What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
This does nothing but convolute the forums. We already have a combo thread. PLEASE POST YOUR COMBOS IN THE COMBO THREAD. Not screaming, just trying to get the point across. =)

Also, going to need some help with the combo thread. Any volunteers that feel they have a very good sense of max damage BnBs for Displacer and Master of Storms?

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
This does nothing but convolute the forums. We already have a combo thread. PLEASE POST YOUR COMBOS IN THE COMBO THREAD. Not screaming, just trying to get the point across. =)

Also, going to need some help with the combo thread. Any volunteers that feel they have a very good sense of max damage BnBs for Displacer and Master of Storms?

I've just merged every combo thread in this section into the Official Combo Thread. Thanks for making this.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

I've just merged every combo thread in this section into the Official Combo Thread. Thanks for making this.
Thanks man. Hey... what's the deal on character forum moderators? I messaged crimson and he said there aren't any. I would really like to be able to manage the raiden forums like I did in mk9.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Thanks man. Hey... what's the deal on character forum moderators? I messaged crimson and he said there aren't any. I would really like to be able to manage the raiden forums like I did in mk9.

We've downsized on moderators due to inactivity. I went ahead and merged this thread too. If people continue to make combo threads, just tag me and I'll merge those as well.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Nice tech. I found though (and I'm not exactly sure the reason for this is) that ending resets with a charge string (f12b2 or b32) into b14, the lightning doesn't connect on hit, but if you end with a njp into b14~lightning it will. So far example on these

b32, b23 b14 lightning
f12b2, b23 b14 lightning
b2 b2 b14 ex grab b23 b14 lightning

They can block lightning but if you replace the b23 enders with a njp into b14 it connects

edit: scratch that you can connect, the timings just really strict
Do you mean b32 instead of b23? Just want to clarify, because one of your combos starts with b32 then after that is b23.

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
50% one bar from a low starter

B33 ex shocker njp b2 f12b2 (hold for full charge) b1 4 shocker. Easy 50%

Also @Chaosphere I suck at run canceling lol but I've been trying this combo out to see if it's possible it looks super cool and wondering if you could connect this. The notations are... f12b2 f12b2 xx ex shocker b1 4 xx LRC f12b2(full charge) bf3 mid screen.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

Also @Chaosphere I suck at run canceling lol but I've been trying this combo out to see if it's possible it looks super cool and wondering if you could connect this. The notations are... f12b2 f12b2 xx ex shocker b1 4 xx LRC f12b2(full charge) bf3 mid screen.
Should be possible. I'll try it out tonight. Is that midscreen or corner?

nugava

Noob
I'll try to clean my game and for resets in the corner, I'll try to do:
b2, b2, b14, EX df2, b14, LCR, 21.
b32(x4), NJP, b14, EX df2, b14, LCR, 21.
That seems pretty reliable. Not the most damaging "reset combos" but easy enough.

(I just wonder how you can make the AI in practice mode to mash his EX armor moves after the 21 on hit. This is to learn the timing after the 21 to do b2/b32.)

@Chaosphere

TDD

Noob
Hey guys, just started playing him so sorry if this was posted before. It looks like this is universal combo of his.

214 ex shock 213 electric fly for 36%

Basically any starter that can interrupt into ex shock works.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
I'll try to clean my game and for resets in the corner, I'll try to do:
b2, b2, b14, EX df2, b14, LCR, 21.
b32(x4), NJP, b14, EX df2, b14, LCR, 21.
That seems pretty reliable. Not the most damaging "reset combos" but easy enough.

(I just wonder how you can make the AI in practice mode to mash his EX armor moves after the 21 on hit. This is to learn the timing after the 21 to do b2/b32.)

@Chaosphere
Your first reset is what I started doing last night, except I ended at B14. I still can't do LRC. Any tips on executing it properly?

You can do B32 four times in the corner?? I gotta try that lol

And reliability is what I am going for in this game. In MK9 I made the mistake of always going for the fancy combos, even though I could barely do them in Practice mode, and it bit me so many times. This time around I am sticking to reliable combos and resets. If I can't do it consistently in Practice mode, I am not even trying it in a match.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Your first reset is what I started doing last night, except I ended at B14. I still can't do LRC. Any tips on executing it properly?

