What's new

THE GREAT DEBATE! MARVEL VS DC! WHO WILL WIN?!?!

Who Will Win?

• Total voters

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
To deal with the Flash Marvel has plenty of magic people who dont even need to be fast. Dr Strange puts some sort of magic spell on him and Flash is frozen, or Scarlet Witch wills his powers away, that kinda stuff.
Both doubtful if its kingdom come flash who is effectively omnipresent.
Also you can't freeze flash, either temporally or physically. They've tried both methods, he just moves through it anyways because "I'm speed"

Scarlet witch would get beaten by regular flash because her reactions aren't that good.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Both doubtful if its kingdom come flash who is effectively omnipresent.
Also you can't freeze flash, either temporally or physically. They've tried both methods, he just moves through it anyways because "I'm speed"

Scarlet witch would get beaten by regular flash because her reactions aren't that good.
Do you not understand her power?

Indecisive

I'm vividly aware of her power, but also her inability to will away someone whose lobbed her head off one autosecond into the fight.
She still has to think to will someone away.
She used probability magic. She can make it so she can never technically be hurt ever. It is basically impossible to beat her. Flash Also has limitation as long as Zoom is alive. Also we have no idea how speedsters in the marvel vs will affect him or the speed force.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
She used probability magic. She can make it so she can never technically be hurt ever. It is basically impossible to beat her. Flash Also has limitation as long as Zoom is alive. Also we have no idea how speedsters in the marvel vs will affect him or the speed force.
That was a movie plot device. Also, Flash has the capability to freeze her in time, if not go back in time to stop her, or go so far forward in time that she ceases to exist. He can punch her with infinite mass before her brain can even trigger the synapses to use any form of magic and she dies. Probability or not, she takes that damage or kinetic steal and she is done.

Indecisive

That was a movie plot device. Also, Flash has the capability to freeze her in time, if not go back in time to stop her, or go so far forward in time that she ceases to exist. He can punch her with infinite mass before her brain can even trigger the synapses to use any form of magic and she dies. Probability or not, she takes that damage or kinetic steal and she is done.
She can do the same thing basically. She can alter reality it self. She can make it so Flash does not have his powers. Why do people think flash is the best when he is beatable. People put him so high up. Its insane. He still has to Move to do everything you are saying. Witch can just do it. Bam no powers. Done. And i think that him having limited powers is an actual thing not just a movie point. Read the comic but dont remember fully. And Flash Still needs the Device to go back in time. Which didnt he not say he would not use again. And he has to move as a certain speed to do the punch. And doesnt he not have to pick up speed to do it. Also doesnt the punch take a lot out of him.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Flash is generally susceptible to telepaths if it helps anyone's arguments at all. Or at least the excuse they use with Grodd's TK etc. is that Flash can't move faster than thought or some such thing.

Speaking of which, I think Marvel might take it just because they have waaay more "Omega-level" telepaths than DC and I think in general a lot of the main DC guys are kinda susceptible to it.

@Lex Luthor II honestly I can't really wrap my head around WW being that fast, certainly not in The New 52 anyway, but even prior to that, it's just not showcased as much as her other abilities. The whole Superman/Hulk durability vs. the sword thing is a bit moot as other than Kryptonite magic is one of Supes bigger specific weaknesses, it won't necessarily work the same way on the Hulk. I don't honestly know if hulk would be "frozen" as compared to WW's speed.

There are too many variables in terms of WW's & Hulk's abilities. If we go by WW = Sentry powers/levels then why didn't the Sentry utterly destroy Hulk? It's rare that we're shown Wonder Woman is fighting in "bullet time" and she does get hit an awful lot when she's in fights with big brawler types. Thus it stands to reason that she could be hit by The Hulk.

