What's new

Combo List - Goro The Goro Combo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
you could also not run and do that btw.

Also, just doing b12u2 times 3 into SG does same damage as that.

What's the general consensus on the b1,2,u2 combo? What do we like for our bread and butter? Also what are we getting max damage with 1 bar on this string too? Is 46% in Warrior the highest?

4x4lo8o

Noob
What's the general consensus on the b1,2,u2 combo? What do we like for our bread and butter? Also what are we getting max damage with 1 bar on this string too? Is 46% in Warrior the highest?
I do b12u2, b12u2, 21~grab, which I think is 33%. I think there are other people using harder BnB combos with njp or something. I think b12u2, b12u2, njp f3~grab is 35%

I'm pretty sure KW can get 48% midscreen with one bar. b12u2 b12u2 b12u2 121~grab Ex Ground pound, or something along those lines

Mortal Komhat

I do b12u2, b12u2, 21~grab, which I think is 33%. I think there are other people using harder BnB combos with njp or something. I think b12u2, b12u2, njp f3~grab is 35%
that's with jip.

b12u2 b12u2 b12u2 grab is highest at 34% naked (36% jip), 35% in DF (37% jip)

additionally, doing b12u2 b12u2 b12u2 b12 grab is tied in damage with the above. If you get perfect height you might be able to get 121 instead which might do more damage.

peachyO

Noob
I believe b12u2 f, b12u2, 21 SG should be the gold standard B&B. At 32% meterless, its damage is only 1 or 2 points behind other variations of the combo, with much less chance of dropping it.

Another combo to consider is b12u2, f214 SG or chest lunge (if using kuatan warrior ) with a jip, either will crack 30% damage, are easy to perform, and take advantage of the new properties of f214.
And of course, adding the guaranteed EX ground pound to any of these cranks the damage up to 40% or more. Nice to see him with more options!

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I believe b12u2 f, b12u2, 21 SG should be the gold standard B&B. At 32% meterless, its damage is only 1 or 2 points behind other variations of the combo, with much less chance of dropping it.

Another combo to consider is b12u2, f214 SG or chest lunge (if using kuatan warrior ) with a jip, either will crack 30% damage, are easy to perform, and take advantage of the new properties of f214.
And of course, adding the guaranteed EX ground pound to any of these cranks the damage up to 40% or more. Nice to see him with more options!
if i end in f214 i end combos with stomp, because it's an inescapable 10%

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Is it fully guaranteed? If so this should be the meterless ended midscreen, good corner push, damage, & we stay right on em.
unless something changed in the last hotfix it is. If you hold forward on the telestomp it hits every time vs wakeups and tech rolls and tech roll wakeups, from my testing at least

Gurg

Noob
Telestomps seem to be inescapable only when done early in the combo, otherwise they can roll and wakeup backdash or ex attack. Not to say that it isn't viable, because it's a difficult escape, but I don't think it's technically "inescapable".

What combo are you doing exactly? I'd love to be proven wrong. :)

Telestomps seem to be inescapable only when done early in the combo, otherwise they can roll and wakeup backdash or ex attack. Not to say that it isn't viable, because it's a difficult escape, but I don't think it's technically "inescapable".

What combo are you doing exactly? I'd love to be proven wrong. :)
f213 telestomp is inescapable on hit, hold forward when you do stomp and you will hit them regardless of whether they roll or not

Gurg

Noob
Well, that would be just raw f214 into telestomp right? If so, then yeah, like 3d3 into hold-forward-telestomp, it's inescapable.. but that would be early in the combo. I thought we were talking about ending a juggle with it? If I was mistaken, I apologize. :)

Gurg

Noob
Speaking of telestomp... are you guys also finding that it switches sides a lot more often now? It's like the quicker startup changes the tracking somehow, or maybe they just changed the tracking placement in general?

I'm not sure if I like it actually.. I really liked the midscreen 3d3 into telestomp because it had nice carry, but if I'm switching sides it kind of defeats the purpose.

4x4lo8o

Noob
would it be possible to get someone who plays the game and the character to maintain the combo thread?
I've been thinking this too. @_CHINOCUDEIRO_ seems long gone. Do we have a character mod who can update it? Or should on of us just make a new one? @Espio
I feel like combo threads and general discussions are the kind of thing you want to close and start over a few months after the game comes out anyway so it's easier for people to find current information as opposed to digging through irrelevant day 1 and pre-patch stuff

I don't like ending in stomp. It leaves you closer and does slightly more, but it's also negative on hit and basically lets the opponent gets in/out(whichever they want depending on the match up) for free

Mortal Komhat

Stomp is +8 on hit.

HOWEVER, it leaves you too far to try anything relevant to what Goro wants. I even tried fireball with Tigrar and they can armor that for free. At best it's EX PW or block I've found. Maybe, on a read, EX SG.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Stomp is +8 on hit.

HOWEVER, it leaves you too far to try anything relevant to what Goro wants. I even tried fireball with Tigrar and they can armor that for free. At best it's EX PW or block I've found. Maybe, on a read, EX SG.

God dammit! Why did I listen to in game frame data?

Still doesn't change the position problem midscreen but I might use it more often in the corner now

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Stomp is +8 on hit.

You sure about that? How did you test it?

Espio

Kokomo
I've been thinking this too. @_CHINOCUDEIRO_ seems long gone. Do we have a character mod who can update it? Or should on of us just make a new one? @Espio
I feel like combo threads and general discussions are the kind of thing you want to close and start over a few months after the game comes out anyway so it's easier for people to find current information as opposed to digging through irrelevant day 1 and pre-patch stuff

I don't like ending in stomp. It leaves you closer and does slightly more, but it's also negative on hit and basically lets the opponent gets in/out(whichever they want depending on the match up) for free
If you would like to make one, I will sticky it and unsticky the current one.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
God dammit! Why did I listen to in game frame data?

Still doesn't change the position problem midscreen but I might use it more often in the corner now
Still not worth it IMO. Yes your combos do a bit more with the unscaled damage but even if stomp is really +8 there's still not much you can do. End with shokan grab aand you're +28. In the corner, that means you can do pretty much anything, even that slow ass F2.

Status
Not open for further replies.