You can do B32 four times in the corner?? I gotta try that lol

And reliability is what I am going for in this game. In MK9 I made the mistake of always going for the fancy combos, even though I could barely do them in Practice mode, and it bit me so many times. This time around I am sticking to reliable combos and resets. If I can't do it consistently in Practice mode, I am not even trying it in a match.
I think the (x4) means you hold the 2 for 4 charges. I typically notate it like this b32[4], and will continue to notate it like that for the duration of this combo thread =)

nugava

Noob
Yeap Lol. I'll do that too, sorry. So, any Idea of how to test the AI's EX after 21 on hit. ? (I mean, you can set the AI on reversal, but that's on block. I did not find the option that sets the AI to do EX armored moves right after a hit.)

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeap Lol. I'll do that too, sorry. So, any Idea of how to test the AI's EX after 21 on hit. ? (I mean, you can set the AI on reversal, but that's on block. I did not find the option that sets the AI to do EX armored moves right after a hit.)
Best thing you can do in that scenario is record raiden doing it, then switch to player 2 and try to get ex armored moves out manually.

So I have looked through all the combo threads and very little of them are based around maximizing damage for raiden's f1,2,b2 combo starter which seems to be one of his best strings other than b3,2. Starts up in 5 frames and is a mid. Does any one have max damage combos for those midscreen and corner. I've been able to get like 31% 1 bar mid screen with no run cancel. Just didn't know if i was missing anything

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
So I have looked through all the combo threads and very little of them are based around maximizing damage for raiden's f1,2,b2 combo starter which seems to be one of his best strings other than b3,2. Starts up in 5 frames and is a mid. Does any one have max damage combos for those midscreen and corner. I've been able to get like 31% 1 bar mid screen with no run cancel. Just didn't know if i was missing anything
Check the OP.

meterless - f12b2[3]~run~b14~LRC~214~shocker/superman - 31%/28%

1 bar - f12b2[3]~run~b14~LRC~214~ex-shocker, b14~shocker/superman - 41%/37%

You HAVE to use the LRC if you want to maximize damage. Those are both midscreen. Not finished with corner combos yet.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

Nah it doesn't work. Even if you manage to connect the f1 after the LRC, you cant hold the charge all the way. It knocks them down after like 3 charges and ends up doing 31%. It works with f12b2~ex-shocker but not with a second f12b2 in there. So it only adds up to 34% when you can get 37% 1 bar midscreen with the combo in the OP.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Check the OP.

meterless - f12b2[3]~run~b14~LRC~214~shocker/superman - 31%/28%

1 bar - f12b2[3]~run~b14~LRC~214~ex-shocker, b14~shocker/superman - 41%/37%

You HAVE to use the LRC if you want to maximize damage. Those are both midscreen. Not finished with corner combos yet.
Any tips on landing the 214 after the LRC? the combo counter always resets for me.

Also, does just B14~LRC~214 combo by itself? Or do you need to f12b2[3]~run~ first?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Any tips on landing the 214 after the LRC? the combo counter always resets for me.

Also, does just B14~LRC~214 combo by itself? Or do you need to f12b2[3]~run~ first?
The only tips I can give is practice, practice, practice and the higher you hit them with b14~LRC in the air, the more time you have to connect the follow up afterwards =/

Also, starting out with b14~LRC... hitting 214 after is pretty strict since you aren't able to make it easier by hitting him higher in the air. They start grounded in this situation. But, there's really never a reason to start with b14~LRC in the first place.

nugava

Noob
Yeap, what Chaosphere said: Try NJP, b14, LCR, 214 or EX df2, b14, LCR, 214. You'll see it's not that hard because you hit them high enough with b14.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Not seeing much anti-air combos what do you guys do for meterless AAs? (TG)
Apparently, depending on situation, people do f1, d2 and vb. I can't combo off d2 for shit though even though some claim that you can do that into superman or even into ex-shocker as long as you hit opponent high enough.