Basically I'm not convinced by either the speed or the sword argument.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
She can do the same thing basically. She can alter reality it self. She can make it so Flash does not have his powers. Why do people think flash is the best when he is beatable. People put him so high up. Its insane. He still has to Move to do everything you are saying. Witch can just do it. Bam no powers. Done. And i think that him having limited powers is an actual thing not just a movie point. Read the comic but dont remember fully. And Flash Still needs the Device to go back in time. Which didnt he not say he would not use again. And he has to move as a certain speed to do the punch. And doesnt he not have to pick up speed to do it. Also doesnt the punch take a lot out of him.
He is beatable, just not by Scarlet Witch. He has to move, but he is the embodyment of speed. Him moving isn't as slow as Scarlet witch having to think to do anything. Flash comes in, taps her, and the kinetic energy within her brain is slowed to a halt. She gets to enjoy the rest of her life as a vegetable because her synapses never reach the point of actual cognition. That or he clothlines her going just under relativity speeds and her entire body explodes. Or he phases through her ala smoke and detonates her on the atomic level.
All of this happens before she can even process a thought. Before she can even begin to attempt to try to do so.

Flash doesn't need the time treadmill anymore, and Barry Allen/Wally West have been shown to outpace death itself while running through time into the past.

He has to move lightspeed, and if this is Kingdom Come flash, he is already at lightspeed by the time the match begins.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
I always see people making these arguments about what The Flash could theoretically do, yet there is literally zero evidence for it in the comics.

People try and bleed random bits of science into their arguments for why The Flash beats everyone, yet the freakin' rogues give the guy trouble.

A guy who is literally made of random bits of metal and another guy made of tar give The Flash trouble.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I always see people making these arguments about what The Flash could theoretically do, yet there is literally zero evidence for it in the comics.

People try and bleed random bits of science into their arguments for why The Flash beats everyone, yet the freakin' rogues give the guy trouble.

A guy who is literally made of random bits of metal and another guy made of tar give The Flash trouble.
The rogues give him trouble? Because last I checked Flash was bodying cosmic+ entities by himself, and then blipping back in time to give himself super powers.
I think they tone him down to prevent him from doing everyone elses job, because what good would a comic be if the problem were solved in 1 panel?

Plus there was that whole white lantern thing.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The rogues give him trouble? Because last I checked Flash was bodying cosmic+ entities by himself, and then blipping back in time to give himself super powers.
I think they tone him down to prevent him from doing everyone elses job, because what good would a comic be if the problem were solved in 1 panel?

Plus there was that whole white lantern thing.
Everyone and their mother was a White Lantern for a bit. That doesn't count.
I'm just saying a lot of the theoretical stuff that people come up with him being able to do is kinda nutsballs, and it doesn't happen in the comics.
I'm just saying if Grodd can whoop his ass 1-on-1 then other people stand a chance too.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Everyone and their mother was a White Lantern for a bit. That doesn't count.
I'm just saying a lot of the theoretical stuff that people come up with him being able to do is kinda nutsballs, and it doesn't happen in the comics.
I'm just saying if Grodd can whoop his ass 1-on-1 then other people stand a chance too.
Except Grodd can't, at least not when Flash has the kiddie gloves taken off by the authors.

This guy single handedly ended the multiverse and bodied pretty much every hero they threw at him in one sweep including a pretty massive majority of the Green Lantern core, Superboy Prime, etc. Flash goes about soloing him.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Except Grodd can't, at least not when Flash has the kiddie gloves taken off by the authors.

This guy single handedly ended the multiverse and bodied pretty much every hero they threw at him in one sweep including a pretty massive majority of the Green Lantern core, Superboy Prime, etc. Flash goes about soloing him.
Well if we're doing kiddie gloves be taken off by authors than Scarlet Witch can take him, but then it would sort of break the rule of "no omnipotent people".
Scarlet Witch erased people from existence because she felt like, she created life from nothing and had complete control over reality, even when she got merked in that state by Hawkeye shooting her in the head, she just shrugged it off and desconstructed his very being into nothing.

