words into my mouth. You're such a fucking failure you even fail at failing

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
This was a wonderful thread with the potential to generate some really great dialogue. Then ignorance ran afoul
1. Repost this
2. Ignore Chauvinist distractors
3. Get some some productive discussion going that stays on point

Espio

Kokomo
I'm really sorry Tarkatan dentist for derailing this thread by acknowledging this drama, it was my mistake for getting involved at all. This thread could have been productive.

I made some posts on the actual topic if you or anyone else would like to review them and offer your impressions.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Persons like the one posting the negative comments are not worth anyone's breath or energy. There is no use in trying to convince or otherwise engage him in conversation. He has shown himself to be so overwhelmingly uncritical, shallow, and uneducated, that any effort to try and get through to him would be futile.
Pick your battles soldiers...this pig isn't worth it.

Speaking of soldiers and queer media.... I highly recommend this story based of a true (sadly) story. Caveat: Watch with a friend!

Edit: I do have some issues with the movie however.
1. It does trend towards a focus on over-sexualization stereotypes of transgender persons.
2. Everyone is white :/

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
See my above post. You're manipulating again. Can't you do ANYTHING RIGHT? You know what, I had enough of your shit....I'm putting you on "ignore" from now on. You have to be one of the most useless wastes of a human being I have ever seen.

A QUOTE is a quote because it's word for WORD. You just proved my point that you put words into my mouth. You're such a fucking failure you even fail at failing
I'm not being hostile here. I just want to point stuff out to you. When you say stuff like "I see things for what they are" and all this talk about whats "truth" to YOU, thats fine. Here's the deal though, what you "see" and what I "see" are two different things. Your truth != my truth. Thats all I wanted to say really. An opinion is an opinion and going any further as to try and make anyone else see it your way is fruitless endeavor.

On the topic of this thread. Very nice read. I don't have a problem with how people live their lives because quite frankly they don't affect me in any way. It makes me wonder why people get their panties in a bunch over same sex marriage and the whole LGBT thing. I don't have the time or energy to worry about it and I wonder how others do. Thats neither here nor there though. It did bother me when I say that episode of True life "I'm a bisexual" where the girl says she dates guys and girls at the same time and keeps them separate. She was open about it, and I'd def. be asking for a threesome, but the mentality did annoy me. I guess she's more the exception than the rule when it comes to Bi's. Other than that, I have nothing more on the subject, as I usually don't sit down to think about these kind of things. Again, nice read. Thanks for sharing.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Listen people. This needs to stop. Neither of you "groups" are getting anywhere and all this is accomplishing is getting some very violent people very angry. Nothing good is coming of this. Give up. Listen to Mr. Mileena and let the hateful comments slide. Its not your duty to stand up for LGBTQ people (as much as they need it), and least of all in such a manner that is being done so far.

Stop aggravating these people. By the comments posted thus far, these people are dangerous and unstable, continuing will just cause unwanted drama. Everything that needs to be said has been said already, so lets cool off....and agree to disagree (as much as i hate that phrase). These last 6 or so pages have been very unproductive, please lets try to turn this around.

I know i made this mistake. But i stopped, and im encouraging you guys to do so as well.

rev0lver Espio872 GuamoKun GNG Iniquity Zyns

Espio

Kokomo
Listen people. This needs to stop. Neither of you "groups" are getting anywhere and all this is accomplishing is getting some very violent people very angry. Nothing good is coming of this. Give up. Listen to Mr. Mileena and let the hateful comments slide. Its not your duty to stand up for LGBTQ people (as much as they need it), and least of all in such a manner that is being done so far.

Stop aggravating these people. By the comments posted thus far, these people are dangerous and unstable, continuing will just cause unwanted drama. Everything that needs to be said has been said already, so lets cool off....and agree to disagree (as much as i hate that phrase). These last 6 or so pages have been very unproductive, please lets try to turn this around.

