What's new

The Mass Effect Thread

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
i have my N7 Collectors Edition preodered and paid off on Xbox, PC once i get a ps3 i'll get it on there to

retic

Noob
Nice; a ME thread. Saves me the trouble to create a new thread :) (my apologies if I "necro" this thread...)

Just a quick question for ME2's Tali Loyalty mission (SPOILERS AHEAD):
If I've been pretty much a jackass to EVERYONE EXCEPT Tali (aka, choosing Renegade/aggressive conversation options/interrupts for everyone, Paragon/"nice" conversation interrupts when talking to Tali), will I be able to get the Paragon prompt when Tali sees her father?

The only "paragon" interrupts/options (I recall) that I've done so far:
-jammed the kids gun during the archangel recruitment misison
-handed Veetor over to Tali during the first mission after you "wake up"

PS: Vanguard so hard. Sticking to soldier next time :(

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Nice; a ME thread. Saves me the trouble to create a new thread :) (my apologies if I "necro" this thread...)

Just a quick question for ME2's Tali Loyalty mission (SPOILERS AHEAD):
If I've been pretty much a jackass to EVERYONE EXCEPT Tali (aka, choosing Renegade/aggressive conversation options/interrupts for everyone, Paragon/"nice" conversation interrupts when talking to Tali), will I be able to get the Paragon prompt when Tali sees her father?

The only "paragon" interrupts/options (I recall) that I've done so far:
-jammed the kids gun during the archangel recruitment misison
-handed Veetor over to Tali during the first mission after you "wake up"

PS: Vanguard so hard. Sticking to soldier next time :(
You have to have a certain paragon score to access those dialog options (i assume this is what you mean since interrupts happen all the time it is just up to you to decide to use them) and also how are you playing the vanguard that it is so hard?

retic

Noob
You have to have a certain paragon score to access those dialog options (i assume this is what you mean since interrupts happen all the time it is just up to you to decide to use them) and also how are you playing the vanguard that it is so hard?
Aaaah. So in theory, I could have ZERO paragon points and still get the paragon interrupt in Tali's Loyalty MIssion (the part where she sees her dad)? I just got "worried" a bit coz at the part I snapped Veetor back to reality in the first mission, I only got the "renegade interrupt" hint, not the paragon one (the one where I shot a terminal, instead of using the omni-tool to shut them down).

As for me playing the vanguard class, it's my second playthrough so I equipped Reave as my bonus power. I usually (try to) snipe the enemies with the carnifex/SMG, then I charge in with my shotgun equipped; satisfying to see shepard plowing through enemies like a hot knife through butter, but it sucks when I find myself surrounded later on and VERY far from the nearest cover.

You recommend I pick up the Assault Rifle training in the collector's ship? or do I go ahead and pick the krogan shotgun upgrade in that ship?

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
Aaaah. So in theory, I could have ZERO paragon points and still get the paragon interrupt in Tali's Loyalty MIssion (the part where she sees her dad)? I just got "worried" a bit coz at the part I snapped Veetor back to reality in the first mission, I only got the "renegade interrupt" hint, not the paragon one (the one where I shot a terminal, instead of using the omni-tool to shut them down).

As for me playing the vanguard class, it's my second playthrough so I equipped Reave as my bonus power. I usually (try to) snipe the enemies with the carnifex/SMG, then I charge in with my shotgun equipped; satisfying to see shepard plowing through enemies like a hot knife through butter, but it sucks when I find myself surrounded later on and VERY far from the nearest cover.

You recommend I pick up the Assault Rifle training in the collector's ship? or do I go ahead and pick the krogan shotgun upgrade in that ship?

If you've downloaded the firepower DLC (the one with the AR, Geth Shotty and Heavy Pistol with laser sight) i would grab the AR personally because the geth shotty makes everything else look like nothing otherwise grab the 300-M, and the vanguard is all about CQC, so fully upgrade charge to heavy (so your shields recharge each time you use it) and show them how the shotty works, use the SMG and Hand Cannon, and make sure you use your biotics too, only when you're out of ammo for your shotty, for bonus power energy drain is a good one if your shields are down but i personally would use dominate, makes the game much easier especially for a vanguard who is out of Shotty ammo

bigmiracle

Praise Sheeva
Yeah so my ps3 died on me . . . with all three of my playthroughs. Dammit all! I got the game again and got past the first mission, but I don't know if I have the heart to play yet another playthrough.

BUT

It has already been confirmed that there will be substantial story bonuses if you transmit a save, so I pretty much have no choice. The ps3 version got dicked because there isn't a save import option available, so we got to miss out on several npc character dialogues and a couple quests.

I am looking forward to multiplayer though, that seems very promising.

retic

Noob
so I went ahead anyway through Tali's Loyalty mission with my Shepard practically looking like a T-800. And it looks like SHepard will still get the paragon interrupt when Tali sees her father. :p

I guess even ruthless killing machines can't resist some Quarian luuuurv.

[MENTION=5335]bigmiracle[/MENTION]:

No ME1 save import for PS3 but the closest you'll probably get is to use the Interactive comic that came with the Cerberus Network pass (the one needed to hire Zaeed).

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
so i saw some footage of the leaked beta demo for the game... holy hell manly tears are going to be shed A LOT if the Cut-scenes are as great as this one part that was showed. Bioware wasn't kidding when they said it was going to be dark

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
less than a week away from the demo, if there is a squad up option, lets say we get a tym group going on xbox?

holy hell the new trailers they released for the game today, Kai fucking Leng was revealed in all of his baddass-ery