For the most part, she was an invincible god during House of M/Avengers Disassembled, there's not much The Flash can do against that, at least he could physically damage the Anti-Monitor.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Well if we're doing kiddie gloves be taken off by authors than Scarlet Witch can take him, but then it would sort of break the rule of "no omnipotent people".
Scarlet Witch erased people from existence because she felt like, she created life from nothing and had complete control over reality, even when she got merked in that state by Hawkeye shooting her in the head, she just shrugged it off and desconstructed his very being into nothing.

For the most part, she was an invincible god during House of M/Avengers Disassembled, there's not much The Flash can do against that, at least he could physically damage the Anti-Monitor.
She got merced by someone shooting an arrow, yet you think she is going to be able to stop someone from lobbing her head clean off before she can trigger any magic? Also correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they in an alternate plane of things in House of M where she basically had domain? Hawkeye ended up surviving as well, and House of M/Dis both lacked someone with the speed and capacity of Flash.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
She got merced by someone shooting an arrow, yet you think she is going to be able to stop someone from lobbing her head clean off before she can trigger any magic? Also correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't they in an alternate plane of things in House of M where she basically had domain? Hawkeye ended up surviving as well, and House of M/Dis both lacked someone with the speed and capacity of Flash.
She didn't really get merced though, the arrow didn't matter, the physical damage had no effect on her whatsoever. House of M is the other way around, she was so powerful she warped all of current reality into a different version because she wanted to, so even outside of HoM she has the power. Hawkeye ended up surviving because she chose to bring him back to life. So she was a bit godlike, which is why everyone wanted her dead, it was too messed up to keep her alive, and even then she didn't die, she just let everyone think she did.

His speed is irrelevant if he can't hurt her physically.

Again this is getting a little bit silly, because as I pointed out due to writer inconsistencies we can come up with all sorts of scenarios why x beats y. The rules of the argument aren't clearly defined and thus we probably won't come to an agreement.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
She didn't really get merced though, the arrow didn't matter, the physical damage had no effect on her whatsoever. House of M is the other way around, she was so powerful she warped all of current reality into a different version because she wanted to, so even outside of HoM she has the power. Hawkeye ended up surviving because she chose to bring him back to life. So she was a bit godlike, which is why everyone wanted her dead, it was too messed up to keep her alive, and even then she didn't die, she just let everyone think she did.

Again this is getting a little bit silly, because as I pointed out due to writer inconsistencies we can come up with all sorts of scenarios why x beats y. The rules of the argument aren't clearly defined and thus we probably won't come to an agreement.
House of M came from her mental instability. Pretty much her one-off with nigh-omnipotence was all on account of her random power spasm. That random spasm won't happen if she is frozen in time itself or all of the kinetic energy in her brain is robbed, or if her entire body detonates on an atomic level.

Her invulnerability comes into effect much slower than Flash's ability to can her in space/time.

Agreement, maybe not, but thats because you are basing your idea on one scenario with people moving at subsonic speeds and managed to alter the planet they are on versus one where there is someone who moves fast enough to defeat someone who doesn't just wipe the powers on a planet but literally took the omniverse and destroyed 99% of it casually.

Alexandru Pascu

XBLGT:LordR3van90

It's cool how you're all (well most anyway) trying to be reasonable about all this, but it's just a matter of twisting facts and picking the facts most suitable for any given situation to have a character you perceive as stronger win the fight. It's fun and I have enjoyed every (okay maybe once again most) post(s) in this thread but if anything this thread just shows there's no way to reach a consensus because that's the nature of the genre.

That being said I hope this discussion keeps rolling.

Theres this thing in the debate world called "outliers" that were made for people like Batman.
A showing of power that is never replicated, cannot be replicated, and exists far outside of a characters' realistic ability or mindset.

Batman jumping on Darksied's back and causing him to stumble a bit? Outlier.
If Batman punched Superman causing him damage despite it being so hugely below Superman's usual tanking that it shouldn't affect him? Outlier.

