What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

Two things really helped me with the Erron Black matchup online.

Block low a lot if he's not right in your face. The slide is coming and its a free punish.

Secondly, when he's in, commit to blocking either high or low and forget trying to react. If you commit to blocking high, be sure to mash low block as soon as the overhead comes out. It only takes 3 mins in practice mode to get used to it. Before I started committing to my decision to block high or low, I got hit with almost every mixup. After learning to commit, I found that I could make better reads and guess right a lot of the time. It made the matchup much easier vs decent players online.

As far as sonic fox goes, sure he makes the character look broken, but that is mainly sonic fox himself that is broken. That will happen with any char he plays.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Raiden, eh? He seems pretty good, but nothing too salt inducing. Then again, I haven't played any good Raidens. Why do you say him for next week's target?
Because things like this will become more known among the populous.

TG Raiden is currently the most safe character in the game. Plus the fact the chip dmg AND meter build he does is huge. I said that he is top 3 material atm in the right hands. Every time he touches you, 40% and more of your life is gone with one bar, plus the wall carry. He also has a vortex, which CANNOT be armored through.

You cant even whiff punish him unless you have a fast advancing move, like Cassie's b1 for example. His njp hit box and active frames is RIDICULOUS and leads to a ton of dmg, 6f mid safe combo starter with insane range, which leads to a ton of dmg, low SAFE combo starter which also leads to a ton of dmg, great mobility and pseudo frame traps. What more do you want?

No one else in the game has those tools, plus a safe 50/50 mix up game. I dont care if his overhead string is -2000000000000000f, he can make it safe if he wants to and that is the point. When he gets you in the corner, your options are ALMOST zero to none. And again i m saying this regarding the player who uses him knows what he is doing.

I am going to say it again, people are sleeping big time on TG Raiden. And all i see, are nerf cries about Kano, Cassie, SZ and Scorpion. Lol those characters are fine. The problems lie elsewhere in MKX. TG Raiden is one of them.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Because things like this will become more known among the populous.
It's shit like that, that makes me happy I'm not a top level player. I can just enjoy the game, win some and lose some. I can play with better people and work to be the best I can. I can attend events and enjoy the atmosphere and level up. After all that, at the end of the day, I know that if I meet the perfect Raiden in pools and get bodied it was unavoidable, then go back to enjoying the game. I don't need to care about nerfs and buffs, cuz I know I won't be competing at the level where it truly matters anytime soon. I can just be happy to be here and do my part, while playing the characters I love.

It's shit like that, that makes me happy I'm not a top level player. I can just enjoy the game, win some and lose some. I can play with better people and work to be the best I can. I can attend events and enjoy the atmosphere and level up. After all that, at the end of the day, I know that if I meet the perfect Raiden in pools and get bodied it was unavoidable, then go back to enjoying the game. I don't need to care about nerfs and buffs, cuz I know I won't be competing at the level where it truly matters anytime soon. I can just be happy to be here and do my part, while playing the characters I love.
This is definitely the mind-set you should have if you're not playing the game at the highest level possible.

It's probably just because it was online, so I'm not even sure about it, but Kano seems ridiculously safe from like, everything. Testing in training mode to see what his recovery actually is later.

Anyway, when all the focus on Sub Zero, Kung Jin, Quan Chi, Raiden, or Cassie calms down a little (Cassie, Raiden, and to a lesser extent SZ are fine imo), people are going to turn their attention to Kung Lao. He's super good.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Alright I'm pretty sure I have heard over half the kast be komplained about at this point. Breaking news. If every character in the game is "OP," that actually means that none of them are.
Nope, it actually means we're playing MvC where a character that can kill entire team in one touch may be considered bottom tier. It takes one freaking dedicated connoisseur to enjoy gameplay like that, so I'm not sure if maintaining character balance make the game itself balanced.

Nah brah, Raiden is next. Calling it.
People already whining about TG for like a week.

This game is just as scrub friendly as MK9/Injustice. Why are all the extremely easy to use characters good? You wonder why you see the same 8 characters online? It's because the same people tried the other characters and realized "Why play someone that requires me to think when I can just go to Kung Jin/Raiden/Erron Black/Cassie/etc who are all brain dead characters that faceroll people without meter?"

This game is going to be dead quicker than Injustice when people realize how stupid the character design is for the easy, scrub friendly characters.

Last edited:

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
"Why play someone that requires me to think when I can just go to Kung Jin/Raiden/Erron Black/Cassie/etc who are all brain dead characters that faceroll people without meter?"
And this is why you don't say "character" and say "variation" instead.
Putting TG, Outlaw and Bojutsu in the same pile as MoS, Marksman and Ancestral is a bit dumb.

Oh, and "scrub" doesn't mean what you think it means.

Last edited:

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I would really like for there to be the option to unbind buttons. The way I hold my controller, left trigger keeps fucking me up. I don't need a shortcut for both throw and interactable.

jon

Noob
My main complaint is that it's near impossible to join KOTH matches. The online for this game kinda sucks.

Replay mode is my biggest enemy.

"Why didn't you use that giant window to punish Ermacs unsafe EX teleport?"

"Because of the lag."

"What lag? There's no lag here, watch..."

"There was lag! Like a whole second of it!"

"That's not what I'm seeing. Why did you walk into his X-Ray?"

"That forward was from two seconds ago. I blocked!"

"Liar."

"Screw this. I'm gonna go kill spiders."