What's new

The Official MKXL Complain/Rant Thread

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Mostly just Mileena, feels like she is trying to random me out every time I fight her... but I've never lost to them consistently...but that 1 out of 10 games tho. lol

Kung Jin... not because of the sound. I was told to play Kung Jin on stream. We ddid 15 mins of practice mode and learned 3 bnbs it was so easy I didnt even notice the dmg.

J2 221xxEXdb3 jf4xxd4 db3... such short notation right?

Go into ranked 1st match I do this combO. My reaction "HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY IS THAT DOING 41%"

AND THAT is just nooooooooo goooooood. im suprised I never see peopl pick this char online. Hes literally renamed to Kung Damage!

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
Kung Jin-the second character I fight most thanks to forever king

Kitana- it's not hard to fight it's just my opponent has to throw fans repeatedly. I understand she's bad and agree. But that sound effect annoys me. I want an opponent that doesn't rely on it

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Me, I'm just awful at this game. No matter how much I practice and play in can't figure it out and keep trying to play it like mk9

ruff321

Noob
I swear I dont think I've played a fighting game that is as salt inducing as this game. It gotten to the point where playing this feels like a chore

armani

Noob
kitana needs help.
kung jin needs to go back into whatever green arrow/kilik closet he's trying to get out of.
people need to learn how to just neutral duck under jacqui's machine guns.
where the hell is jade at.
where the hell are noob and smoke at.
why does tanya look like a jungle book 2 reject character.
why are there like 20 "infected" stages.. NRS probably found out about kool aid and got lost in the sauce.
why aren't raiden's eyes red when you equip the dark costume
how the hell did kotal go from being a tribal smurf to a full blown caveman king like did I miss something?
is there a kardashian plastic surgeon in outworld? cause our lip locked mileena looked a little awkward upon reveal.
why are there so many backwards ed boon's spamming uppercuts (no ed)
the netcode needs Jesus.
why is the game based on input delay/dial combos..
who constructed cassie's alt hair? it looks like a pistachio nut from the back.
why is goro's hair longer than most of the female cast.
why does jacqui have little doodoo locks, but a big ass hairtie holding them
why are takeda's body suit paints so tight. kung jin can probably hear his balls screaming.
again. the netcode needs Jesus.
puggles needs some cooldown.
why are all of sonya's fatalities drone based. guess her legs stopped working
why does frost have nsync hair.
why did they have to nearly kill my boi bo rai cho.
why does the guy at the end of takeda's ending look like black adam.
why does sindel still have tube hair. 25 years later and she's still using the same products.
why does shinnok have full blown bone hands in his bone shaper variation. you might as well be smacking me with twigs man.
why does ermac look like kan ra on crack.
why doesn't mileena have an ass crack.
was that guy zeke on crack during the goro strream?
is that shao kahn manifesting in the blood pit on quan chi's stage? why does he have a forehead crack?
why did they turn my girl ferra into a big bertha at the end of their ending. RIP to torr..
netcode. omg
why does takeda grunt like he's constipated during round transitions.

fix the stupid KOTH finally
when you are the king give us the option to leave without a loss
when only 2 ppl are in the lobby give any of those players the option to leave without a loss
but instead we need to keep playing lol

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Always having to connect online after an online match.
Having to receive a loss if you are King of KOTH and you want to leave.
Takeda can't get out of poke pressure.
Kung Jin
Accidentally using Easy Fatalities coins when trying to do an actual fatality.
Ermac's Down, Up, Back fatality.
King Jin.
Ping lying in rooms.
Injustice had better netcode.

Whoever wrote the very hard AI in this game should get fired or work on menu detail for the rest of his programming career.
Disagree. Playing the very Hard AI is the only reason to play MKX alone. Plus, it's a very good practice for match ups. Even if the AI reads all your god damn inputs...

Thanks NRS for:

- Not being able to break cause i back dashed. Mostly by accident
- Not able to execute a run demanding full combo because i broke.

- Completely ruining Kitana and every aspect of her(and JADE)
- These weird jump arcs
- Displacer's -200
- Excluding Tag. Who needs friends anyways? I prefer test your luck with the tilting modifier.
- This great "persistent online battle where everyone fights for supremacy". Maybe one of the biggest fiascos in MK history.

D

Deleted member 9158

I hate when someone declines you in player match and the game keeps giving you the same guy over and over.
I find people decline more in this game than MK9 thanks to that stupid 'Win Odds' percentage. God damn scrubs

ScreamQueen

Rockin' Sindel since '95
All the kids being complete douchebag smart-asses, even in the face of monsters, gods and legends like Goro, Raiden and such.
The general wonkiness of the whole lobby/connection/accept match system.
Not being able to leave KOTH as King without earning a loss.
Sindel, a frikkin' REALM QUEEN, clearly being next in rank to rule Netherealm, not her daughter.
I now want to open all locks I come across in life with ants.
I bought it on PC

(Plot twist: I do really like the game though)

Last edited:
Kung Jin... not because of the sound. I was told to play Kung Jin on stream. We ddid 15 mins of practice mode and learned 3 bnbs it was so easy I didnt even notice the dmg.