Even if its canonical, its just as capable of being an outlier and thus being unable to be replicated in an actual fight outside of that one instance.
Oh God! If you want to apply that logic than every superpower is an outlier. Superman can't possibly do stuff like moving planets or traveling at the speed of light. It is physically imposible in the real world for the body of his mass, volume and density. That is why I say this is stupid to talk about who beats who from different universes if some power levels are pretty similar. There is inconsitency in power levels in writers own books. That means that comic authors adjust them to the needs of the situation. And that is why it is impossible to say before hand who will beat who. Because all that shit is theoretical and happens in the copy of the DC or Marvel universe that you or other fan have created inside your imagination. But the actual DC characters are portraited in the comicbooks by their authors. That is where official DC or Marvel universe stands. I feel already stupid because of having this discussion for so long with a kid. Don't get me wrong I like comics and all these dicussions about how awesome it would be if character A faced character B. You can be sure that Superman would probably kick Bruce's ass. But you have got to realize that you can't be saying shit like:" Superman beats Hulk no doubts"!Or "Thanos beats Darseid for sure"! It may be you humble opinion, but there no iron facts. First of all because it is all a fictional world and second the rules of this fictional reality change from book to book.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Marvel is more mainstream and dcu is more refined. Why does everything on this site have to have a stupid match up?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
there is someone who moves fast enough to defeat someone who doesn't just wipe the powers on a planet but literally took the omniverse and destroyed 99% of it casually.
A) the fact that this statement can be made is hella dumb. It's not any less true, but it approaches the event horizon of stupidity itself.
B) It's match-up based. 99% of the Omniverse couldn't gank the Anti-Monitor, but The Flash could, doesn't mean he automatically takes anyone who couldn't defeat the Anti-Monitor. That's just plain incorrect. Hypothetically Scarlet Witch could beat the Anti-Monitor
C) Flash's speed doesn't matter, she is literally godlike in that state, it doesn't matter how fast he can do stuff to her before she has time to react because none of the stuff he can do hurts her in that situation.
D) Her alteration of reality has nothing to do with that, House of M takes place in the same universe as everything else. When House of M is over she still has the power, hence why the mutan Decimation takes place (which is totally the wrong word).
E) Yeah I'm basing my argument on the thing Wanda did one time, you're basing yours pretty much on "Flash beat the Anti-Monitor" and that The Flash is fast.

Marvel is more mainstream and dcu is more refined. Why does everything on this site have to have a stupid match up?
Because that's what was asked. If we were arguing about which comic book publisher is better it's a different argument entirely, but that's not what the thread is about. Plenty of people have that insane argument as well.
And I'd argue the opposite of what you just said. DC is more mainstream and Marvel is more refined IMO.

A) the fact that this statement can be made is hella dumb. It's not any less true, but it approaches the event horizon of stupidity itself.
B) It's match-up based. 99% of the Omniverse couldn't gank the Anti-Monitor, but The Flash could, doesn't mean he automatically takes anyone who couldn't defeat the Anti-Monitor. That's just plain incorrect. Hypothetically Scarlet Witch could beat the Anti-Monitor
C) Flash's speed doesn't matter, she is literally godlike in that state, it doesn't matter how fast he can do stuff to her before she has time to react because none of the stuff he can do hurts her in that situation.
D) Her alteration of reality has nothing to do with that, House of M takes place in the same universe as everything else. When House of M is over she still has the power, hence why the mutan Decimation takes place (which is totally the wrong word).
E) Yeah I'm basing my argument on the thing Wanda did one time, you're basing yours pretty much on "Flash beat the Anti-Monitor" and that The Flash is fast.

