What's new

The most significant reason why people Rage in this Game.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
What? Bro this game is extremely friendly to new players. Take some fortnite kid teach him one combo with geras and tell him “when u are sure this will land use it. If not slot machine d1 and throw”. He will have much more success than if you threw him into tekken or even sfv which is also pretty nub friendly.
Flawless block is mainly useful for strings with gaps or after you lost your turn and are significantly negative yet safe. This doesn’t require daigo/lowhigh lvls of precision to do let’s be real.
I hadn't played tekken since 3 got into 7 hit right back into my lane. Mk11 is really really fucking hard, sure there are scrub things yeah but its not an easy game at all

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
None of you actually read the op, for your point to be true then "casuals" would like the game whatever though keep talking in circles.
It asserted the idea that wavedashing and Flawless blocking are the main things making people angry at the game, because regular people can do them. I don't see how that tracks. There are plenty of other things to be tilted over, and plenty of people playing at a level before that stuff kicks in that regular people can play with regular people and be happy.

I'm more annoyed that almost all the DLC characters encourages regular people to delete their back button and keep trying to mash forward all day until it works. Then they freak out when forward whatever button doesn't work all the time and doesn't guarantee them the two combos they need to kill. Now they are mad about it, and sending mail.

Fighting games play differently at different levels. The "best" characters change as people can do and see through different parts of the game. Tekken plays totally different against different classes of people. Ideally, a game has something to offer different skill groups and can still be fun. I don't see how God level ranks FB'ing ruins the game for how people would play at mid level ranks. It just means Scarlet isn't risking as much, so consider her more, and don't pick fights with gods or be angry if you do and lose.

and it's ok if not everyone like a game. Or it should be.

DeftMonk

Noob
I hadn't played tekken since 3 got into 7 hit right back into my lane. Mk11 is really really fucking hard, sure there are scrub things yeah but its not an easy game at all
Its probably the easiest fg out that is competitive. Sure there is shit at the highest level that casuals won't grasp...but all fighting games have that. IMO the only thing that makes high lvl mk11 tough is the amount of time you have to react to pokes (jailing off d1 to a high if it landed or making a read as to what opponent will do now that it is his turn...this is excluding NW/Joker those characters with super + down pokes). Nothing to do with FB at all. Anyone that is unable to climb to a competitive level in mk11 would get stomped inside out in any other fighting game. I mean I Like MK11 but lets say for instance some kid wants to play a fighting game in tournaments and hes never touched any of them... Which game would you reccomend? If the game was easy to the point your saying.... no one would feel it was too hard etc. Game would be terrible. Divekick with mk skins.

Hebrew Negro

KingofBosz97 XBL
For me, it's the opposite. I don't get mad when I not "good" enough to deal with something. I'll get pissed TF OFF if the opp does something so casual that I don't know how to defend against it. For example, like playing Nightwolf agaist a Scorpion/Kung Lao that jumps and uppercuts 64 times in 20 seconds.

Also why is this in tech-talk?

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
bro the problem with the kind of people you are referring to is they are buns to the point that any fighting game would be a horrible experience for them. I dunno if you ever watched that guy on mkx who played jacqui (forgot his name but he just kept spamming projectiles yelling COMBOS! COMBOS! STANKY LEG) but people like that won't level up. Fighting games ALL have those kinda players when they first come out then they kinda just go away after two months.
Yes I do remeber that guy, he was trolling though. I just want to kinda give the perspective of a player who has lower than avg play time who doesn't want to get into the community but just play casually. This player has THE WORST TIME because they are told to watch a video tutorial on the "consolidation of blockstun and theorizing the methods of pushback 101" its kinda retarted again it doesnt apply to most of us here but it is happening people are turned off by this.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
For me, it's the opposite. I don't get mad when I not "good" enough to deal with something. I'll get pissed TF OFF if the opp does something so casual that I don't know how to defend against it. For example, like playing Nightwolf agaist a Scorpion/Kung Lao that jumps and uppercuts 64 times in 20 seconds.

Also why is this in tech-talk?
My threads are never categorized properly its kinda my thing

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
@ExpectFlames

About Cetrion's quake: block the first hit and jump the amplified 2nd hit.

About wave dashing: it's not necessary. To be true, there are characters with great wave dashes who don't have dominant tournament success (e.g. Kotal) and conversely characters with poor wave dash potential who have achieved top 8 offline placements (e.g. D'Vorah, Kollector).

