What's new

The Official Kabal Crybaby Thread

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
There will always be another game. Just reap the cash till it's possible. NRS should be concerned about the game's life.
LOL... NRS has already made pretty much all the profit they are gonna make from the game. They couldn't care less. If people want to have an MK to continue playing... it's up to the players to keep it alive.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Ahhh third strike. While that indeed had the "God Tier", there was also the Demon Tier which consisted of Makoto and Urien. People forget how good those characters were, one touch, and you were dead. Some of you should search for RX Urien on YouTube. That guy was a monster, and yes there is footage of him trashing Daigo's Ken as well.

Before YUN, Daigo used Ryu in SSF IV. Ryu, considered good, wasnt top tier, yet Daigo was dominating with him. Daigo switches to YUN and at the last EVO, we saw Daigos Yun lose to Seth who has the worst health in the game.
Yeah, there was a ton of diversity in this game outside of EVO, you're right! RX's Urien is my favorite player. There's a lot of boss Hugo players too though. That's why I love 3rd Strike though, the Japanese players would just play whoever they wanted and beast you, and they could....because the parry mechanic dynamically changes the game.

Flagg

Noob
Yeah, there was a ton of diversity in this game outside of EVO, you're right! RX's Urien is my favorite player. There's a lot of boss Hugo players too though. That's why I love 3rd Strike though, the Japanese players would just play whoever they wanted and beast you, and they could....because the parry mechanic dynamically changes the game.
Yep, remember Pino's Necro as well? Old school Japanese players just played the characters they liked and got the results. I feel they are more concerned with mastering characters, than shitty tier lists.

Saint

Noob
By no means saying Kabal is bad but people are making him out to be better than he is.

His zoning is very easy to learn yet very powerful against people who do not know how to deal with it so that weeds out majority of opponents. When and if you get past his zoning, learn the matchup, study your frame data and he's just like anyone else.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Yep, remember Pino's Necro as well? Old school Japanese players just played the characters they liked and got the results. I feel they are more concerned with mastering characters, than shitty tier lists.
Despite the fact that some people get butthurt over this game, it just truly wasn't designed as well, Capcom isn't creating games anywhere near that good anymore either. Parry mechanic > Xfactor. But, they know that American player generally don't want to invest the time into any of this shit, so it's tier whoring to the max with an auto mechanic. Here's hoping SF5 has the parry mechanic...

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Jesus I am getting tired of all these cry babies.... the reason Kabal beats you is because you suck at this game!
He is good but 6-4 and 5-5s are winnable, if you know how to play. He is the perfect character. Buff everyone else...not nerf

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ahhh third strike. While that indeed had the "God Tier", there was also the Demon Tier which consisted of Makoto and Urien. People forget how good those characters were, one touch, and you were dead. Some of you should search for RX Urien on YouTube. That guy was a monster, and yes there is footage of him trashing Daigo's Ken as well.

Before YUN, Daigo used Ryu in SSF IV. Ryu, considered good, wasnt top tier, yet Daigo was dominating with him. Daigo switches to YUN and at the last EVO, we saw Daigos Yun lose to Seth who has the worst health in the game.

your post in 2 secs of this video LOL

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Kabal and him being probably overused in the future won't be the factor that would make me quit this game, it's all the haters/crybabies that cry nerfs for him....

It's getting pretty annoying.
It's not going away any time soon.
Do you think without Kabal there would be a clear #1?

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
I think Foxy's Kung Lao is the best i've played and he plays him right. I've heard Used for Glue's is good as well. You guys have the Kabals, but we have the Lao's. Be interesting to see how our Laos do against your Kabals at EVO. I'm hearing Raiden is a good choice against Kabal as well...
Raiden has a large hit box, never a good thing against Kabal.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
LOL... NRS has already made pretty much all the profit they are gonna make from the game. They couldn't care less. If people want to have an MK to continue playing... it's up to the players to keep it alive.
NRS DOES kare... I don't like when people say that they don't.

NRS doesn't kall all the shots. Pretty much every studio kares about their games doing well. They spend a lot of time working on it and some people pour their hearts out onto the project... It's the publishers who kontrol the money and who kare the most about the money they make.