Because that's what was asked. If we were arguing about which comic book publisher is better it's a different argument entirely, but that's not what the thread is about. Plenty of people have that insane argument as well.
And I'd argue the opposite of what you just said. DC is more mainstream and Marvel is more refined IMO.
If you take Wanda from the HoM she is pretty close to omnipotent. she decides how fast something is. That means that she can be as fast as she wants to be. And she can make flash as slow as she wants him to be. You can't fight God no matter how fast you are. the fact that she was taken down itself is (how did Doombawks put it?) an Outlier:) And again you can't be sure - Flash changes reality too, Not like Wanda and not that he has any real control over what is being changed, but when we are talking about shit on that level of impossible how can we predict the outcome???There is no way. Hell people can not predict what the electrons behave like in different situations - what can you predict about objects moving at speeds several times the lightspeed( Seriously WTF????) and minds warping reality. You can only write you own version of a fictional story about this.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh God! If you want to apply that logic than every superpower is an outlier. Superman can't possibly do stuff like moving planets or traveling at the speed of light. It is physically imposible in the real world for the body of his mass, volume and density. That is why I say this is stupid to talk about who beats who from different universes if some power levels are pretty similar. There is inconsitency in power levels in writers own books. That means that comic authors adjust them to the needs of the situation. And that is why it is impossible to say before hand who will beat who. Because all that shit is theoretical and happens in the copy of the DC or Marvel universe that you or other fan have created inside your imagination. But the actual DC characters are portraited in the comicbooks by their authors. That is where official DC or Marvel universe stands. I feel already stupid because of having this discussion for so long with a kid. Don't get me wrong I like comics and all these dicussions about how awesome it would be if character A faced character B. You can be sure that Superman would probably kick Bruce's ass. But you have got to realize that you can't be saying shit like:" Superman beats Hulk no doubts"!Or "Thanos beats Darseid for sure"! It may be you humble opinion, but there no iron facts. First of all because it is all a fictional world and second the rules of this fictional reality change from book to book.
Except no, those abilities are both replicated and within the characters scope of power as shown through several instances against other characters who promote those feats for the sake of their own tanking or powers. Superpowers are feats, random acts of godliness by humans that never would be possible outside of storylines (Capitan Boomerang being even a relative threat to the flash) are outliers.

Also as far as Thanos vs Darkseid, Thanos wins with infinity Gauntlet. Also Hulk can't fly. If you have your doubts towards it all, feel free to check out a place called the OBD. Its where people do this kind of thing on a level beyond that of regular TYM members. They even have a wiki with character profiles, and within it outlines their abilities, and even past matches with victors and losses.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
A) The character is powerful verging on true godhood. Stupid as it may seem, he is leagues above and beyond Scarlet Witch.
B) No, she couldn't. Her range of ability is about one planet, and even that she couldn't control completely. She said no more powers, yet powers still existed. She wanted to make a paradise, and people could still openly interfere. Thats not even remote omnipotence, and in the span of her world she is basically Shuma-gorath but nothing like that matters to a guy who thunderclaps your entire universe out of existence along with the millions of universes surrounding you. The flash beat that guy.
C) She has to activate it, so yes, it does matter.
D) House of M takes place in the same universe as everything else, but thats not to say it takes place in the same plane of existence. Regardless, she isn't going to be doing much of anything without a head to form thoughts with, or kinetic energy to use.
E) Two different leagues. Like saying Batman could beat Darksied because he managed to beat Bane. One is a subsonic, though admittedly strong, member of a weaker whole. The other is an omniversal threat. Also the Flash's speed has beaten far more than just one person, one time. He, along with other Flashes, have messed and mucked around with time as a hobby almost. They outran death itself, they are faster than concepts. I don't know if you realize it, but they are essentially faster than anything Scarlet Witch could do. Everything she does is a force, be it magic or direct manipulation its something that needs to be activated and take effect. Death is a concept, its something thats instant in its entirety. I could exclude the Anti-monitor completely from my argument and it wouldn't change the fact that the Flash caused the Flashpoint by taking a casual jog, and is outrunning the fundamental building blocks of existence while carrying on a conversation with someone else.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos

You like to argue. Cool story bro.

Except he isn't. He is on Spawn tier. LT decides his existence is an issue and deletes him before he even has a chance to exist.
His "god" that he kills isn't even somewhat omnipotent.
Doesn't matter he can't just be removed He is the strongest dc char and besides TOAA and Presence only can beat him his power in relative to other chars is way more he pulls out his colts and bang bang