I know i made this mistake. But i stopped, and im encouraging you guys to do so as well.

rev0lver Espio872 GuamoKun GNG Iniquity Zyns
You're right I acknowledge my mistake in continuing this and will not feed into it further, I'll repost my thoughts that got lost in the drama immediately.
I don't mind lengthy reads if the content is legit and this posts was absolutely brilliant, I felt lie I was reading a professor's lecture on a current day issue, but with a very empathetic twist to it.

I think everything you've conveyed in your post is spot on and I can only think of a few exceptions to your very well thought out and eloquent post.

The only time I've ever see a bisexual character portrayed in a positive way was on the show South of Nowhere, it was a girl named Ashley, she was loyal and kind but had a ton of faults like being a troublemaker at school and skipping. She felt human and authentic, while still being portrayed in a positive way.

Degrassi's Marco Del Rossi I though had a lot of good qualities as they didn't simply focus on his sexual orientation, he suffered from gambling addiction and other issues, as the first gay character on the series, they definitely portrayed a lot of the struggles of being gay as he was the target of a hate crime. Degrassi actually portrayed his relationship with a recurring character very well, the hand holding and intimacy you referenced in your post was there.

The movie Shelter was a great movie for the LGBT community because the emphasis was on family and love, it was a story that anybody could relate to and the two male characters weren't stereotypes, they were just regular guys that grew up together and ended up loving each other as adults, it was about college and not giving up on your dreams despite your responsibilities and social pressures, it's one of the only gay themed movies that I've ever seen that I felt anybody could immediately relate to whether they were gay, straight, bi etc.

Another really funny portrayal is th character Max on the show Happy Endings, I love this character because he's literally just a dude who loves video games, immaturity etc, he just happens to be gay and I like his portrayal because it puts emphasis on how gay guys are similar to straight guys instead of the differences, it's like the MK community here, we have gay, bi and straight guy, we all have a commonality, but diversity shouldn't be swept under the rug keep in mind, just saying that what we have in common can be a unifying force.

Back on topic, Are there any more realistic and positive portrayals of transgendered and bisexual peopel in the media...I found a book by Alex Sanchez entitled Boyfriends with Girlfriends about a bisexual guy, the book waas good but short and the character was actually a very religious Catholic he dated people but wasn't extremely promiscuous, the character was portrayed in a realistic way he had a good heart, but he was stubborn and untrusting, very good book.

Edit: There was a girl in th book named Allie who also happened to be bisexual, and she fell in love with a girl named Kimiko who has a conversative Japanese family, while she was dating her boyfriend.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly

What exactly did he change? Nothing, he has quoted you verbatim.

Given that you're very first post in this thread was full of expletives and the word "disgusting" it is clear this topic is very personal to you. If perchance you have been deceived by a transsexual, then maybe you need to deal with how you feel about that before you can look objectively on the topic of the portrayal of LGBTQ characters. The crucial point being is that they are individuals, and dismissing or even condemning them all "bisexuals are just sluts" is ignorant and intolerant.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Message to everyone:

Please stop quoting my posts for I will not respond to any of them anymore. I am done wasting time on you useless people and your delusional perceptions of reality. Never in my life have I seen such incompetent idiocracies, ignorance, arrogance and flat-out disregard for others' opinions. The lot of you should be ashamed of yourselves. If you consider yourselves human beings then i am ashamed to call myself one.

That is all. Don't quote another single one of my fucking posts again and you can have your little bitch-ass thread back to suck each other off with.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It has NOTHING to do with ANY of that. As I said before, I've learned to like you and I might even hang out with you so idk where that came from. I was merely speaking in regards to your mentality concerning the posts you have made in this thread. Do you realize how offensive some of them could be taken or do you simply not care? My hostility and anger are the reason I'm still alive, FYI...they fuel me, keep me focused and are an excellent natural defense mechanism.

And to be perfectly honest, it's none of your business, nor is it anyone else's.
Then I am mistaken, I thought that was what you were referring to since it was similar to what you said to me before. I have no personal beef with you, I just can't stay silent when I some things being said.

And Sunny D, I will stand up to intolerance of LGBT people whenever I see it, it's just the kind of person I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.