What's new

The "Let's Be Serious Here" Podcast with Perfect Legend, Tom Brady, and M2Dave

Who would you like to see on the next LBSH podcast?

• Forever King

Votes: 24 16.7%
  • GGA 16 Bit

Votes: 56 38.9%
  • KDZ

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • Pig of the Hut

Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Rico Suave

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 6 4.2%

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm not the normal fg player. I don't like bullshit wins. I enjoy the element of zoning with a character like Dee Jay, but I don't like that vs T. Hawk the strategy is so simple. That's entirely not hypocritical. I wish it was a smarter match, but how many Deathstroke players wished he had smarter matches when he was wrecking shit? How many Sagat players wish they needed to play smarter? Probably none

If zoning characters couldn't zone...A lot of the problem with how NRS deals with their style of zoning is that, often, their zoners have other good offensive tools. Often times, they're not standard zoners with shit mobility, and mid-level offense. Occaisionally, they have good keepaway, above average offense, and decent mobility. All that is because of, you guessed it, projectile trading. NRS can't give them shit mobility or average offense like T. Hawk, or Guile because they would die too easily, but by giving them decent tools they create annoying tanks that people rage about and eventually get nerfed(gunshots). Kabal and Kenshi are exceptions to that but I expect them to get the hammer in MK10.

You just outlined elements that I also disagree with in NRS games. I don't support that stuff either. I'm not a hypocrite. I just want a sensible game.

If it were up to me, NRS games would not have overheads that lead to full combos. That's stupid, and too "3d gamish".
Wakeups wouldn't be what they are and I've already raged about armor when MK9 was out. The armor fairy exists because projectiles don't trade. That's NRS's answer to the problem of the chase element and projectile strength in their games.

Teleports...the NRS teleport is what it is. There's no way to balance it imo. Save for giving everyone some kind of meter based smoke parry, or making the teleports super punishable (which would destroy them), or removing their combo ability, I don't know what to do to them.
As Tom said on the podcast, Injustice is the "Marvel" version of Mortal Kombat. Projectiles either travel very fast or have multiple hits or both. Marvel functions similarly. Implementing a projectile trade system would be difficult.

NRS created the game with extremities in mind. Venom Bane is supposed to be an unstoppable juggernaut from whom you must run away. On the other hand, Black Adam is supposed to a mobile character who runs away and shoots lightnings. NRS intended the game and the characters to play this way. Ironically, Deathstroke cannot use low gunshots in many match ups because of the atrocious recovery.

@General M2Dave can we cuddle & talk about zoning?
I will skip on the cuddling, but we can talk about zoning any day of the week.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Ugh.. Ugh... Can we talk about FT5's? :confused:

How about a nice money match or casuals session! Or cupcakes :joker: