What's new

Tech The Flash: A step closer to Kabal.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Obviously he has no gas blasts, but some interesting Cancels.
Inputs:
First option: B22 RMS cancel, D1 RMS forward, F213.
Second: B22 RMS cancel, D1 RMS forward, B22 RMS cancel repeat.
third: B22 RMS cancel, D1 RMS forward, B22F3 RMS F1 MB (on hitcofirm 11, F213.)
fourth: B22 RMS cancel, D1Rms cancel, B22F3 RSS F1 MB (onblock) D1D2.. you get the point.
This stuff. can endlessly loop.
I'm going to master this.
To input RMS on D1 input it as so: D1D2. If you do this, rms will come out.
FLASH MAINS RISE, THE NEW KABALS OF IGAU!
@Zyphox @lorenzo @LEGEND @SaJa @xFriction_Burnx @The_SNKE @GGA Dizzy @Bluez @r3cursi0n @Ironheart@Squeaker101@Superi0rMagik @dagnasty138 @MAPUSA @Shady @Hellion_96 @Mvskokee @Sub-0110 @chronos411 @LizardLard@Reptile Orion@dagnasty138 @DuskAlloy @DEEGAMER00 GamerBlake90

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
what happens if they crouch block the Lightning charge out of RMS? If they aren't big, you whiff and get smoked for it, right? Obviously you have some mix up potential, but against a lot of characters in the game, RMS into anything other than cancel is really unsafe. If they crouch, they block RMS f3, RMS f1 MB goes over their head, and RMS f2 whiffs on crouching characters up close.

Obviously the same problem presents itself if you do f213 somewhere in your cancel pressure...almost everybody can still crouch f2(1) and punish Flash.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
What about b2, 2, f3, RMS, cancel, ground pound ? x) Once they'll respect that, we can go for RMS cancel strings all day.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
What about b2, 2, f3, RMS, cancel, ground pound ? x) Once they'll respect that, we can go for RMS cancel strings all day.
do you mean actually doing b22f3 RMS cancel and then a naked sonic pound? I feel like this would have a really big gap in it. You might as well just do b22f3 close/middle sonic pound on block, since i think that is a front/back mixup on a lot of characters.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Ground pound MB is +11 on block and land to 30% combo on hit and 50% with the trait. Safer than LC MB for shy people.

I don't like the comparaison between flash and kabal. Kabal was god tier. Flash isn't. This is kind of overeacting. Just compare him to Rain.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
what happens if they crouch block the Lightning charge out of RMS? If they aren't big, you whiff and get smoked for it, right? Obviously you have some mix up potential, but against a lot of characters in the game, RMS into anything other than cancel is really unsafe. If they crouch, they block RMS f3, RMS f1 MB goes over their head, and RMS f2 whiffs on crouching characters up close.

Obviously the same problem presents itself if you do f213 somewhere in your cancel pressure...almost everybody can still crouch f2(1) and punish Flash.
its pressure, just remember that.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
its pressure, just remember that.
It's definitely good for pressure. It'd just be nice of like half of the options you open for yourself with it weren't completely nuked by crouch block. Besides b22 RMS cancel, do any of the other strings into cancel actually give significant advantage?

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
It's definitely good for pressure. It'd just be nice of like half of the options you open for yourself with it weren't completely nuked by crouch block. Besides b22 RMS cancel, do any of the other strings into cancel actually give significant advantage?
no they are gimmicks, BUT...
B22F3 into Rms = frame trap. D1 rms = gimmick but its TOO fast to react to properly.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
b22, RMS cancel is already a big deal. But yeah, we should have a look on the frame data about every single string flash does.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Nothing about that dude. As long as Flash isn't truly fixed he will have too many weaknesses to rise a major tournament. But this is not the thread.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
b22, RMS cancel is already a big deal. But yeah, we should have a look on the frame data about every single string flash does.
basically, i think b22 RMS cancel is so good because b22 normally has a long recovery, but also does heavy block stun. The RMS cancel just replaces your recovery frames with a fast transition back to neutral. Many of Flash's other strings are good on block (around zero or slightly positive) because they recover fast, rather than because they do a lot of block stun. In the corner, I think 21 RMS cancel would be good because they can't get pushed back.