J2 221xxEXdb3 jf4xxd4 db3... such short notation right?

Go into ranked 1st match I do this combO. My reaction "HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY IS THAT DOING 41%"

AND THAT is just nooooooooo goooooood. im suprised I never see peopl pick this char online. Hes literally renamed to Kung Damage!
Because most of everything he presses is unsafe.

kitana needs help.
kung jin needs to go back into whatever green arrow/kilik closet he's trying to get out of.
people need to learn how to just neutral duck under jacqui's machine guns.
where the hell is jade at.
where the hell are noob and smoke at.
why does tanya look like a jungle book 2 reject character.
why are there like 20 "infected" stages.. NRS probably found out about kool aid and got lost in the sauce.
why aren't raiden's eyes red when you equip the dark costume
how the hell did kotal go from being a tribal smurf to a full blown caveman king like did I miss something?
is there a kardashian plastic surgeon in outworld? cause our lip locked mileena looked a little awkward upon reveal.
why are there so many backwards ed boon's spamming uppercuts (no ed)
the netcode needs Jesus.
why is the game based on input delay/dial combos..
who constructed cassie's alt hair? it looks like a pistachio nut from the back.
why is goro's hair longer than most of the female cast.
why does jacqui have little doodoo locks, but a big ass hairtie holding them
why are takeda's body suit paints so tight. kung jin can probably hear his balls screaming.
again. the netcode needs Jesus.
puggles needs some cooldown.
why are all of sonya's fatalities drone based. guess her legs stopped working
why does frost have nsync hair.
why did they have to nearly kill my boi bo rai cho.
why does the guy at the end of takeda's ending look like black adam.
why does sindel still have tube hair. 25 years later and she's still using the same products.
why does shinnok have full blown bone hands in his bone shaper variation. you might as well be smacking me with twigs man.
why does ermac look like kan ra on crack.
why doesn't mileena have an ass crack.
was that guy zeke on crack during the goro strream?
is that shao kahn manifesting in the blood pit on quan chi's stage? why does he have a forehead crack?
why did they turn my girl ferra into a big bertha at the end of their ending. RIP to torr..
netcode. omg
why does takeda grunt like he's constipated during round transitions.
You just summed up not just this entire thread. But this entire site in one large post.

Combo system is terrible IMO. I dont understand how it doesnt bother everyone else.
You have to like input whole combo at the start of your combo. You are not even allowed to see if you will hit or not.
And I have to press those 4 moves (so more than 10 buttons) like crazy fast. Ridiculous!
Nobody is bothered by this?
I might ditch this game if they dont make it easier for us casuals.

Kung Jin is stupid. relatively fast projectiles, an AA projectile, plus another one that they just gave him for the fuck of it because he doesn't have enough shit already I guess..., plus a liu kang flying kick, great mixups, the best range in the game, huge damage, a divekick that you can combo off, easy execution, and completely safe EX versions of all of his specials? Seems legit. Give him a safe teleport too... why the fuck not?

Scorpion's stupid dinosaur things shouldn't fucking track you while you're running, or track mileena mid fucking roll.

Tons of the mechanics of this game are just have assed slapped together without any consideration of how they might actually play.

Yeah.. let's have characters who rely on run cancelling for their BnBs, but then we should also have their defensive strategy heavily reliant on back dashing. That makes sense because that means they'll ever be able to break anything... Oh wait... that's right... we didn't even fucking think about how the characters that don't need stam to be effective would have a distinct advantage when it comes to the ability to break...

We should give about a quarter of the cast a ridiculous amount of tools and hey, maybe some vortexes too while we're at it, but then we'll just slap some bullshit in with other characters with frame data that is super inconsistent with other characters with similar moves, and just not pay any attention at all to whether or not any of the half assed shit we gave them even makes sense given the rest of their shit.

Seriously Kung Lao mains would bitch to no fucking end that he is runed if they made low hat punishable on hit. Meanwhile... Mileena. Explain to me how that difference is fucking consistent at all. It's like they tried to make shit imbalanced on purpose.

They learned nothing from 24 Hat in MK9.

The net code is complete garbage.

Shinnok has like... five strings... really?

Tons of moves are completely bugged. Some of the stages are broken. Characters getting stuck in the air? sliding all the way across the damn stage? Specials getting punished when they HIT? EX versions of shit wiffing on hit? Xrays randomly just not doing anything?

Throw teching inputs still a fucking guess? Why in the mother fuck do they insist on doing that?

I really wanted this game to be good but it's a gigantic mess. It's like SFxT release bad. At least you could play that game online.

Last edited: