What's new

The ECT 2019 Hype, Salt and Updates Thread

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I gotta say, watching WideTurn.. Even in the matches he lost vs. Semij, it was very competitive. He was, in most cases, just a couple mistakes away from closing out rounds.. Whiffed throws, or getting regular bounce instead of the close one, etc.

But I think he should be happy about how he’s been playing in this event and imo it says good things for the future. I dig watching him and Upgraded in general.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Who was that guy here who was calling people crazy for saying that Cage was a counterpick to Liu?

Sonic just destroyed Ninja free with Show Stopper, no rounds. Whiff punishes everywhere and he outranged every button LK has. I think the cat is out of the bag and the argument should be dead from here on.

Toruko61

Noob
Who was that guy here who was calling people crazy for saying that Cage was a counterpick to Liu?

Sonic just destroyed Ninja free with Show Stopper, no rounds. Whiff punishes everywhere and he outranged every button LK has. I think the cat is out of the bag and the argument should be dead from here on.
Ninja seems to be using d4 instead of f3 for mid range footsies now.
Guess two more active braincells can't make up for the the nerf.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Doesn't it strike anyone odd how people just let go of block against sonic mid string?

Happened with cold,dvorah jade ,cage, anything he plays.

It's like they're scared shitless to think.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
It wasnt that much of a character, but SonicFox totally outplay ninjakilla.
Nah, Sonic has struggled against Ninja for two MK games straight now. Even when he beats him it’s always an extremely close competitive match.

You can’t tell me that he’s suddenly massively outplaying Ninja and it has nothing to do with the fact that Cage causes LK to struggle at a lot of the ranges he’s usually happiest at.

A lot of people are experiencing this match up online which is why their opinion on it is skewed, a lot of characters get away with murder online.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Guess I gotta cash up and become a pro player, they only get male hitbox matches (kotal, liu, cetrion) and us scrubs online get only cassie and sonya counterpicks 9/10.

I guess if I go pro they'd pick only male hitboxes against me out of respect.

give Sonic credit for finding the character that could beat his new potential nemesis and labbing it to the highest level

that matchup is a joke tho so nk gonna have to find an answer

Nah, Sonic has struggled against Ninja for two MK games straight now. Even when he beats him it’s always an extremely close competitive match.

You can’t tell me that he’s suddenly massively outplaying Ninja and it has nothing to do with the fact that Cage causes LK to struggle at a lot of the ranges he’s usually happiest at.
Struggle where? SonicFox struggle with character like Jade and Dvorah against massively broken Liu Kang. And he struggle against other Kang player, because Kang was and still is OP.
Mk10 is no comparison at all, cause it was complete dead game, and Sonic and other top players moved to other games long ago.
And Sonic beat him pretty convincingly in top 8 at the CEO and at the NA East Online Cup.
As far as this night match, it was totally SonicFox outplay ninjakilla.

The absolute beating that Dragon handed HoneyBee was savage. That man saw escape failed and just decided that he wasn't gonna get throw KB'd that afternoon.