What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Jax The Jax Match-Up Thread

Guys i have real truble with liu kang,is there any gaps in his string,his bycicle kick is positive on block right? how to counter him?

What in the fuck is wrong with the Sub Zero match up? Nothing hits the dude..... all he has to do is crouch after anything he whiffs or gets blocked and he fucks jax. Do rockets and iceball trade? It doesn't seem like it, iceball wins every time and the rocket does no dmg. F2 is useless on him too it seems.

I don't know man this game is just...ugh... seems like so much is wrong with it for some reason. Way more "wtf is that shit?" moments then MK9 ever had and I played that for years and it's only been 2 months for mkx. Random moves beating armored wakeups instantly, all kinds of fuckin stupid shit in this game.

It seems like ducking is the ultimate move in this game....ducking beats like...everything, blocked? just duck and jab, whiff a tele? quick duck!

and the tracking is just bizarre as fuck... I can't take this game seriously at all right now.

Last edited:

RM slacked

Shinnok trash from Canada.
Played a few sets with Honeybee's D'vorah, I struggled midscreen a bit but once I got reads on his puddles and bugs I got in easily. When fighting a good D'vorah you need to watch out for the EX Ovipositor on wakeup when you're pressuring. Corner carries and pressure strings (like f21xxdb2 d4) are your best friend in this matchup since D'vorah will win at midscreen, also do NOT let her breathe, if she has armor, hit her with that pressure string then the f21 or whatever you want (then block) to bait her armored wakeups.

Also, will upload some sets with mikemetroid's cage and lao later so you guys can see that matchup.

Last edited:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Played a few sets with Honeybee's D'vorah, I struggled midscreen a bit but once I got reads on his puddles and bugs I got in easily. When fighting a good D'vorah you need to watch out for the EX Ovipositor on wakeup when you're pressuring. Corner carries and pressure strings (like f21xxdb2 d4) are your best friend in this matchup since D'vorah will win at midscreen, also do NOT let her breathe, if she has armor, hit her with that pressure string then the f21 or whatever you want (then block) to bait her armored wakeups.
b3~MB.db1 will beat out all of her armored wakeups.