What's new

The meaning behind Who's Next

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
Hope not.

I hope 2v2 doesn't even make a return honestly.
The 2v2 combo system was just implemented poorly. You should be able to tag in and out whenever you want, similar to DoA5. Personally, I don't really care about balance in tag mode. It's just a mode for friends to bro-op with and that's fine. The fact that 4 players could go online and fight each other was great, it's just that tag combos were so needlessly strict and stiff. And could you imagine tag X-rays? That would be so tits.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I hope tag mode returns but balanced and like MK9 isn't the center stage of the game. However if it got the attention it needed...2 games in 1. Tournies would be hype.

arydious

Noob
I hope there is a very strong 2v2 or 3v3 system, It would make sense I am sure this one will not be a traditional tournament but more of a fight to survive thing. Meaning travelling in groups would be pretty normal.
Not to mention from a game perspective the more variables in a match the less likely one character will be op. Say Character A is Godlike but is hard countered to Character C, so it's fine they have a strong character but you have a counter and your strong character. It adds a lot of strategy to the games.

I still love the 1v1 game modes but it seems they are just getting to a point where there will always be just a select few in the top tier or tournament tier.