Look at Konqueror and K7. Sub-Zero has one of the fastest wave dashes in the entire game and they seldom do it. The only other decisions they needed won them Liga Latina and Frosty Faustings.

About flawless blocking: it's not necessary. Obviously you're gonna want to flawless block things like Shang's f242. Otherwise I think your flawless block tendencies depend on how you personally wanna spend meter, and on your character.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
@ExpectFlames

About Cetrion's quake: block the first hit and jump the amplified 2nd hit.

About wave dashing: it's not necessary. To be true, there are characters with great wave dashes who don't have dominant tournament success (e.g. Kotal) and conversely characters with poor wave dash potential who have achieved top 8 offline placements (e.g. D'Vorah, Kollector).

Look at Konqueror and K7. Sub-Zero has one of the fastest wave dashes in the entire game and they seldom do it. The only other decisions they needed won them Liga Latina and Frosty Faustings.

About flawless blocking: it's not necessary. Obviously you're gonna want to flawless block things like Shang's f242. Otherwise I think your flawless block tendencies depend on how you personally wanna spend meter, and on your character.
I think people are grossly underestimating how essential WD is. FB is debatable sure, I won't contest but i can't understand how if your opponent can extend the range of their normals infinitely and escape the range of your normals why this isnt thought of as super strong?
Like I get the idea you dont have to WD to win hopfully that's not what the op sounded like. But the game after a certain point requires your learn certain things to be effective, its unfortunate that point comes very quickly.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
I think the OP is onto something but the rest of peoples opinions are wrong, bad, stupid and ill informed.

The game definitely demands too much of somebody to perform basic elementary functions in a MU like Cetrion for example unless you play a character that's just able to completely ignore the factors that make flawless block essential etc.

But the real problem with this game is it's positive reinforcement is nil. Breakaway, how strong flailing, mashing and wake up jumping is, how scramble intensive the game is, nothing about this game has highs or lows it's just the same baseline of the same scrambly mashy shit combined with often low rewards for creating or enabling punish opportunities cause of breakaway etc. How exactly are people supposed to feel good playing this game for long periods of time? The positive reinforcement just isn't there. The game seems explicitly designed to deprive the brain of any kind of dopamine when you have successes and that's what keeps people going.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
Like, people really don't see this game for what it is on this website and it's insane. The ABSOLUTE STUPIDEST MOST MORONIC DECISIONS result in complete round swinging events.

I #skalped 2ez for example recently, and the way I did it was so stupid. He had me cornered as Sub right? ALL I DID WAS HOLD UP UNTIL HE FINALLY DECIDED TO THROW AND I MADE AN 80% COMEBACK TO TAKE THE ENTIRE MATCH. I LITERALLY JUST HELD UP UNTIL IT WORKED. ARE YOU JOKING?

Stanlos

Noob
People are too lazy to lab. That's it. They rather complain wherever they can instead.
But lab conditions and Kombat League conditions are not 1:1 especially when they are red triangle people. That is the only unfun element for me.

DeftMonk

Noob
Like, people really don't see this game for what it is on this website and it's insane. The ABSOLUTE STUPIDEST MOST MORONIC DECISIONS result in complete round swinging events.

I #skalped 2ez for example recently, and the way I did it was so stupid. He had me cornered as Sub right? ALL I DID WAS HOLD UP UNTIL HE FINALLY DECIDED TO THROW AND I MADE AN 80% COMEBACK TO TAKE THE ENTIRE MATCH. I LITERALLY JUST HELD UP UNTIL IT WORKED. ARE YOU JOKING?
I mean I don't know why you're surprised about this tho bro. You made a read that eventually he will throw...he did. You reaped the benefits. You could have done this in any game as jumps are throw immune in pretty much every fighter I have ever played. However if you said you got up and your f4 with liu kang low profiled his mid cuz of some super wonky hitbox shit... the caps would be completely necessary and it would be rediculous.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I disagree. While I believe the game is very good, the fact that every character engages in the same "strike / throw" meta is an issue. Traditional character archetypes are not as prevalent as they ought to be because of preset variations. Developers were clearly afraid to take risks with the customizable variation system, thereby severely limiting player creativity and expression. I initially criticized this system and I was very mistaken.

