What's new

General/Other - Mileena The Mileena General Discussion Thread (All Variations)

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Excuse my freeness, sir. Is there a guide or something I can read that shows them all?
There's some Ravenous stuff at the bottom of the forums. Basically, the most useful tick throws are off low pokes and her standing 2 string. F4 also leads to a tick throw but I wouldn't recommend using it.

Method

Full Combo Punishable
Nope. B212+4 is still quite unforgiving. Oh well.

Looking forward to messing around with the other variations now. Even Ethereal! :)

iVital

Noob
There's some Ravenous stuff at the bottom of the forums. Basically, the most useful tick throws are off low pokes and her standing 2 string. F4 also leads to a tick throw but I wouldn't recommend using it.
I can't find a guide but off the the top of my head s2 and f4 work
Thank you so much, but when is it best to go for these tick throws? Because wouldn't it be more beneficial to spend bar for the 2,1 EX roll Mix up over a 16% from the tick throw itself?

Sorry for all the basic questions, I'm trying to add more depth to my Mileena gameplay because I get into this Auto Pilot mode where I rely to much on B1,2 and F4,4 to open people up opposed to use other normals to be less predictable.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Thank you so much, but when is it best to go for these tick throws? Because wouldn't it be more beneficial to spend bar for the 2,1 EX roll Mix up over a 16% from the tick throw itself?

Sorry for all the basic questions, I'm trying to add more depth to my Mileena gameplay because I get into this Auto Pilot mode where I rely to much on B1,2 and F4,4 to open people up opposed to use other normals to be less predictable.
You can go for then after her high and low pounce with the new hit advantage:D. Also it's harder to punish the pounce because the animation is more subtle then the ex roll were she does a back flip before landing.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Thank you so much, but when is it best to go for these tick throws?
When you don't want to spend meter. Although, I believe some normals leave her relatively safe off whiffed Low Pounces.

I'd like to add that the B221+3 string being +22 is BIG for Ethereal. She didn't have a HDK ender that would complement her Teleport in combo before.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
B34 xx Air Sai leaves the opponent in the air longer so landing B21, 2+4 after should be easier at least online. Also, B2 got buffed in Ravenous and Ethereal, it now has 13 start-up frames. Not sure about Piercing yet.

Edit: Piercing B2 is still 19 frames and it looks like they increased the juggle height on B34 but B3 is still the same.

iVital

Noob
You can go for then after her high and low pounce with the new hit advantage:D. Also it's harder to punish the pounce because the animation is more subtle then the ex roll were she does a back flip before landing.
When you don't want to spend meter. Although, I believe some normals leave her relatively safe off whiffed Low Pounces.
Ah, Now I understand.

I'm tired of getting bodied by good players online. Of course Online doesn't mean shit because of the Netcode, but it's the only way I can play the game and have fun because I can't really travel to events as of now, but when I do (Very soon) I'll try my best to play her at the highest level.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So her optimized combos are now easier. Woohoo!

Did they increase the hitbox on her B12~1+4 in Ravenous? Or does it still whiff easily?

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
Another buff, B12, 1+4 in Piercing also got its hitbox increased, by a lot. So much in fact you don't even have to run cancel after B34 and Air Sai to land it anymore.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Another buff, B12, 1+4 in Piercing also got its hitbox increased, by a lot. In fact you don't even have to run cancel after B34 and Air Sai to land it anymore.
You never had to in the first place for b12 in piercing.

Can someone confirm that this combo works in ravenous?

F24 roll b34 sai b12 1+4 if
This works in ravenous, it will be her best variation because everything is going to rise.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Tele seems the same in Ethereal. Ex-Tele recovers instantly pretty much.
I swear her full Low Pounce had more hit advantage pre-patch.
B2 is fucking godlike.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Scratch that.

Starter~Roll, B3~Tele~Air Sai, B121+3 connects with the same damage (35%) as her Low Pounce combo.

OFF MY VARIATION!

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
What exactly were here hit box problems in ravenous. I only play piercing so all I know about is the b12 1+3 problems
It's one of the reasons I missed top16 at combo breaker. Lol...

Her combos in ravenous were ridiculously inconsistent and you could do the same combo at the same he aight and same timing and sometimes it would miss and sometimes it wouldn't..

Also I scorpion and Dvorahs cancels got fucking fried.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
B2 OS is probably better. B22 can be armored and it's -7 instead of -4. This B2 buff is easily among her biggest buffs. She finally has a great footsie tool outside of Piercing.

Arkayne

Jade Mod. Poison Ivy
Since everyone is on ravenous now. I did come up with some new optimal combos. D+1 cancels into roll off of any pop up.

For example : j.2 1,2,3 ex telekick (n.jp) optional d+1 roll into whatever ender.

Also,i probably shouldn't post this in fear of it getting fixed. Mileena can get 2 bounces in 1 combo. Off of nj.p and U3 MB which now I am hitting almost 46/48% on two bars and 43 on one

I'm gonna go back in and see if the damage got fixed but I think it did so it'll probably do a percent or few less now.