What's new

The funniest and worst shenanigans you have ever experienced?

GhosT

Noob
This is all reptile related.. I dont understand these at all so maybe someone knows whats up. I won all these matches but these shenanigans did not help the cause.

Shenanigan 1. Playing a friends sektor for a few sets, he likes to teleport into ex for his little combo. I had him full screen throwing spits leaving him ducked.. Put an ex slowball on the field and dashed in. About this time i was still right behind the ball looking to jump punch in. I had a feeling hes gna teleport behind the ball. So i instantly dash again right as he teleports(i block the teleport) and for what felt like an eternity, probobly two full seconds the sektor was standing inside my jumbo sized slow ball, not blocking and the ball just kept on going. Not sure why it didnt do what it was supposed to. but we both had a good laugh cuz it looked funny.

2. Playing a decent sub zero: second round in im trying to close the deal. We both had no health bar (can barely see the green bar if at all.. Less than 5 % each.) he was On ground and i knew he as coming for a wakeup slide. I use fast FB and he slides in thru the ball to get the win. (i thought if it had invincibility frames he would take damage and continue on slide? In this case the damage should have ended fight. Still have no idea what happend there but the ball explodes on his face and he slides another few feet and kills me. lol

3. Got paired with a guy online who had around 500-50 record. REptile mirror match. There were times in this game where we both dashed at the same time literally rubbing faces( we were both at max range when dashing so no collision just stopped literally next to each other.. But for some reason i would get launched like hit by a forceball.. This one baffles me the most. It happend twice and only when we both dash same time and end up next to each other. No green acid like when the ball hits. but the exact same animation.

None of these were a big deal. It just seemed like yesterday was the day of shenanigans for me. If anyone has experienced any of these before, has tested them, or knows anything about them. Please spread the knowledge. I am unfamiliar with all of the situations.

Thanks TYM

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I was playing someone online, we both were 1/1, we're both at around 15% or less in round 2. So, he's in the corner, and I'm reading him from midscreen and put an EX slide out...the slide connects but the kicks whiff. I lost the round there, pissed me off pretty good. Lesson learned, I don't use EX slides in the corner anymore.

I've had the Sub-Zero situation happen to me a few times, I THINK his EX slide will go through the FB? Reminds me that I need to test that more, SZ does it pretty consistently in the trainer if you put him on wakeup.

You could've made this more general.

You know Reptile's not the only character in the game with some questionnable shens. :p

Robo-mitsu

Ninjas son
2. Playing a decent sub zero: second round in im trying to close the deal. We both had no health bar (can barely see the green bar if at all.. Less than 5 % each.) he was On ground and i knew he as coming for a wakeup slide. I use fast FB and he slides in thru the ball to get the win. (i thought if it had invincibility frames he would take damage and continue on slide? In this case the damage should have ended fight. Still have no idea what happend there but the ball explodes on his face and he slides another few feet and kills me. lol
I think you're confusing invincibility frames with armour. With invincible wakeup you are invulnerable for a few frames (i.e nothing hits). With armoured attacks you take damage, but still finish your attack.

I was calling shenanigans the other night when I was playing a decent Kabal. I was taking him 5-0 until a weird round where I had him cornered. I froze him on wake up with the clone, but it happened as I was jumping in on him. We got stuck inside each other. Sub and Kabal's models merged, causing all my attempts to combo him while frozen to whiff. He unfreezed and eventually dashes, putting me into the corner, getting a full combo, and leaving me to lose the match completely mindfucked.

GhosT

Noob
My bad for posting this in the Reptile forum, all my stuff was for reptile so i thought it would be a good spot.

Anyway so to clarify my sub zero issue. He has invincibility not armor on the wakeup slide? And it lasts for the duration of the slide or a short period? This would make sense as to why i didnt get chip damage if it was invincibility not armor.

For the forceball stuff where sektor ex teleports, gets blocked and chills out inside my slowball, i guess the forceballs have a max time limit on screen before they are no longer an attack but a big green blob? It was on screen for a while when he teleported into it so i guess that could be it.

Still hoping someone knows what might of happend with the reptile mirror match. That was by far the craziest stuff i have seen yet