If they kould easily fix the problems NRS would... A lot of the game's problems are probably deep in the coding or they simply don't have the OK from Warner Bros to releash another patch.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Kabal and him being probably overused in the future won't be the factor that would make me quit this game, it's all the haters/crybabies that cry nerfs for him....

It's getting pretty annoying.
I sympathize with a lot of people because he's really good and he kan be overwhelming if you're not used to it. (Both zoning and pressure.)

The fact that he's at the top for both makes him really good.

I don't have much of a problem with him and I really like when they start rushing me down but he kan't rush me down the same way so I kan only imagine how others might feel.

It's not going away any time soon.
Do you think without Kabal there would be a clear #1?
Kenshi or Sonya.

But then everyone would join that bandwagon and then people will complain about them.

Who ever is the best, will always be complained about.

The only thing broken about Kabal that needs to go is the 2NDC block infinite.
There should not be any sort of infinite such as that in the game.

But other than that he's totally fine, he's really good.

Flagg

Noob
Kenshi or Sonya.

But then everyone would join that bandwagon and then people will complain about them.

Who ever is the best, will always be complained about.

The only thing broken about Kabal that needs to go is the 2NDC block infinite.
There should not be any sort of infinite such as that in the game.

But other than that he's totally fine, he's really good.
There is no way Kenshi and Sonya dominate the likes of Kung Lao, Skarlet, Freddy or even to a lesser degree, Cage and Raiden.

Lulzlou

Noob
Man I don't even feel like playing kabal anymore. I didn't even pick him up to win. I really liked the character and when I started to understand the game more I picked up him. Hell, I wasn't aware how good he was at the time.

I get REO is dominating with kabal and inspiring other kabals but that is going to make me so sad if he gets banned. I put so much time into him and its been a rough ride. I struggled with him so much but I never gave up or switched characters in MU I don't know. That is going to make me feel like I wasted my time with this game because I was playing a character I really love as a character.

I don't see the big deal about a 6/4 Match up. Is it really that bad to the point where he needs to be banned? Might as well change those 6/4's into 7/3 or 8/2. You can give me the argument that I play kabal and wont understand but, I mained Mileena and still fought matches I felt were not in my favor. I didn't switch to Raiden/Kung Lao unless I felt I really couldn't win that match. I still picked Mileena to see if I can beat the player, not the character.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
By no means saying Kabal is bad but people are making him out to be better than he is.

His zoning is very easy to learn yet very powerful against people who do not know how to deal with it so that weeds out majority of opponents. When and if you get past his zoning, learn the matchup, study your frame data and he's just like anyone else.
No its not 'just like anyone else'.

Maybe if he had kitana speed fireballs then yeah, but the fact that he can mindlessly spam fireballs onto the screen eliminates EVERY characters footsie game.

If Kabal wasnt playable I think other characters would have been better developed by now.

I could see him being a bit less braindead if the fireballs were slower, or the low saw hit high and had no pushback.
NDCs arent an issue because usually theyre just as much risk for Kabal as it is for the opponent, its just that players atm dont attempt to launch him for anything.

People saying about Kenshi and Sonya being clearly 2nd is only relevant to my other argument that their characters arent as developed. Kenshi and Sonya arent actually that hard to beat compared to Kabal.

FuzzySlipperz

IN TRAINING
while i do agree Kabal is OP (Not Broken) i must say.. i miss the times before patches....now a days i feel players are lazy to learn a match ups or try harder

before ...u just get game as it was and just had to deal with till the next revision or sequel

now everyone just sits around in just complains especially in the mk community while sitting on their ass

its not a single day where Kabal isnt the trending topic of the day smh

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I agree with Foxy's post.

Also, Iniquity, Bob didn't kill T6. The game had no steam going into EVO, in all truth. Which is different from MK9, which has a ton of it.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I don't know what NRS was thinking when they decided to give Kabal a dash cancel. Like he wasn't broken enough in Umk 3. I do think Evo will have at least 4 Kabals in top 8. As far as banning kabal, I think it's a little too late for that.