What's new

The ? Mark

n9195v

Noob
I have a theory.

During today's stream they played three random select games. The random select worked how it did in mk9, they went to a menu with a couple options and selected "Random Select".

So.... What is the question mark in the middle for?

My theory is that the day one patch will patch in another character. I think NRS had the hindsight (common sense) that the game would leak and wanted to surprise MK fans! It might be wishful thinking but it's not too farfetched in my diluted opinion.

The cursor could land on it but I've never seen it selected. Is there any footage of it being selected?

MashBot

You're over matched.
i was thinking the same! why not use the question mark for random. an you could you do random from options? maybe a place holder... :DOGE

Reactions: Zev

n9195v

Noob
If it's not a random select, then worst case scenario, it's actually the DLC slot and Goro's slot is just Goro's slot.

And I say worst case, cause a secret character is everyone's hope.
Cyber Sub Zero was in the DLC spot. Just saying.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I think if you have a big enough to you can climb inside the "?" and have its babies....

I do think something is odd with that setup... The sneaky bastards... If they had to foresight to have to unlock it with a dl that would be epic...

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
I have a theory.

During today's stream they played three random select games. The random select worked how it did in mk9, they went to a menu with a couple options and selected "Random Select".

So.... What is the question mark in the middle for?

My theory is that the day one patch will patch in another character. I think NRS had the hindsight (common sense) that the game would leak and wanted to surprise MK fans! It might be wishful thinking but it's not too farfetched in my diluted opinion.

The cursor could land on it but I've never seen it selected. Is there any footage of it being selected?
You better be right, pal, or imma come and get ya'.

Just kidding. I think it's wishful thinking, and it'd be great if it were true.

It's gonna be a secret character there's no reason they have two options for a random select that's just a waste. We've talked about this in the sppoilers thead along with everything else in the world lol.

MashBot

You're over matched.
yeah you could hide icon* on top of the "Random Select" then select.

ie. an blind random pick

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
There is footage of it being selected

Don't get everyone's hopes up. They wouldn't have a character in the base roster that requires an update to use
Why not there has been whole games that require an update to use... Lol
Listen if I wanna have..?s babies I will damn it and no random select will stop me...

There is footage of it being selected

Don't get everyone's hopes up. They wouldn't have a character in the base roster that requires an update to use
If rain is put in first day patch for free cause how done he is in this game it could be that. Not saying it is but it's a possibility.