Unfortunately, the game is also very polarized. There are people who genuinely enjoy playing the game. Then there are people who criticize every single facet (i.e., breakaway, fatal blows, krushing blows, low pokes, throws, etc.) I am not a part of the latter and I will never be, but I do wish that the meta allowed for more freedom and variety.
This is a good point. Even though I think the games for the most part have progressively got better over time, one think I liked better about MK9 and Injustice 1 is clearly defined character archetypes. Yeah the balance was unforgivably terrible, but there was a very very strong character for every playstyle.

Injustice 2 is the best NRS game imo because it gets closest to the sweet spot of having a good variety of archetypes and being mostly well balanced.

Zviko

Noob
But lab conditions and Kombat League conditions are not 1:1 especially when they are red triangle people. That is the only unfun element for me.
True but not what I meant. Many people complain about certain moves, or call characters broken without even trying to see what they could possibly do against it. And sometimes it's something very obvious as well but instead of labbing it, first thing they do is post a rage blog on the forum. :D

xKMMx

Banned
I fell the exact opposite man. Th
Super clear issue here the community's brains are just to big to understand super simple concepts. At some point we have to stop treating the game as if it's some incomprehensible enigma that very few people understand. NO ONE IS COMPLAINING HERE I feel like if I woulda just said GAME IS HARD everyone would have just agreed lol
I usually agree with you but how is Flawless Blockin near impossible. I'd say this game is HIGHLY forgiving for the average casual.

xKMMx

Banned
True but not what I meant. Many people complain about certain moves, or call characters broken without even trying to see what they could possibly do against it. And sometimes it's something very obvious as well but instead of labbing it, first thing they do is post a rage blog on the forum. :D
Ill agree with that. I play Jacqui and here people call her broken. However I play plenty of matches with friends that I'd consider way above average where none of her so call broken shit flys because they lab the match up and know how to get around her cancels as well as her frame trap.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The only reason this is even partially true is that Kombat League is not functioning correctly as a ranked league. The relative meaninglessness of ranks causes players to face people regularly who are well beyond their skill level.

But outside of KL, it’s the same as any other competitive game — you mainly just play people around your skill level. So if you aren’t that good, you don’t need to flawless block, microcrouch, wavedash or tech throws to beat people, because your opponent isn’t either. That Cetrion you’re playing isn’t actually good at zoning and will make plenty of mistakes for you to capitalize on without a FB in sight.

You can have fun in pretty much every competitive game at some level if you’re playing against people who are roughly the same level as you are. And there are higher-level mechanics in every competitive game that casuals don’t care about, or even know about, and they still enjoy themselves.

Imo the only person it’s a pain in the butt for is the serious player who wants to reach a level where they can compete. But MK11 isn’t much different in that respect than most other games.

Stanlos

Noob
The only reason this is even partially true is that Kombat League is not functioning correctly as a ranked league. The relative meaninglessness of ranks causes players to face people regularly who are well beyond their skill level.

But outside of KL, it’s the same as any other competitive game — you mainly just play people around your skill level. So if you aren’t that good, you don’t need to flawless block, microcrouch, wavedash or tech throws to beat people, because your opponent isn’t either. That Cetrion you’re playing isn’t actually good at zoning and will make plenty of mistakes for you to capitalize on without a FB in sight.

You can have fun in pretty much every competitive game at some level if you’re playing against people who are roughly the same level as you are. And there are higher-level mechanics in every competitive game that casuals don’t care about, or even know about, and they still enjoy themselves.

Imo the only person it’s a pain in the butt for is the serious player who wants to reach a level where they can compete. But MK11 isn’t much different in that respect than most other games.
#Facts

I have been matched against Forever King. Me, a scrub super noob versus Forever freaking King.

When you talk about "rage", specially in a society like ours, you have to take into account not only one reason. The game is not the only reason, despite the fact that the game is a peace of garbage competitively.
Genetics, social status, cultue, education, upbringing, stress, work, family, confusion......life is hard man.....and when you pick up the controller to relax a little bit and improve as a person, you fight a teabag that watched a combo video on youtube, picks braindead characters and kill you free jumping, doing crazy shit on wake up and playing like an epileptic patient. It is not everyone that going calm down and relax when they realize they are getting fucked in the ass by random shit the developers have thrown there.
You have spoiled people too.....people that dont like to lose (who likes that?). Nobody likes to lose, but damn....there are people that cant control themselves.

But sure, who created this thread is completely wrong. The game is the opposite of what you described. It's appealing to casuals and makes things harder for experienced ones, because the lack of balance and mechanics that reward the non thinker instead of patience and reactions. The game is the opposite of what you just described.

Last edited: