What's new

The MKXL Bug/Glitch/Issue/Stability Reporting Thread

E

Eldriken

There is no change to the input system in XL. In the thread for that Kitana video I posted this.

the input log showed
d
d/f
b

there is a leniency to special move inputs that can make the log appear misleading. in this instance you pressed down, then down/forward, then 1 and back close enough together that it is read as down, back, 1 and does lift.

Mike Metroid's complaint was that you cannot do an input short cut as a special cancel. For example outside a combo Kitana can do d,d/f+1 and fan toss will come out. However as a special cancel she must have the f input. This is expected behavior.
Thanks for the clarification.

There is no change to the input system in XL. In the thread for that Kitana video I posted this.

the input log showed
d
d/f
b

there is a leniency to special move inputs that can make the log appear misleading. in this instance you pressed down, then down/forward, then 1 and back close enough together that it is read as down, back, 1 and does lift.

Mike Metroid's complaint was that you cannot do an input short cut as a special cancel. For example outside a combo Kitana can do d,d/f+1 and fan toss will come out. However as a special cancel she must have the f input. This is expected behavior.
So back in MK9, I take it input short cuts worked as special cancels?

It's supposed to give you each variation of each character, right? But all three Leatherface fights use the Butcher variation.

How did they screw that up?

Somea2V

Thread Referee
I got all 3 different Leatherface variations when I played the tower - it might have glitched out for you.
As did I. I didn't have any issue with the Who's Next Tower, just the Klassics.

Though I intended this more to be a thread for crashes, not general bugs/glitches. We already have a thread for that. Not to be rude or anything, but I started this separate thread to get a quick response on this specific issue, the apparent and numerous game crashes.

It does appear to be an issue and not an isolated problem, but I was hoping for a bit more input before reporting anything via twitter et al.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Added poll. Might make getting a feel for occurrence rate easier. Please vote folks, especially if you aren't having trouble so we can see what this is looking like.

ShaolinChuan

LEARN FROM THIS
Has NRS acknowledged the freezing issue? Could this be fixed via hotfix?

I'm going to try and do a hard reset on the system and see if it fixes the problem.

E

Eldriken

I haven't experienced any freezing or crashing issues. You guys mentioning it here are the first I've heard of it. Hopefully there's an explanation for it and you guys can get it taken care of.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Kitanas throat slice brutality is different offline compared to online.

Offline, the animation is a smooth slow finish, but online it's a bit faster when she cuts the head off. It's hard to explain, so I'll try to post a video explaining at some point.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
Ugh, I'm not happy this bug is back as it was fixed a long time ago.

In match replays, if there's a brutality / fatality, it ends abruptly and says "playback data does not agree".

This only happens at the end of the replay not any time before. It sucks because the endings are the best part. Please address this.

On a side note, why do replays become broken after a game update but recordings of combos do not? :(

@16 Bit

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Can you tell me which fatality and brutality you've done to get the playback data does not agree message? ty

Siontis

Noob
After Triborg's fatality team work during classic tower, the game crashed with error CE -34878-0. It was the fifth crash though during classic towers so I don't know if the crash is fatality related but what I know for sure is that the issue is KP2 related.

Siontis

Noob
QUOTE="Somea2V, post: 2048828, member: 15585"]But... but... but... statistics!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]
What statistics? ???!!! The ONLY time my ps4's crashed with error ce -34878-0 was during MKX launch and now during KP2 release! I have followed every BS workaround WB and SONY told me to do but no results, the game still crashes during offline towers! I have now deleted the game and the progress and I'll patiently wait for a patch that fixes the issue before reinstalling the game again.