What's new

Combo List - Raiden The Official Raiden Combo Thread - All combos here

I watched a 50% combo in a youtube match (48% if the opponent does a throw escape), and I don't know if anyone posted it here, so here it goes:

Thunder God Variation 50% 1 meter Combo
On Corner
b2, b2, 214, ex-shocker(bf2+block), b32[3], b32[3], throw

Hope you guys like it ^^

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Nice to see OP updated. Gotta note that at minimal range b32 (like this, no holding the button) links into b1 midscreen without running.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
i hit a 50% last night in training. was pretty jacked about that . came close to 40% on a midscreen too. still cant manage to b14~ and keep the combo going unless i start with it. but i will keep trying. also lightning ball cancel eludes me atm

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Nice to see OP updated. Gotta note that at minimal range b32 (like this, no holding the button) links into b1 midscreen without running.
Yeah, just figured you might as well include the run to cover your bases for hitting with it at any range. Plus, I think you should always hold the button for at least a few charges so you can confirm whether it hits or not. If b32 without a hold is blocked it's full combo time.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
In the lab right now, and so far I have found lrc combos link after b1, b11, 11, b3, f2, 214(all hits), f1, f12 and 4. Combos we have right now are pretty optimal but just thought this was good to know. Someone will play w it and find something crazy

Low Blow

How far have you fallen?
I will be writing up a list of combos soon that will utilise Raiden's best poke f1,2,b2 (hold). It's amazing that people aren't using f1 in their neutral game. As it is the best tool to punish anything that's -7 on block.

From this you can get 30% meterless

Notations are:

F1,2, b2 (hold for 2 hits), b1,4 LRC, 2,1,3 bf2 = 30% damage mid screen.

Still testing but from the f1,2 the damage is insanely good value.

BigMilk

I will be writing up a list of combos soon that will utilise Raiden's best poke f1,2,b2 (hold). It's amazing that people aren't using f1 in their neutral game. As it is the best tool to punish anything that's -7 on block.

From this you can get 30% meterless

Notations are:

F1,2, b2 (hold for 2 hits), b1,4 LRC, 2,1,3 bf2 = 30% damage mid screen.

Still testing but from the f1,2 the damage is insanely good value.
Not sure if we have that listed but everyone using that. Also I think most tg players ate abusing that normal right now. I know I am lol

BigMilk

And to clarify the b14~ lightning tech I discovered if there was still confusion, it's sole purpose is to give you more options than you would have. B14 leaves you at +7 but b14~ lightning leaves you at +9 which makes your options safer. It makes grab more viable, only leaves 3 frame gap to armor 50/50, f12 wins if they press any button or extra chip. Most importantly it increases damage for meterless resets in the corner.

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
hey guys im giving up on lightning ball cancel combos i can barely cancel let alone continue a combo. id like to practice a midscreen combo with run in it anyone have a favorite?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
For some reason I fail to cancel b14 more often than I should indeed. Especially into lightning, for some weird reason. Becoming too old and senile, I suppose :DOGE

nugava

Noob
Easy Cancel combo online midscreen + Wall Carry. Let's say a 10f punish:
214, EX df2, b14, Lightning Cancel Run, 214, bf3. 38 %. Offline, you'll add a NJP after EX df2. It's really easy after EX df2 or after a NJP because you'll hit your opponent high enough in the air with b14.
I don't even try anymore to use Lightning run cancel in combos outside the b14 after the NJP or EX df2.

Last edited:

Albo

Noob
And to clarify the b14~ lightning tech I discovered if there was still confusion, it's sole purpose is to give you more options than you would have. B14 leaves you at +7 but b14~ lightning leaves you at +9 which makes your options safer. It makes grab more viable, only leaves 3 frame gap to armor 50/50, f12 wins if they press any button or extra chip. Most importantly it increases damage for meterless resets in the corner.
Nice tech. I found though (and I'm not exactly sure the reason for this is) that ending resets with a charge string (f12b2 or b32) into b14, the lightning doesn't connect on hit, but if you end with a njp into b14~lightning it will. So far example on these

b32, b23 b14 lightning
f12b2, b23 b14 lightning
b2 b2 b14 ex grab b23 b14 lightning

They can block lightning but if you replace the b23 enders with a njp into b14 it connects

edit: scratch that you can connect, the timings just really strict

Last edited:

LAMG

Noob
how do you reset your position in practice? also how do you remove the damage% onscreen for each hit
back/select (x1/pc) and pressing the touchpad on ps4, if you are on a stick on ps4 you have to enable the hold button to pause feature on options, then to reset position double tap start

BigMilk

Nice tech. I found though (and I'm not exactly sure the reason for this is) that ending resets with a charge string (f12b2 or b32) into b14, the lightning doesn't connect on hit, but if you end with a njp into b14~lightning it will. So far example on these

b32, b23 b14 lightning
f12b2, b23 b14 lightning

They can block lightning but if you replace the b23 enders with a njp into b14 it connects

b32, b23 b14 lightning
f12b2, b23 b14 lightning

My meterless resets are b32(hold), njp, b14~ lightning
b2, b2, b14~ lightning